What's The Point in the 'god' now?

if you don't believe in god...how is it yoiu can think you are like god?

lucifer believed in god, saw god....see the difference?

isn't there a verse in the bible about blessings to those who believe without having seen?

????....I'm not sure, but I think you are trying to make the same point I am........Satan believed there was a God and wanted to be his equal.....but these folks deny there is a God, and they still brag about being his equal.....who's equal are they trying to be, if there is no God?.....

its called FAITH....do you know what that word means? you will find much of science is based on the same.....except, you will believe peer studies, you will believe man...

Faith comes with evidence, not the other way around. Faith without evidence is foolishness.

????....I'm not sure, but I think you are trying to make the same point I am........Satan believed there was a God and wanted to be his equal.....but these folks deny there is a God, and they still brag about being his equal.....who's equal are they trying to be, if there is no God?.....

I'm pretty sure that in the bible, at least the old testament, Satan never says he wants to be equal to god. Lucifer was incorrectly identified with Satan, so that small verse cannot be used to promote this view. Satan's promotion from a servant of god in Judaism to the opposition to god in Christianity seems to be little other than a paganization of this Jewish mystery religion.

close....here....they do not believe there was or is a god and their wanting to be his equal is not the same or equal if you will....to someone who actually believes there is a god and wants to be his equal

they brag because they don't believe....they don't brag because they believe that they are greater than god...they brag because they believe god is a cartoon or whatever

see the difference?

I'm pretty sure that in the bible, at least the old testament, Satan never says he wants to be equal to god. Lucifer was incorrectly identified with Satan, so that small verse cannot be used to promote this view. Satan's promotion from a servant of god in Judaism to the opposition to god in Christianity seems to be little other than a paganization of this Jewish mystery religion.

:palm:

that is your faith

deal with it

No, it's not the same. Making up shit and ignoring contradictory evidence will never match the scientific method. It's like saying that 2 + 2 only equals 4 because I have faith that it does. It is self evident and obvious to anyone who's not so stupid they're required by law to eat with a plastic spoon.

Science, unlike religion, delivers the goods. All of those people in the middle ages praying their entire lives for their children not to die of the plague or starve and their wives not to die in childbirth, and god did nothing. Who saved them? Some atheists who finally got fed up, said fuck this, and found the answers in nature. The sinners saved countless billions of lives in an increasingly godless age while this god did nothing in an age where everyone worshiped him. Religion is worthless.

Science, unlike religion, delivers the goods. All of those people in the middle ages praying their entire lives for their children not to die of the plague or starve and their wives not to die in childbirth, and god did nothing. Who saved them? Some atheists who finally got fed up, said fuck this, and found the answers in nature. The sinners saved countless billions of lives in an increasingly godless age while this god did nothing in an age where everyone worshiped him. Religion is worthless.

This is like wishing oil dependency would go away and that we would magically end up on Mr. Fusion tomorrow. People praying to God isn't going to change the fact that the science isn't there, whether its a cure for Plague in 1350, a cure for smallpox in 1800, a cure for polio in 1900, or a cure AIDS in 2010. Praying is something you do regardless of the circumstances.

This is like wishing oil dependency would go away and that we would magically end up on Mr. Fusion tomorrow. People praying to God isn't going to change the fact that the science isn't there, whether its a cure for Plague in 1350, a cure for smallpox in 1800, a cure for polio in 1900, or a cure AIDS in 2010. Praying is something you do regardless of the circumstances.

If God's already made up his mind as to what he's going to do, what's the point of praying? Surely god isn't such an asshole that he requires constant praise all of the time. Obama doesn't request that you constantly send him letters telling him of how great he is for the government to provide you with healthcare when you're in need. You get the same life-saving treatments whether you're a Republican who thinks that the poor should die (until you lost your job due to conservatism) or a good liberal who wants the best for humanity. So, apparently, according to Christians, god is more petty than most men.

If God's already made up his mind as to what he's going to do, what's the point of praying? Surely god isn't such an asshole that he requires constant praise all of the time. Obama doesn't request that you constantly send him letters telling him of how great he is for the government to provide you with healthcare when you're in need. So, apparently, according to Christians, god is more petty than most men.

Are women petty for wanting to hear the words, even if they can pretty much tell what your feelings are based upon how you treat them in the relationship?

Are women petty for wanting to hear the words, even if they can pretty much tell what your feelings are based upon how you treat them in the relationship?

God is a ruler, not a lover. He controls whether or not your children die. If a woman let your children die because you didn't say some words, hell yes, lock her up for life.

Back