What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-KtBmHV3S0"]YouTube - Three 6 Mafia ft. Akon & Jim Jones - That's Right [EXPLICIT][/nomedia]

Well, he only went and done it, by Jove.

I must admit i did enjoy myself last night. It really did make up for the disappointments of years past when bubbles were quickly burst in unceremonious fashion. I spent the night flicking between the BBC, Fox, and CNN. It isn't the first time i've sat in front of the telly box alone, in the early hours, watching a black fellow shaft somebody but it was probably the most enjoyable, and i used fewer tissues, which was nice. After getting increasingly worried by the meagre Fox projections i could happily switch to Auntie Beeb to reassure myself that, far from trailing the McCains, Obamas was comfortably ahead by a hundred odd electrical colleges.

Highlights of the evening included

• CNN employing R2D2s, out of Star Wars, to project holograms into the studio for a man called Wolf to interview. Cheg on Obi-Wan Kenobis.

• John Bolton, perhaps the most objectionable man alive, rowing with, not one but two BBC journalists for the heinous crime of knowing more about State voting histories than the Republicans they were interviewing.

• An increasingly glum faced Brit Hume descending into a pit of misery as it dawned on him that he could no longer hide the fact that Pennsylvania had indeed seen sense and was actually a great deal bluer than even he was.

• Something, annoyingly, getting in my eye when they cut to Jesse Jackson, during Obamas big speech, who appeared to have something in his eye as well. Bleddy dust gets everywhere.

• Oh, and that bloke winning.

I have to say, though, it will be a little odd to look at an American President and not think to oneself - "Jesus, even i'm smarter than him". Has it really been so long? Still, the sooner January comes round the sooner we can all start criticising the new one for not solving everyone's problems quickly enough. Good luck Barack Obamas, you'll need it.

'This is the One' - Stone Roses

Well, he only went and done it, by Jove.

I must admit i did enjoy myself last night. It really did make up for the disappointments of years past when bubbles were quickly burst in unceremonious fashion. I spent the night flicking between the BBC, Fox, and CNN. It isn't the first time i've sat in front of the telly box alone, in the early hours, watching a black fellow shaft somebody but it was probably the most enjoyable, and i used fewer tissues, which was nice. After getting increasingly worried by the meagre Fox projections i could happily switch to Auntie Beeb to reassure myself that, far from trailing the McCains, Obamas was comfortably ahead by a hundred odd electrical colleges.

Highlights of the evening included

• CNN employing R2D2s, out of Star Wars, to project holograms into the studio for a man called Wolf to interview. Cheg on Obi-Wan Kenobis.

• John Bolton, perhaps the most objectionable man alive, rowing with, not one but two BBC journalists for the heinous crime of knowing more about State voting histories than the Republicans they were interviewing.

• An increasingly glum faced Brit Hume descending into a pit of misery as it dawned on him that he could no longer hide the fact that Pennsylvania had indeed seen sense and was actually a great deal bluer than even he was.

• Something, annoyingly, getting in my eye when they cut to Jesse Jackson, during Obamas big speech, who appeared to have something in his eye as well. Bleddy dust gets everywhere.

• Oh, and that bloke winning.

I have to say, though, it will be a little odd to look at an American President and not think to oneself - "Jesus, even i'm smarter than him". Has it really been so long? Still, the sooner January comes round the sooner we can all start criticising the new one for not solving everyone's problems quickly enough. Good luck Barack Obamas, you'll need it.

'This is the One' - Stone Roses

It was a night I will never forget.

Great post

Only in America, eh?

The Morning Telegraph said:
California Governor: "We're Prepared For God's Wrath"

As millions of people across southern California took part in what organizers say is America's biggest ever earthquake drill, California's Governor, Arnold Scwarzenegger, declared the exercise a resounding success. "It's a resounding success", said the governor, whilst crouching under a table with several news journalists.

The exercise was intended to ready residents and emergency services for the possibility of a cataclysmic seismic episode which, scientists fear, may result from any judicial attempt at striking down the recent 'Prop 8' constitutional amendment - defining marriage as between an man and a woman.

At 1000 local time the signal was given and millions of participants followed instructions to "drop, cover, don't think dirty and hold on" - drop to the ground, take cover under a sturdy desk, clear your mind of any impure thoughts and hold on until the shaking stopped.

Fire crews, police and Federal agencies also took part combining with volunteers manning several first-aid centres to treat the "injured". A small number of people assembled in local church buildings to pray for salvation while others took to the streets, urging an "almighty and powerful God" to strike down passing homosexuals with "glorious purifying fire".

The imagined earthquake would, they say, cause 2,000 deaths, 50,000 injuries and $200bn in damage. "We are very pleased with the public response and the professional running of this operation and feel that California is more prepared, than at any time in our history, to face down an angry deity." said one L.A. Fire Chief.

Organizers expressed satisfaction with the smooth running of the exercise despite the "regrettable" admission to emergency rooms of some thirty-four men wearing some item of pink clothing, and two women undergoing chemotherapy, after alleged crucifix based assaults.
www.TheMorningTelegraph.co.uk/news/intl184624/66w

I thank my lucky stars that i live in a country that God has chosen to favour with a lack of earthquake and volcano based shenanigans. It's just day, after day, after tedious day of constant drizzle and impending anaemia for me.

'Fake Tales of San Francisco' - Arctic Monkeys

I'm listening to:
SomeartistyouhaveneverheardofbutsoundsimpressivethatIknowitandyoudonot - Somesongthatilookedupthattheydid

They suck but I am not going to tell you that.

I'm listening to:
SomeartistyouhaveneverheardofbutsoundsimpressivethatIknowitandyoudonot - Somesongthatilookedupthattheydid

They suck but I am not going to tell you that.

You're getting old, Dano.

Every hip kid in town knows that SomeartistyouhaveneverheardofbutsoundsimpressivethatIknowitandyoudonot are the hottest new band to come out of Norway's burgeoning underground punk scene since Frogspawn Sex Dream.

Back