Which kind of whiskey should I buy

Let's be honest, all hard liquor burns pretty hard. Anybody who drinks for "taste" is just having a taste-drug association. Everclear is actually tasteless, and it's a lot more honest about its intentions.
No, hard liquor is a developed taste, same with beer. I can tell the difference between top shelf and rot-gut in everything, because I have acquired a taste for them.

All said, I will never attempt Everclear or Absinthe.

Everclear and absinthe actually aren't dangerous. Absinthe isn't actually hallucinogenic, and with everclear you've just gotta understand that you should drink a little less than half as much. A lot of people got into trouble trying to drink everclear like liquor, which is like drinking liquor like beer.

No, hard liquor is a developed taste, same with beer. I can tell the difference between top shelf and rot-gut in everything, because I have acquired a taste for them.

Ever notice that all "developed tastes" involve a product that has some kind of drug in it? Again, it's pretty much taste drug association. No one would drink an alcoholic beverage that tasted and felt like an alcoholic beverage and had no drugs in it.

Ever notice that all "developed tastes" involve a product that has some kind of drug in it? Again, it's pretty much taste drug association. No one would drink an alcoholic beverage that tasted and felt like an alcoholic beverage and had no drugs in it.
Not all developed tastes are like that. It only seems that way because of the nature that there are drugs involved. If you were given booze from birth, more than likely you would have developed a taste for them by your early teen years at the latest. Since you have to wait until adulthood usually, there is a perception that you always loved certain foods, but not booze, because booze is very unlike most food you've had in the past.

I wonder who was the first person to leave some juice out, saw it get infected by yeast and bubble and fizz for a few weeks, and when it stopped, said "Hmmm, I'm going to drink some of that now".

I wonder who was the first person to leave some juice out, saw it get infected by yeast and bubble and fizz for a few weeks, and when it stopped, said "Hmmm, I'm going to drink some of that now".
According to most sources it occurred in Sumeria. More than likely a barely field was flooded and a hunting party stopped to drink. More then likely they didn't come back with shit, but soon this was passed on and other hunting groups would stop by the "funky water hole". Soon they started growing the crop to be able to take the brew with them. This is how society started. At least that's the theory anyways.

Essentially, beer exists because of human stupidity. Yay human stupidity!

suicide.png

Back