What's The Point in the 'god' now?

Right, we had proteins and small compounds. For there the be a universe, however, they have to have existed. It didn't simply construct itself from nothing.

No one is claiming it did, besides theists, who complicate things by saying a god magically exists for no reason and decided to make it.

it is true that mankind discovered organic chemistry long ago, and has been able to create organic compounds.....it is also true that they have mapped DNA, altered it and implanted it into a living organism......

what they have not done, and never will, is create life...

They are obviously going to create life one day. And when they do you're just going to backpedal from that. Fucking idiot theist. You should all just be shot and thrown in a landfill, you made idiots.

i try to know god...i do not know this " 'god' " expressed in the op....but if it pisses waterymark off.....then i'm a believer

AOI, just ignore legion (southern woman et al).

As for god, that presumes the belief in an Judeo-Christian god. God could easily be a much more advanced life form than us. Like the great lord C'Thulhu.

And if it were, we would want to study that lifeform. What we should never do is just give up, make up a solution, and then ignore all contradictory evidence, like theists do.

And if it were, we would want to study that lifeform. What we should never do is just give up, make up a solution, and then ignore all contradictory evidence, like theists do.
I never said otherwise. I'm merely presenting the idea that this, or anything else to date, does not disprove god.

and, even if you could, you would only succeed in showing that all of creation HAD to be intelligently designed.....

Ignorant child. Creating something artificially does not mean a natural process is impossible. Once we create life artificially we will be able to develop theories as to how this came about naturally (although there may be multiple routes to creating life).

i understand your point....however....they don't believe in satan or god

thus, they are not trying to be "like" him...

it is not up to us to change their hearts or minds, only the holy spirit can do that....

IMO...too often men have tried to crack the skull of those who do not wish to believe....jesus let the rich young ruler walk away. if someone doesn't want to believe....nothing you say or do will ever change that. jesus didn't change the rich young ruler...how is you think you will change any of the posters here who choose not to believe?

if they don't want to believe, that is their choice

I do not believe, I know.

I never said otherwise. I'm merely presenting the idea that this, or anything else to date, does not disprove god.

Nothing disproves fairies either. If the only argument you have for the existence of something is that I can't disprove it, then you really have no reason to believe in it at all. There are an infinite amount of things that you can't disprove.

Nothing disproves fairies either. If the only argument you have for the existence of something is that I can't disprove it, then you really have no reason to believe in it at all. There are an infinite amount of things that you can't disprove.
No, nothing disproves fairies. I'm not making an argument for god in the traditional sense. I'm too drunk to finish my train of thought.

Go fairies!

yawn....the can't prove a negative argument

good lord, aren't you in college?

its called FAITH....do you know what that word means? you will find much of science is based on the same.....except, you will believe peer studies, you will believe man...

in the end, you believe something....i'm talking about the end of life, the beginning of life, the meaning of life....

ah....i forgot, you're like 15 or something right....

thus, they are not trying to be "like" him...

I know...they deliberately downplayed that thought....from the OP....
Dr Wallace accused Dr Venter of playing down the potential drawbacks.

"He isn't God," she said, "he's actually being very human; trying to get money invested in his technology and avoid regulation that would restrict its use."

you're right....certainly no one was thinking they were like God.....never crossed anyone's mind....furthest thing from the imagination....

They are obviously going to create life one day. And when they do you're just going to backpedal from that. Fucking idiot theist. You should all just be shot and thrown in a landfill, you made idiots.

you're a man of strong faith.....I don't share your belief in the 'obviousness' of your claim.....you know, you sound just like Watermark......he's a fucking idiot, too.....

I know...they deliberately downplayed that thought....from the OP....

you're right....certainly no one was thinking they were like God.....never crossed anyone's mind....furthest thing from the imagination....

if you don't believe in god...how is it yoiu can think you are like god?

lucifer believed in god, saw god....see the difference?

isn't there a verse in the bible about blessings to those who believe without having seen?

Back