White privilege

Yep. Well the movie is about the white Italian privilege. ;)

And if you're not familiar with the derogatory term, "WOP" was used to used to mock Italians here in the US who had just recently migrated from Italy. "WOP" means "With Out Paper(s)", or immigration forms or green cards. "Dago" is another derogatory term, but I'm not sure of its origin.

Last edited:
And if you're not familiar with the derogatory term, "WOP" was used to used to mock Italians here in the US who had just recently migrated from Italy. "Wop" means "With Out Paper(s)", or immigration forms or green cards. "Dego" is another derogatory term, but I'm not sure of its origin.

Yes I know. I first learned of the term while watching the movie, "Toy Soldiers".

Back in the early 1990's I believe, the New York Times printed an article which stated that "white" people (Caucasians) were the minority population in the world. Included in the article was the census projection that by 2040 said white people would become a minority in America. Since then, a lot of folk just ain't been right....as demonstrated by the OP and the right wing/alt right peanut gallery on this thread.

Jimmy Kimmel said it best, "White privilege doesn't mean your life hasn't been hard. It just means the color of your skin isn't one of the things that makes it harder.' Wherever you stand, I don't see how you can argue with that."

Here's a more in depth explanation from that famous (as the alt-right & extreme right wing folk call him) "race hustler" Tim Wise: https://www.mediaed.org/transcripts/Tim-Wise-On-White-Privilege-Transcript.pdf

The new movie "Green Book" is an example of Italian and Black privilege. Awesome movie based on true story.

Jimmy Kimmel said it best, "White privilege doesn't mean your life hasn't been hard. It just means the color of your skin isn't one of the things that makes it harder.' Wherever you stand, I don't see how you can argue with that."

He's wrong. In America, "special interest" racial groups are privileged in that they're able to fight for their interests. They have affirmative actions, freedom of association, positive representation in media, and handouts from the establishment. White people don't have any advantages in the modern West.

He's wrong. In America, "special interest" racial groups are privileged in that they're able to fight for their interests. They have affirmative actions, freedom of association, positive representation in media, and handouts from the establishment. White people don't have any advantages in the modern West.

Correct, Stoney, correct.

Back