What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Have you seen the movie? Grand Theft Parsons

Awesome account from his road manager's perspective. It's worth downloading for the soundtrack.

One of my favorite songs from the movie, is Rhinestone's in the Ashes a tribute to Gram written by Roger Alan Wade.

Have you seen the movie? Grand Theft Parsons

Awesome account from his road manager's perspective. It's worth downloading for the soundtrack.

One of my favorite songs from the movie, is Rhinestone's in the Ashes a tribute to Gram written by Roger Alan Wade.

I have seen it but did you know that Phil Kaufman, the guy who made the pact with Gram Parsons about cremation, appeared in the film as himself?

I have seen it but did you know that Phil Kaufman, the guy who made the pact with Gram Parsons about cremation, appeared in the film as himself?

Well... he appeared in the film, and he was 'himself', but Johnny Knoxville played the role of Phil Kaufman in the movie... Phil appears in the last scene, where the two main characters are entering the courthouse for the hearing, he is being carted off by the cops, pleading his innocence. He's a pretty funny guy.

Roger Alan Wade, who wrote 'Rhinestones in the Ashes' (from the movie) is Johnny Knoxville's cousin. I didn't know that until I was digging around trying to find the song online. A friend and I play our rendition of this song at every get-together.

There's a fire in the desert
Whiskey on the wind
I must say its been a pleasure ,adios my friend
All that's left is a promise and a pack of matches
A sequined ghost in Buck Owen's clothes
and Rhinestones in the Ashes.

Back