What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Acadian Driftwood- The Band

An interesting song, in that, it's actually a history lesson too. It tells the plight of the Acadian's from their homeland, which through treaties and persecution, they were forced to leave, and their travels to a new place, where they would eventually become what we know today as the "Cajuns" in Louisiana.

What's the word on the street today? What are the hoi-polloi jibbering and jabbering about while Middle-Eastern types explode each other?

Here in blighty we're transfixed by a jockey headbutting a horse.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/5241650.stm

A one day ban will bring the pint-sized hooligan down to size. I suppose jockeys don't have much of a chance to headbutt people, unless they carry around a pair of step-ladders, or just 'put the nut' on other jockeys, or indeed children.

Word has it the jockey in question, Paul O'Neill, is a bit of a Republican and only 'zidaned' the unfortunate horsey as he thought it was Princess Anne.

Daft Punk -'Face to Face'

Last edited:
pretty girls make graves - the number
pretty girls make graves - selling the wind
Thom Yorke - Skip Divided (Album is only so-so)

That is all.

This Friday I am taking time out to salute a much misunderstood chap. Sure, he’s a slave to the Ancient Spirits of Evil, is a veteran of more than a thousand years, possesses incredible magical powers, and is also the wielder of the awesome ‘Sword of Plundarr’, but does that make him a bad person?

You know who I’m referring to now don’t you?

No, it’s not Henry Kissenger…

Another clue? OK…His only weakness is a limited stamina, and he frequently needs to return to his Pyramid to regenerate.

That’s right…It’s Tom Cru…Hold on just one cotton’ pickin’ minute, you’re just acting the giddy goat again, aren’t you?

No enough is enough, you witless buffoons. This Friday the plaudits go to Mumm-Ra, nemesis of the Thundercats. Isn't it obvious now?

Mumma-Ra – ‘Song E’

Here are a few I've listened to this afternoon...

"Road To Nowhere" - Ozzy Osbourne
"Forever Young" - Alphaville
"I Want to Break Free" - Queen
"My Sharona" - The Knack
"Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd

Last edited:
Has everybody voted at the other spot then?

As a chap who takes his civic duties seriously i managed to haul myself down to the polling station and, after a brief period of confusion with this unfamiliar American electronic voting lark, managed to direct my vote in the direction of somebody. Christ knows who though.

By the way, does anyone know the best way to remove pencil marks from an LCD monitor?

Zutons - 'Confusion'

Just when we thought the fearsome spectre of Republican terrorism in Northern Ireland had confined itself to petty racketeering and drug dealing, it returns to cast a shadow over Ulster.

Yes, today the British state was rocked to its very core as noble, freedom-fighters, all resembling Brad Pitt, made a brave political gesture striking fear into every man, woman and child of the ruthlessly imperialist British state.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4775533.stm

Putting a sports shop, a cheap kitchen shop, and a retailer of fashionable garb out of commission was bad enough, but when Downing Street heard that, top carpet retailer, ‘CarpetRight’ had been burned to the ground, our will was broken.

The Sunshine Underground – ‘Put You In Your Place’

Back