What is the driving force of Islamic Jihad

no .. the driving force is Jihad .... it has been stated several times by OBL and most recently Mahmoud Ahmadinejad .... you just choose to ignore the obvous.

(sigh......)

Jihad is a tool, not a cause.

Read Michael Scheuer if you care to learn. He's the respected former Chief of the CIA's Bin Ladin Unit. He's forgotten more about Al Qaeda, than you and I have ever learned put together.

Jihad just means struggle. Jihad doesn't need to be violent. One can declare jihad against over eating or smoking.

Obviously there must be something to struggle against. Terrorists jihad against perceived oppression both real and unreal.

I'll tell you something Klatu, I think you have a lot of nerve.

And then say, we have a problem because obviously the men who are abusing and raping and murdering women in this country every six minutes, are doing it because the bible told them to. Or maybe I should post the story of how two daughters get their father drunk and then do him, I think it's called Lot's of incest, or something like that? And then we can blame all the child abuse that happens in this country on the bible..

You know what Darla .. I needed to read this once again .. because you what.. this very thing takes place on this and the other site at least every other day... i.e. see your little buddy's posts ... robdawg ... and all I see you do is agree with him....

But post something derogatory about Islam...and boy oh boy all you lefty's come ruinning to their defense ....

(sigh......)

Read Michael Scheuer if you care to learn. He's the respected former Chief of the CIA's Bin Ladin Unit. He's forgotten more about Al Qaeda, than you and I have ever learned put together.

Klattue, frankly I think you would give up believing people who've been wrong about virtually everything pertaining to Iraq and Afghanistan for the last five years. The one's who are promoting this point of view ("The Koran causes muslims to be violent!"), are sean hannity, Glenn beck, Michael Savage, Tom Delay, Newt Gingrich, etc.

Someday, I hope you'll consider learning from people who actually have been right all along: like this Michael Scheuer dude. Everything he predicted about Iraq and Afghanistan has come true.

You know what Darla .. I needed to read this once again .. because you what.. this very thing takes place on this and the other site at least every other day... i.e. see your little buddy's posts ... robdawg ... and all I see you do is agree with him....

But post something derogatory about Islam...and boy oh boy all you lefty's come ruinning to their defense ....

Well, Rob first of all, is funny, so he can say anything he wants. Secondly, he's not using quotes from the bible, he's talking about religious folk in general, regardless of what religion they come from. It's two different things.

You are using quotes from a religious text to slander a religion and its followers, while at the same time, you follow a religion whose main text has little but violence, degredation, slavery, sexism, racism, incest and to top it all off, some more violence. So I don't think you have any standing to point a finger, is my point. Whereas Robdawg obviously does.

You might want to spend some time reviewing the threads on this board. Recently, there have been numerous threads about this subject, with dozens of posts from AOI, myself, and Mainman calling al qaeda authoritarian theocrats.

That's what they are. And the left (and our founding fathers) abhored Theocracy.

(sigh......)

(sigh...)

You know.. you either have to believe that these people are fervent in their faith.. which they are .. and take what they say serious ... which is on record .. no propaganda here.. what they say is on record and their actions back it up.
And look to the source of their teachings ... from an extreme angle ...
Just as you do when critiquing the actions of American Christians who are anti gay .... (right Darla?)

You talk about Bush Apoligists .. what do we have here ...

Over the course of weeks I have posted several articles and statements from mainstream and foriegn sources... outlining that we are up against leaders who believe that they are on a devine mission. Also ...the power struggle for Middle East Land (energy) is of course the trophy ... there is a multi headed monster in place...
But I will agree...we need to get out of it.... asap .... and we need to become self sufficient. We need to remove ourselves from this power struggle and Holy War.

I guarantee you if you handed these terrorists and fanatics a bible they would be doing the same kind of thing. These people are just looking for an excuse.

Well, Rob first of all, is funny, so he can say anything he wants. Secondly, he's not using quotes from the bible, he's talking about religious folk in general, regardless of what religion they come from. It's two different things.

You are using quotes from a religious text to slander a religion and its followers, while at the same time, you follow a religion whose main text has little but violence, degredation, slavery, sexism, racism, incest and to top it all off, some more violence. So I don't think you have any standing to point a finger, is my point. Whereas Robdawg obviously does.

I dont see why Rob should be an exception to the rule Darla... and besides ..his posts are always in reference to Christians... so Rob gets a free pass with his prejudicial remarks...? He is allowed to ride free on the hate train? As long as that hate is pointed in what Darla thinks is the right direction?

What religion do I follow Darla? Please tell me...

Oh.. are you talking about the Bible Darla ... yeah there is much in the Bibles Old test that outlines a dark history ... but there is also the brighter side.. and then of course there is the New Testament .... and of course.. genuine Christians see the message of Peace, Love and Brotherhood.. but then.. if you want to dig in the past as USC would .. there is a darker side... but hopefully true Christians have evolved past that.
Since true Christians do not have their children strap bombs around their waste and blow themselves up in shopping malls ... in this regard... I think they may have a case to make.
And of course ..if you realistically look around the world .. seek out the havoc ... there is some commonalities as to who and where the havoc revolves.

Strapping bombs to oneself isn't a uniquely muslim thing. This was done is south east asia as well. It isn't a tactic purely out of belief but out of desperation due to lack of ability to find better means. If our position was hopeless you would see many among us strapping bombs to ourselves too.

This isn't about religion it is about circumstances.

Its easy to be high and mighty when you live in a society where pretty much everyone has enough, technology is advanced and the military is unassailable.

Change places and we'll see how much love, peace and happiness survives.

From what I have seen human nature persists regardless of religion. Even in a vacuum of religion it persists. Religion is just a justification as an afterthought to what one's natural inclinations are anyway.

I dont see why Rob should be an exception to the rule Darla... and besides ..his posts are always in reference to Christians... so Rob gets a free pass with his prejudicial remarks...? He is allowed to ride free on the hate train? As long as that hate is pointed in what Darla thinks is the right direction?

Its a function of humor. Funny posts get a free ride.

i can't speak for Lady T, but i can't stand muslims either, lts like shave your *&%$# face... they let it grow and get all nappy... then i mean all the bowing and *&%$ ont he ground your going to hurt your back.

I dont see why Rob should be an exception to the rule Darla... and besides ..his posts are always in reference to Christians... so Rob gets a free pass with his prejudicial remarks...? He is allowed to ride free on the hate train? As long as that hate is pointed in what Darla thinks is the right direction? I don't think Rob hates anybody. I enjoy him. Did you want to have me beaten for it Klatuu? Maybe have me whipped? Some good old time religious punishment for the girl? Come on, you can say it, we all know.

What religion do I follow Darla? Please tell me...

Oh.. are you talking about the Bible Darla ... yeah there is much in the Bibles Old test that outlines a dark history ... but there is also the brighter side.. and then of course there is the New Testament .... and of course.. genuine Christians see the message of Peace, Love and Brotherhood.. but then.. if you want to dig in the past as USC would .. there is a darker side... but hopefully true Christians have evolved past that. You don't get out much do you? I don't know about "true Christians" but I know that many Christians have not evolved past that at all.Since true Christians do not have their children strap bombs around their waste and blow themselves up in shopping malls ... in this regard... I think they may have a case to make. Of course you would. But you can bet that if the only recourse they had was to strap a bomb to themselves, they'd do it. But Christians are in the enviable position of being able to excersize their murderous instincts by bombing whole civilizations. Let's face, these days, what does a Christian love more than a good civilian bombing? They support it, they cheer it, they tell you oh sure, it's a shame innocents have to die, but hey, if you want to make an omelet right? You dare to point your finger at someone who straps a bomb on and kills a handful of civilians (very wrong btw, and is murder), while turning your eye, and in fact paying for, and supporting, the mass bombings of civilians?? Get off your high horse Klatu, because you have no saddle to sit on here.
And of course ..if you realistically look around the world .. seek out the havoc ... there is some commonalities as to who and where the havoc revolves.
Yes, there is. As Rob points out, they're all holyrollers of one stripe or the other!

Well USC, I don't think you get it ok? This is a biblical story, and Lot is the man. It certainly was not his fault! His daughters got him drunk and then basically raped him. You know how women are known for that! I mean, today they use the date rape drug, and how many of them are in jail for slipping it into some poor, unsuspecting guy's drink, and then having their way with him? Sometimes it's a stranger in a bar, other times, they slip it into their brother's OJ in the morning, and next thing you know he's on his back! Sluts.

I really like your twisted sense of humor and logic :)

Strapping bombs to oneself isn't a uniquely muslim thing. This was done is south east asia as well. It isn't a tactic purely out of belief but out of desperation due to lack of ability to find better means. If our position was hopeless you would see many among us strapping bombs to ourselves too.

Its easy to be high and mighty when you live in a society where pretty much everyone has enough, technology is advanced and the military is unassailable.

From what I have seen human nature persists regardless of religion. Even in a vacuum of religion it persists. Religion is just a justification as an afterthought to what one's natural inclinations are anyway.

Very well said.

Its a function of humor. Funny posts get a free ride.

How can I be following the orders of someone I do not believe exists ?
In my thinking "Lucifer" is the animalistic nature that is born into all humans and we have to strive to overcome that animilistic nature and become more "civilized".
People can't seem to think of themselves in this way hence blame it on the devil :)

OOPS i forgot that Brents quote would not forward to this message, sorry,

ou speak of Rastafari,
but how can you justify belief
In a god that's left you behind?
You've simply filled the gap
between the upper and lower class
And your faith merely keeps you in line. In line yeah
An amalgamation of jewish scripture
and christian thought.
What will that get you? Not a fuck of a lot.
Take a look at your promised land.
Your deed is that gun in your hand.
Mt. Zion's a minefield. The West Bank. The Gaza Strip.
Soon to be parking lots f
or American tourists and fascist cops yeah.

Fuck zionism.

Fuck militarism.

Fuck americanism.

Fuck nationalism.

Fuck religion.

Fuck religion.

Fuck religion.

Fuck religion.

that should get you some Grind points for sure.

Look at the Japanese in WWII, they also fanatically were willing to die as living ordinance guidance...

Jihad just means struggle. Jihad doesn't need to be violent. One can declare jihad against over eating or smoking.

Obviously there must be something to struggle against. Terrorists jihad against perceived oppression both real and unreal.

This is a problem of yours .. .. you like to play politics and mess with meaning ....you left out an important part ...

Jihad, sometimes spelled Jahad, Jehad, Jihaad or Djehad, (Arabic: جهاد‎ ǧihād) is an Islamic term, from the Arabic root ǧhd ("to exert utmost effort, to strive, struggle"), which connotes a wide range of meanings: anything from an inward spiritual struggle to attain perfect faith to a political or military struggle to further the Islamic cause. Individuals involved in the political or military forms of jihad are often labeled with the neologism "jihadist".

Jihad as pertaining to war :

The commands inculcated in the Quran (in five suras from the period after Muhammad had established his power) on Muslims to put to the sword those who will neither embrace Islam nor pay a poll-tax (jizya) were not interpreted as a general injunction on all Muslims constantly to make war on the infidels (originally only polytheists, not Jews and Christians, who are called "People of the Book", since Jesus is seen as the the last of the precursors of the Prophet Muhammed; the word infidel had different historical uses, notably used by the Crusaders to refer to the Muslims they were fighting against). It was generally supposed that the order for a general war can only be given by the Caliph (an office that was claimed by the Ottoman sultans), but Muslims who did not acknowledge the spiritual authority of the Caliphate (which is vacant), such as non-Sunnis and non-Ottoman Muslim states, always looked to their own rulers for the proclamation of a jihad; there has been in fact no universal warfare by Muslims on unbelievers since the early caliphate. Jihad was generally proclaimed by whoever claimed to be a mahdi, e.g. the Sudanese Mahommed Ahmad in 1882.

Mahdi

Ahmadinejad is on record saying that he has the divine mission of ushering in the 12 Imam ...

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_10945.shtml

MAHDI IMAM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imam_Mahdi

Back