What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Apparently some balding British bloke is marrying that Kate plus 8 girl...

I woke up this morning, started getting ready for work when the phone rang. This usually means the wife has got a substitute job and I have to call in for some personal time so I can get the kids off to school as she gets ready to go out.

Sure enough, that's what happened.

So, I make coffee instead, call in for a couple personal hours and turn on the news to get the traffic reports.

That was a mistake. Instead of any news I heard thousands of screaming women cheering for some balding dude that I don't know that is marrying some girl named Kate. So I changed to the Business News channel... there was coverage on how "surprising" it was that some girl named Catherine was wearing a dress that some other girl was supposed to have worn. So I changed to a different local channel, there was some Brit lady sitting next to the local reporter talking about something royal and the wedding of some girl named Kate...

Now... I don't get this at all. Who cares about this balding bloke marrying the Kate plus 8 girl? I didn't know she was quite that good looking, I've never watched the show, a bit skinny but after 8 kids?! Wow. I didn't know that Kate plus 8 was even followed in Britlandia. Good for you Brits, I'm happy you're excited about people you don't know getting married, but what the heck does that have to do with interrupting my traffic reports?

Now I'm at work, still have no traffic report, and what is even worse... The local talk show was covering some wedding somewhere....

WTF???

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Back