APP - 'What We Owe to Each Other'

Another glaring example of your lack of reading comprehension abilities. It's baffling why you insist on frequently showcasing it.

You screwed up, are attempting to save face, will attempt to change your behavior, and will return to doing exactly the same spins you've always done.

You're more confused than I thought and I can assure you I will not be changing. I prefer to deal in logic.

When you finally make that decision, to deal logically, please let everyone know.
I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated and a short lived situation.

When you finally make that decision, to deal logically, please let everyone know.
I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated and a short lived situation.

As soon as you comprehend what is meant by "equal time" let me know and, perhaps, we can continue the discussion. :)

As soon as you comprehend what is meant by "equal time" let me know and, perhaps, we can continue the discussion. :)

Why would I want to have a discussion with someone who uses a phrase, doesn't know what it means, and then backpedals, in an attempt to save face.
I said you would go back to your old ways and I was right.

:good4u:

actually, the usually operative axiom of just plain getting stuff done is "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Your phrase "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" presumes the existence of a totalitarian arbiter, thats why totalitrians like it.

I see no substantive debate from the right, the brain picture is a bunch of meaningless assumptions. If a post has answered the question 'what we owe each other' or why we owe each other nothing or little, please direct me to the post.

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

You never did, and always fail to, make a point to begin with, Middie. One need not bother to refute what has never been successfully argued to begin with.

You never did, and always fail to, make a point to begin with, Middie. One need not bother to refute what has never been successfully argued to begin with.

Not an answer - and I see you are still having identity problems. Someday you may grow up and realize you are just you and you is shown through your actions and life, and not by putting on masks.

Ask an actual question, then, Midcan.

Note, distracting from all of this to make a stupid non-criticism of my current screen-name is not asking a question, either. But, if it makes you happy, I am, and always will be, your friendly, neighbourhood, Threedee.

Back