What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

You know when you've spent precious time making elaborate plans for something? Time that could, nay should, really have been spent making some poor lonely soul feel loved, helping to save the planet by singing happy songs to a tree or roaming the streets in the manner of Paul Kerseys, out of Death Wish, giving the neighbourhood ruffians a jolly stern talking to and suchlike. You do? Then you will, no doubt, raise a knowing eyebrow in my direction as you read on.

After jemmying open a stubborn window in my, grossly obese, File-O-Fax i bolted the door, drew the curtains and allowed my fast fingers to do the talking...

http://www.bukaka.com/

I have to say the result was not a little disappointing. One feels compelled to remark on the terrible waste of perfectly good hand-cream, when there are children in Africa who would give their left arm for a right hand softened with aloe vera and jojoba oil.

'Love Comes in Spurts' - Richard Hell & the Voidoids

Do you remember just after the July bombings, in London, there was another failed attempt to bomb the tube due in no small part to their bombs fizzing a bit then melting instead of exploding. Our would-be terrorists then ran away and a massive manhunt was launched. The Metropolitan Police response was to shoot an innocent Brazilian man in the face half a dozen times at point blank range. That'll learn 'em.

Well, after failing to initiate any criminal proceedings against anybody, it was felt that the best way to achieve some sort of accountability was to prosecute the Metropolitan police under Health and Safety Regulations. It's obvious when you think about it isn't it? Anyway, they have been found guilty of a serious of procedural failures which had the effect of placing the general public in harm's way. "I firmly believe that the safety of the public must be of the highest priority when shooting one of them in the face", said an unnamed Met Police insider.

For this egregious breach of safety protocol the public have been fined £175,000 together with around £400,000 costs. One public body fining another public body then making up the shortfall in increased funding is an eminently sensible approach, i think you'll agree.

Meanwhile, the head of the Met Police, Sir Ian Blair, has bravely stepped forward to "take full responsibility" by announcing his intention to take no responsibility and stay in his job. Well, done Sir Ian. A lesser man may have baulked at being in charge of a police force who shot an innocent man in the face, allegedly told the press this was a suicide bomber despite knowing within hours that wasn't the case, failed to correct reports running in the press that this de Menezes chap had vaulted the ticket barriers, was wearing a bulky coat and acting in a very suspicious manner and, according to the deceased victim's solicitors, attempted to influence the jury by showing them doctored photographs to make Mr de Menezes similar in appearance to one of the suspects. Not you though, eh?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/menezes/story/0,,2203996,00.html

If i'm ever shot in the face by the police i hope the authorities act in a similar manner to brand me a terrorist and absolve anyone, anywhere of any responsibility whatsoever. Keep up the good work.

'Somebody Got Murdered' - The Clash

Do you remember just after the July bombings, in London, there was another failed attempt to bomb the tube due in no small part to their bombs fizzing a bit then melting instead of exploding. Our would-be terrorists then ran away and a massive manhunt was launched. The Metropolitan Police response was to shoot an innocent Brazilian man in the face half a dozen times at point blank range. That'll learn 'em.

Well, after failing to initiate any criminal proceedings against anybody, it was felt that the best way to achieve some sort of accountability was to prosecute the Metropolitan police under Health and Safety Regulations. It's obvious when you think about it isn't it? Anyway, they have been found guilty of a serious of procedural failures which had the effect of placing the general public in harm's way. "I firmly believe that the safety of the public must be of the highest priority when shooting one of them in the face", said an unnamed Met Police insider.

For this egregious breach of safety protocol the public have been fined £175,000 together with around £400,000 costs. One public body fining another public body then making up the shortfall in increased funding is an eminently sensible approach, i think you'll agree.

Meanwhile, the head of the Met Police, Sir Ian Blair, has bravely stepped forward to "take full responsibility" by announcing his intention to take no responsibility and stay in his job. Well, done Sir Ian. A lesser man may have baulked at being in charge of a police force who shot an innocent man in the face, allegedly told the press this was a suicide bomber despite knowing within hours that wasn't the case, failed to correct reports running in the press that this de Menezes chap had vaulted the ticket barriers, was wearing a bulky coat and acting in a very suspicious manner and, according to the deceased victim's solicitors, attempted to influence the jury by showing them doctored photographs to make Mr de Menezes similar in appearance to one of the suspects. Not you though, eh?

If i'm ever shot in the face by the police i hope the authorities act in a similar manner to brand me a terrorist and absolve anyone, anywhere of any responsibility whatsoever. Keep up the good work.

Wow. This sounds just like America Charver...no insult intended.

"I Fought the Law" - The Clash

This is war!

If you've got nothing to hide, you shouldn't be running away from police, and you shouldn't worry about the government reading your email.

"Everything" Alanis Morissette

I can be an asshole of the grandest kind
I can withhold like it's going out of style
I can be the moodiest baby and you've never met anyone
Who is as negative as I am sometimes

I am the wisest woman you've ever met.
I am the kindest soul with whom you've connected.
I have the bravest heart that you've ever seen
And you've never met anyone
Who's as positive as I am sometimes.

You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here

I blame everyone else, not my own partaking
My passive-aggressiveness can be devastating
I'm terrified and mistrusting
And you've never met anyone as,
As closed down as I am sometimes.

You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here

What I resist, persists, and speaks louder than I know
What I resist, you love, no matter how low or high I go

I'm the funniest woman that you've ever known
I'm the dullest woman that you've ever known
I'm the most gorgeous woman that you've ever known
And you've never met anyone
Who is as everything as I am sometimes

You see everything (you see everything), you see every part (you see every part )
You see all my light (you see all my light) and you love my dark (and you love my dark )
You dig everything (you dig everything) of which I'm ashamed (of which I'm ashamed)
There's not anything (there's not anything) to which you can't relate (to which you can't relate)
And you're still here

(You see everything, you see every part)
And you're still here
(You see all my light and you love my dark)
And you're still here
(You dig everything of which I'm ashamed)
(There's not anything to which you can't relate)
And you're still here...

"It's Been a While" Staind

It's been a while
Since I could hold my head up high
and it's been a while
Since I first saw you
It's been a while
since i could stand on my own two feet again
and it's been a while
since i could call you
But everything I can't remember as fucked up as it may seem
the consequences that I've rendered