Which is it?

Babies and small children were abandoned to the wolves if Nomadic tribes percieved they would be an undue burden to tribal resources.

Living in the comfortable 21st century, it's easy for us to assume the golden rule has always applied to human societies.

The Hebrew bible was almost unique in the bronze age in that has a deep and abiding concern with social justice. At least compared to contemporaneous literature.

The code of Hammurabi is basically a criminal and civil code. Not a code of ethical truth.

I've read Plato and Aristotle, and there is very little direct concern for the poor, the oppressed, the downtrodden, concepts of charity. Plato wanted to practice eugenics.

There is very little in the Daodejing and Analects of Confucius that directly deals with social justice and economic inequality.

I don't think the ethical framework we take for granted just spontaneously arises due to known laws of evolution and biology.
Romans would place defective infants on a hillside to die of exposure. You and I both know that limited resources require strong measures for group survival. It's Lifeboat Ethics. When resources are more plentiful, more enlightened measures can be utilized. Consider some of the things that happened in New Orleans after Katrina and the use of triage in mass casualty events or combat.

Ethics and survival measures are two different things. Again, Lifeboat Ethics. Author Garett Hardin compared it to a lifeboat and "the tragedy of the commons" and expanded it to "Spaceship Earth". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeboat_ethics

Although it's not my favorite episode, the TOS Star Trek episode "The Conscience of the King" was very thought-provoking for my 10-year-old mind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conscience_of_the_King I'd asked myself, "What would I have done?"

It doesn't happen. PIMP is lying, just like all forced-birthers do.

In rare cases a stillborn pre-term fetus may be delivered before the due date. If the fetus is healthy but labor would endanger the mom's life, a physician may opt to deliver it early -- but this does NOT result in the death of the fetus.
MAGAts often lie and a half-truth is a whole lie.

Or an overdose of Bud Light and pork rinds. lol
We can always hope....or kneel down and pray.

8rib3m.jpg

It doesn't happen. PIMP is lying, just like all forced-birthers do.

In rare cases a stillborn pre-term fetus may be delivered before the due date. If the fetus is healthy but labor would endanger the mom's life, a physician may opt to deliver it early -- but this does NOT result in the death of the fetus.

I am shocked a MAGA cultist would lie and misrepresent a medical law!

Romans would place defective infants on a hillside to die of exposure. You and I both know that limited resources require strong measures for group survival. It's Lifeboat Ethics. When resources are more plentiful, more enlightened measures can be utilized. Consider some of the things that happened in New Orleans after Katrina and the use of triage in mass casualty events or combat.

Ethics and survival measures are two different things. Again, Lifeboat Ethics. Author Garett Hardin compared it to a lifeboat and "the tragedy of the commons" and expanded it to "Spaceship Earth". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeboat_ethics

Although it's not my favorite episode, the TOS Star Trek episode "The Conscience of the King" was very thought-provoking for my 10-year-old mind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conscience_of_the_King I'd asked myself, "What would I have done?"

I hadn't heard about the Romans, but the Spartans would supposedly expose babies who were physically unacceptable.

I don't think ritual sacrifice with the Aztecs had anything to do with lifeboat survival. They and the Maya had been doing ritual human sacrifice for centuries. They didn't just do it when they were on the cusp of doom. It was a religious practice they thought made sense and was logically necessary.

A lot of ethics don't come naturally to us, without a lifetime of practice and discipline (humility, temperance, meekness, self-control, benevolence, etc.). That's why Aristotle, Confucious, Jesus, Bhudda had students and disciples - their acolytes wanted to learn how to cultivate these values.

If they don't come naturally to us, and are cultivated only through serious commitment and practice, I don't think they are pointing to a natural law of biology or sociology. I'm not sure we have even discovered a science yet that explains the evolution of human values and ethics

Last edited:
I hadn't heard about the Romans, but the Spartans would supposedly expose babies who were physically unacceptable.

I don't think ritual sacrifice with the Aztecs had anything to do with lifeboat survival. They and the Maya had been doing ritual human sacrifice for centuries. They didn't just do it when they were on the cusp of doom. It was a religious practice they thought made sense and was logically necessary.

A lot of ethics don't come naturally to us, without a lifetime of practice and discipline (humility, temperance, meekness, self-control, benevolence, etc.). That's why Aristotle, Confucious, Jesus, Bhudda had students and disciples - their acolytes wanted to learn how to cultivate these values.

If they don't come naturally to us, and are cultivated only through serious commitment and practice, I don't think they are pointing to a natural law of biology or sociology. I'm not sure we have even discovered a science yet that explains the evolution of human values and ethics
How did the Aztecs and Mayans select their victims?

That's not what I asked.

I asked for examples of real cases of it happening.

Assuming you are not misrepresenting the intent of the law, I can't see any sane doctor performing an abortion on a healthy baby a day before it is due to be born, unless the mother's life is in danger.
we don't need doctors to perform abortions in Michigan any more......under our new constitution the state isn't even allowed to make sure abortion mills are hosed down between butcherings.........

Babies and small children were abandoned to the wolves if Nomadic tribes percieved they would be an undue burden to tribal resources.

Living in the comfortable 21st century, it's easy for us to assume the golden rule has always applied to human societies.

The Hebrew bible was almost unique in the bronze age in that has a deep and abiding concern with social justice. At least compared to contemporaneous literature.

The code of Hammurabi is basically a criminal and civil code. Not a code of ethical truth.

I've read Plato and Aristotle, and there is very little direct concern for the poor, the oppressed, the downtrodden, concepts of charity. Plato wanted to practice eugenics.

There is very little in the Daodejing and Analects of Confucius that directly deals with social justice and economic inequality.

I don't think the ethical framework we take for granted just spontaneously arises due to known laws of evolution and biology.
barbarians never change.......

Is it possible for someone to, say, be against abortion but still allow that a woman should have the right to do with her body what she wants to?

Or are women just brood sows for the Commanders?
1) it is not the woman's body, it is the child's body.......
2) it is not possible to be in favor of abortion without ignoring the fact a child dies.....
3) "brooding" is a choice......killing your child is a separate choice,,,,,

Sure they do. Modern societies by and large don't do that anymore. Just like no one in their right mind would think God would command a genocide via his prophet these days.
people who killed their children ignore biology......for example a poster on this thread recently pretended that the child's body was actually the mother's body.........isn't it amazing how lib'ruls are willing to totally ignore DNA even though we've known about it for decades?........that's how we know lib'ruls are barbarians.......

people who killed their children ignore biology......for example a poster on this thread recently pretended that the child's body was actually the mother's body.........isn't it amazing how lib'ruls are willing to totally ignore DNA even though we've known about it for decades?........that's how we know lib'ruls are barbarians.......

Well, with your new version of biology where 4 month old fetuses only "OPTIONALLY" require a womb, I'm sure it will all get better now.

Oh then a 4month old fetus will easily be able to survive on its own without any help outside of her body. That's a relief. When did biology change?

What an amazing development!
sure.....just like a one month old birthed child.......keep on the porch with a gallon of milk next to them......see how long they last......

Well, with your new version of biology where 4 month old fetuses only "OPTIONALLY" require a womb, I'm sure it will all get better now.
"my new version of biology" is modern science.......your's is genocide........65 million dead in the US since 1972.....be proud, be lib'rul, be a blood thirsty abortion supporter......

Back