Which is it?

It seems to come down to a matter of language and perception.

Hinduism has a pantheon of dieties. But all of them are just manifestations and representations of the one universal spirit, Brahman.

So Hinduism is conventionally polytheistic, but in another very real sense it is monotheistic.

I just don't think the English language has the words to clearly penetrate these distinctions and juxtapositions
it does.

everyone just has an agenda.

"condescension"? Ironic coming from the poster that does little more than spew bile.

But hypocrisy doesn't seem to be in your dictionary.
I've made several substantive and unrefuted comments on several issuses.

from jesus's teachings on jewish law, the value of text primacy, and the value of religion itself.

please link me to the "bile" you speak of , retard-face.

As I continue my readings, I came across a word I was not familiar with. Henotheism. Many gods, but recognize a top god to worship.

That’s Christianity. Or it could even be considered polytheistic.

It certainly is a far cry from monotheistic.
You complain a lot about Christians, but I'm curious: Why do you think so many people believe in religion or a spiritual nature as opposed to your staunch atheism?

640px-Adherents_of_worlds_major_religions_%282015%29.jpg

You complain a lot about Christians, but I'm curious: Why do you think so many people believe in religion or a spiritual nature as opposed to your staunch atheism?

640px-Adherents_of_worlds_major_religions_%282015%29.jpg

This graph helps me understand in part why I am now an atheist. Just look at all those different (often mutually exclusive) religions. Every single one of which knows the ONLY perfected truth.

I do not understand why you keep saying Christianity is not monotheism.
I believe he's alluding to the Trinity. Jesus as Lord. That Jesus is God...which makes a lot of Bible passages very confusing if not schizo.

Example: https://biblehub.com/matthew/26-39.htm
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

This graph helps me understand in part why I am now an atheist. Just look at all those different (often mutually exclusive) religions. Every single one of which knows the ONLY perfected truth.
Rational, intelligent and educated people understand why there are multiple cultures and look for the similarities, not the differences. Same goes for religion, Perry.

Rational, intelligent and educated people understand why there are multiple cultures and look for the similarities, not the differences. Same goes for religion, Perry.

So you think that salvation is the same for Muslims as Christians? Do you think the Jews believe Jesus was of one essence with God? How about those "folk religions"...

I don't think you understand the trinity. It is three aspects of one god. It comes directly from Aristotle.
So one person can be a father, a son, a brother.
Aristotle died over 300 years before Jesus. I fail to see the connection.

Isn't being the father, son and brother only something that happens in Kentucky or Alabama? :)

it does.

everyone just has an agenda.
It's only an agenda when someone has an ulterior motive to denigrate or diminish a religious tradition, or an irreligious ideology.

The question itself is legitimate: what kind of language do we have that truthfully represents what kind of a religion Christianity is, and to explain why it's important to have these kind of definitions

Back