Which is it?

Duh. Would you prefer Islam? Hinduism? This forum has many people thumping their chests about their one true god, the Orange Jesus. Why do you prefer attacking Christianity just because few people, mostly Trumpers, are idiots?

Did you have a bad experience in your youth being forced to wear a coat and tie than sitting for a few hours in a pew and Sunday school? Did your parents threaten to cut off your allowance if you didn't go to church in your teens?
Nope, never forced to do that. But, the Bible was read to us in public school every morning in the early 60s. I still have a little red Bible dated 1964 that they handed out in grade school.

Knowing what I know now, I look back at the bullshit they fed us, knowing they were myths all along. The Baby Jesus story. Virgin Birth. Resurrections.

Fast forward to today. Anti-gay and same sex marriage. Lately, drag queens and transgenders are their latest targets. The Christian and Jewish lobbies dictate our foreign policy. National Day of Prayer? Nothing but kissing the asses of a significant voting block. What the fuck are people praying for? World peace? Yeah, that’s worked so fucking well

I always thought that the Trinity made it polytheistic, but telling your pastor that is unwise. lol
I've had an intervention from my church elders and parents around age 14-15. It was a nice and polite discussion, but I was firm in my beliefs that there was no such thing as God and the Bible conflicted with science. A year or so later when I was 16 and a Junior in HS, I had an NDE. That caused me to start exploring other avenues of mankind's spiritual nature.

Muslims tend to say Christianity is polytheistic. Which is a valid point

It's just a word, I don't know why it really matters that much. Muslims can call it polytheism, and Christians can call it monotheism. I am not invested either way
An excellent POV. Notice that even the Muslims conflict with each other as Sunnis and Shi'as or as fundie terrorists and peaceful, pious people. Same goes for Christians. Remember "the Troubles" in Ireland? The Spanish Inquisition? The Catholics versus the Church of England?

I've had an intervention from my church elders and parents around age 14-15. It was a nice and polite discussion, but I was firm in my beliefs that there was no such thing as God and the Bible conflicted with science. A year or so later when I was 16 and a Junior in HS, I had an NDE. That caused me to start exploring other avenues of mankind's spiritual nature.
but why did it make you shittier as a human?

So the goal of the thread was just to piss off christians?

Since the concept of polytheism versus monotheism was the subject of the original post, I think it's worth understanding what those words actually mean in the world religions context. Hinduism, Chinese folk religions, animimist traditions could conventionally be considered polytheistic. But as I pointed out with Hinduism, even the concept of polytheism is fraught with vagueness, at least with the words we are provided with in English.
When Hindus in this country try to control public and foreign policy, ostracize and demonize significant segments of our own society, our own citizens, we can probably have a discussion about their polytheism. But, they aren’t really on the radar screen in this country, are they?

What I began on this topic, and others, is the line of bullshit we’ve been fed our entire lives. That Christianity, as it sprung from Judaism, was a bastion of one true, omni-everything god, that guarantees eternal life to believers and eternal damnation to all others. Yahweh, the god of the Bible, was nothing more than a minor storm god. Only through the luck of those in power who dictated what god was true, did Yahweh survive to morph into this current version. And, unlike Yahweh, that statement is the truth.

Now, tell that truth to a Christian today and you see the major pant shitting that we see on these threads.

An excellent POV. Notice that even the Muslims conflict with each other as Sunnis and Shi'as or as fundie terrorists and peaceful, pious people. Same goes for Christians. Remember "the Troubles" in Ireland? The Spanish Inquisition? The Catholics versus the Church of England?
its all dumb and gay.

masons and their bloody oaths have it all figured out.

When Hindus in this country try to control public and foreign policy, ostracize and demonize significant segments of our own society, our own citizens, we can probably have a discussion about their polytheism. But, they aren’t really on the radar screen in this country, are they?

What I began on this topic, and others, is the line of bullshit we’ve been fed our entire lives. That Christianity, as it sprung from Judaism, was a bastion of one true, omni-everything god, that guarantees eternal life to believers and eternal damnation to all others. Yahweh, the god of the Bible, was nothing more than a minor storm god. Only through the luck of those in power who dictated what god was true, did Yahweh survive to morph into this current version. And, unlike Yahweh, that statement is the truth.

Now, tell that truth to a Christian today and you see the major pant shitting that we see on these threads.
so you're a Jew then?

Prove it and I'll believe you. :) Otherwise, I'm ambivalent. Que sera, sera. C'est la vie. I don't care. The only time I go to church is for weddings and funerals. While I believe in an all-powerful force behind the Universe, I strongly doubt it grants wishes of bicycles for those who pray hard enough. I lean toward a "Watchmaker God", one who created the Universe like a watchmaker makes a watch, winds it up and lets it run out without further interference. What others believe is on them. While I've had everything from Hari Krishnas to Mormons to Scientologists try to convince me otherwise, I've always found a simple "No thanks" to be sufficient. YMMV

Your hatred of Christians piques my interest since studying haters is a hobby of mine. This is why I'm interested in your background on the subject. Nothing doxxable, just your feelings and some non-identifiable history.
That’s fine on the watchmaker concept. I might even buy it with one caveat. The watchmaker made the watch, wound it up, put it on the table and walked off.

I have no hate for Christians or any other religion. I just point out the hypocrisy of the Christian theology and how the apologetics get their tits in a wringer when the origins of their religion gets mentioned. Or especially when their “inerrant” Bible gets exposed for its myths and discrepancies.

Okay, I post threads to piss off fundamentalists too.

are christians uniquely bad in all the world?

That’s fine on the watchmaker concept. I might even buy it with one caveat. The watchmaker made the watch, wound it up, put it on the table and walked off.

I have no hate for Christians or any other religion. I just point out the hypocrisy of the Christian theology and how the apologetics get their tits in a wringer when the origins of their religion gets mentioned. Or especially when their “inerrant” Bible gets exposed for its myths and discrepancies.
all religions have different teachings than other religions.

that's what makes them different religions.

my my, youre very dumb.

I did. You seem to believe only you have the one true answer. :)

What makes you any different than a pencil-necked Bible Thumper?
Well, let’s see. Unlike a Bible thumper, I’m actually willing to do a little homework on the subject. Now, when any Bible thumper can actually provide any credible evidence of a heaven and hell, of life after death, of virgin births or of a benevolent god watching over his creation, I’ll listen.

So far, NADA.

Its remarkable.

From the 21st century perspective, the 30 years war was fought over seemingly minor differences over the sacraments and the nature of salvation.

But, from the 17th century perspective, they truly thought that the fate of the immortal souls of Europeans were at stake.

Its remarkable.

From the 21st century perspective, the 30 years war was fought over seemingly minor differences over the sacraments and the nature of salvation.

But, from the 17th century perspective, they truly thought that the fate of the immortal souls of Europeans were at stake.
but of course none of that was actually about religion. it was about competing power centers.

you people are dumb as fuk.

Nope, never forced to do that. But, the Bible was read to us in public school every morning in the early 60s. I still have a little red Bible dated 1964 that they handed out in grade school.

Knowing what I know now, I look back at the bullshit they fed us, knowing they were myths all along. The Baby Jesus story. Virgin Birth. Resurrections.

Fast forward to today. Anti-gay and same sex marriage. Lately, drag queens and transgenders are their latest targets. The Christian and Jewish lobbies dictate our foreign policy. National Day of Prayer? Nothing but kissing the asses of a significant voting block. What the fuck are people praying for? World peace? Yeah, that’s worked so fucking well
Soooo.....60 years later you're still pissed about it? WTF? I spent a lot of time in DOD schools; desegregated and dereligioned. <---if that's a word.
Upon return from a 3 year life in Germany, I was enrolled with my cousin in a small public school for the last 6 weeks of the First Grade. The school was so small that the classrooms formed a border around a small gym on three sides and had a stage on the fourth side. After morning assembly in the classroom we all gathered in the gym to recite the Pledge of Allegiance...which I knew. Then they recited the Lord's Prayer which I didn't. I faked moving my lips and, in adult terms, was wondering what the fuck? FWIW, I only partially learned the Lord's Prayer just to get by.

Again, your anger. Again, I'm ambivalent. It was after all, 60 fucking years ago. Get a grip, Domer. Lots of shit has changed since those days. I was more concerned about getting nuked.

Again, you act like this is a Catholic country with a national religion instead of seeing things clearly for what they are. Yes, there are people as you describe, but as proved since Trump' SCOTUS ended Roe V. Wade, most American disagree with both the anti-abortion Alt-Righties and your view of America. FWIW, the difference between you and them is narrowing since both of you seek to impose your beliefs upon others.

Why should a force that is outside of time and space "walk away" from its creation?

Disagreed as your many posts on the subject indicate. Yes, hypocrites exist. Why do you give a fuck, Domer?

Back