Why do liberals hate religion so much?

Carry what? Again. Why did you quote my post? I don't see any sense in that.

Once upon a time two young men came to a river on their long journey. A frail old man waited there and asked to be carried over the river.
'Certainly not,' said the first young man, 'I am in a hurry and anyway, why should I? you have no money to give me nor nothing I need.'
The second man put the old man on his back and carried him across the river and put him down on the opposite bank.
'You are crazy,' said the first, 'you might have slipped, fallen and drowned.'
They walked on.
The first young man said, 'He was a smelly old man. You should not have carried him on your back.'
Throughout the day he made disparaging comments to his companion about the old man. When they arrived at their destination the second young man said, 'You must be very tired, you must rest. I put the old man down by the river, but you have carried him all day.'

Once upon a time two young men came to a river on their long journey. A frail old man waited there and asked to be carried over the river.
'Certainly not,' said the first young man, 'I am in a hurry and anyway, why should I? you have no money to give me nor nothing I need.'
The second man put the old man on his back and carried him across the river and put him down on the opposite bank.
'You are crazy,' said the first, 'you might have slipped, fallen and drowned.'
They walked on.
The first young man said, 'He was a smelly old man. You should not have carried him on your back.'
Throughout the day he made disparaging comments to his companion about the old man. When they arrived at their destination the second young man said, 'You must be very tired, you must rest. I put the old man down by the river, but you have carried him all day.'
This would make more sense if I had ever picked up anything at all. In this case, a user asked me to find a post they had made that they thought had been deleted. I found it for them. Now, you are trying to hand me something to "carry" and I keep asking you why and all I get is silly stories with no relevance to what I am asking. Why did you quote my post? All it said was, "Is this the post you are talking about?"

Thanks for your lessons of "wisdom", they would be more useful if you weren't using them to cover up your own screw up. Just say, "I'm sorry, I wasn't really talking to you and quoted the wrong post!" rather than try to cover up by blaming others.

Bullshit! All mainstream religion teaches is that belief and not acts gets you to heaven. One need only believe in a Jewish Zombie and he gets to heaven.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

There is no responsibility there, only the need to believe and you can act however you wish. There are numerous other quotes that talk about belief and not acts. There is no responsibility in Christianity, only the need to believe that Jesus was the Messiah.

This only true of christianity. For judaism you must do what god says.

Bullshit! All mainstream religion teaches is that belief and not acts gets you to heaven. One need only believe in a Jewish Zombie and he gets to heaven.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

There is no responsibility there, only the need to believe and you can act however you wish. There are numerous other quotes that talk about belief and not acts. There is no responsibility in Christianity, only the need to believe that Jesus was the Messiah.
More Bible lessons from the Buddhist:

This ignores that in that very same chapter he clearly points out that those who do believe will act rightly because they know that all they do is in the eyes of God and he clearly indicates those that continue to sin do not "believe"...

There is a clear difference in the English word believe and what they are talking about, it is lost in translation.

"Believe" in this instance means to buy it all and to follow it, not just "believe" period.

If such were the case, Satan would be on his way to Paradise.

"Main stream religion teaches personal responsibility"

Are you for real? :confused:

"God's will."
"God will look after it."
"God never gives you more than you can handle."

God this, God that. Where does personal responsibility fit in there?

"We'll put it in God's hands." "God's will be done."

The list of common sayings associated with main stream religion is anything but taking personal responsibility. And one religion, in particular, erases all ones nasty deeds by mumbling a few chants and dropping a few $$$ in the collection plate.

What religion are you, DY, because you must be a follower of one I've never heard about?
Common sayings taken out of context are not Bible verses.

2 Corinthians 5:10

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

1 Timothy 5:8

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Luke 10:30-37

Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. ...

Luke 10:27

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

2 Peter 1:10

Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

Luke 12:48

But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

Ezekiel 18:20

The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Proverbs 28:13

Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Galatians 6:5

For each will have to bear his own load.

Genesis 4:6-7

The Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.”

James 1:1-27

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ...

Matthew 4:1-25

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.” But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple ...

Isaiah 42:16

And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.

Romans 12:19

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Nehemiah 4:17-18

Who were building on the wall. Those who carried burdens were loaded in such a way that each labored on the work with one hand and held his weapon with the other. And each of the builders had his sword strapped at his side while he built. The man who sounded the trumpet was beside me.

Romans 13:4

For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Proverbs 25:26

Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.

1 Samuel 13:19-20

Now there was no blacksmith to be found throughout all the land of Israel, for the Philistines said, “Lest the Hebrews make themselves swords or spears.” But every one of the Israelites went down to the Philistines to sharpen his plowshare, his mattock, his axe, or his sickle,

Deuteronomy 28:1-68

“And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. ...

Leviticus 26:1-46

“You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God. You shall keep my Sabbaths and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord. “If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. Your threshing shall last to the time of the grape harvest, and the grape harvest shall last to the time for sowing. And you shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in your land securely. ...
http://www.openbible.info/topics/personal_responsibility

More Bible lessons from the Buddhist:

This ignores that in that very same chapter he clearly points out that those who do believe will act rightly because they know that all they do is in the eyes of God and he clearly indicates those that continue to sin do not "believe"...

There is a clear difference in the English word believe and what they are talking about, it is lost in translation.

"Believe" in this instance means to buy it all and to follow it, not just "believe" period.

If such were the case, Satan would be on his way to Paradise.

Gnostism teaches that even Satan will be forgiven in the last days.

Rastafari, Itinually ever faithfull ever sure.
As long as I can get a littlbe bit of herb, to settle my nerves

Jah live children

Back