Why Does the Global Warming Faith Claim to be Science?

Well, its good then that most of us know Al Gore isn't a scientist and we don't really care what Al says. We listen to the actual professionals.

AGW is real. But by all means act like it isn't. Hope you don't have kids because they'll learn what you couldn't.

AGW is meaningless. A meaningless phrase has no value. The only 'professionals' you listen to are high priests of the Church of Global Warming.

All political bullshit aside, are you really denying that mankind is inducing climate change due to industrialization, Terry? Please tell me that someone of your experience and education hasn't gone around the bend like JPP's RWNJs.

https://climate.nasa.gov/

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
There is unequivocal evidence that Earth is warming at an unprecedented rate. Human activity is the principal cause.
  • While Earth’s climate has changed throughout its history, the current warming is happening at a rate not seen in the past 10,000 years.
  • According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), "Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact."1
  • Scientific information taken from natural sources (such as ice cores, rocks, and tree rings) and from modern equipment (like satellites and instruments) all show the signs of a changing climate.
  • From global temperature rise to melting ice sheets, the evidence of a warming planet abounds.

You are making shit up again.
You don't know what the temperature was 10,000 years ago. It's not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth even today.
Learn what 'fact' means. It does not mean 'universal truth'.
Science does not use indirect evidence. Ice cores, rocks, and tree rings do not indicate temperature. Satellites cannot measure the temperature of the Earth. Climate has no value associated with it. There is nothing that can 'change'.
Science is not data. Science is not equipment. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

To me, the real question is whether it's still reversible or whether we've passed the tipping point.
Very little is discussed about that, and I think it's because we have passed the tipping point and nobody wants to tell us.
Can't know for sure, though.

if we've actually passed the tipping point, we last humans in the chain should be doing pretty much whatever the fuck we want.
It's too late to worry about it.

You have already tipped your king. IBD graciously offered to set 'em up for you again, but so far you have refused.

Intelligent people use our nation's foremost science organization: NASA

https://climate.nasa.gov/

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
There is unequivocal evidence that Earth is warming at an unprecedented rate. Human activity is the principal cause.
  • While Earth’s climate has changed throughout its history, the current warming is happening at a rate not seen in the past 10,000 years.
  • According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), "Since systematic scientific assessments began in the 1970s, the influence of human activity on the warming of the climate system has evolved from theory to established fact."1
  • Scientific information taken from natural sources (such as ice cores, rocks, and tree rings) and from modern equipment (like satellites and instruments) all show the signs of a changing climate.
  • From global temperature rise to melting ice sheets, the evidence of a warming planet abounds.

Couldn't answer the question, eh?

The existence of bad/dishonest scientists doesn't mean all scientists are bad/dishonest or that we shouldn't trust all research done by scientists.

Scientists normally avoid the term 'fact', so you'll likely never hear a scientist refer to climate change as a fact, but there appears to be a scientific basis for believing that climate change is a thing.

Climate has no value associated with it. What is changing?
Science has no theory based on undefined phrases.

My point is and has been while humanity does have some effect on climate, it isn't just CO2, or even the majority CO2. As I've previously, and repeatedly, pointed out contrails represent at least 10% of that change, and possibly more. The Gorebal Warming crowd ignores that because it doesn't fit their political agenda of eliminating fossil fuel use, doesn't increase their political control, and would be easy and cost effective to implement. Worse, if they were to implement measures to reduce or eliminate contrails and that worked to slow warming significantly, it would be a disaster for the 'CO2 is the cause' crowd.

As for the IPCC, I could get better predictions from a psychic...

Every 10-ish years they predict that in 10 years we're doomed and other nonsense.

What is 'changing'? Climate has no value associated with it.

Nice dance, Terry. You mention CO2, blamed the libs, kept politicizing the problem and hinted at contrail conspiracy theory but, ultimately, refused to answer the question. Fine. Your choice, but don't expect me to respect your scientific expertise when it's clear you no longer have much.

No, Dutch. It is YOU denying science. You are discarding the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law again.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.

You'd be wrong. Of course because my area of expertise is earth science
You deny science. You have no expertise.
I've actually met many of the players and hung around with a huge number of scientists who specialize in the earth system sciences.
Science isn't people.
It's Anthropogenic Climate Change and it is defined as the effects of humans on climate.
Circular definition. Try again.
It is "change" because as the overall global temperature
Climate has no temperature. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
(as measured as an "anomaly" or temperature difference from a baseline temperature set)
Base rate fallacy.
is INCREASING which leads to a variety of effects including local warming but also possibly even local cooling.
Non-sequitur fallacy.
Let's take an example: The Gulf Stream in the Atlantic. It is part of a larger overall system of circulation in the North Atlantic. At it's northern point it goes by Greenland. As the Greenland ice sheet melts it pushes cold, fresh water into the water column and the density differential between that cold fresh water and the saline water of the ocean causes an impact on the gulf stream and the overall THERMOHALINE CIRCULATION. There's geologic evidence that this has slowed or rearranged in the past. And we see evidence that with global climate change and warming in the high latitudes as the Greenland Ice Sheet melts it IS having an effect on this circulation.
Not possible. You've been watching too many movies.
The reason I bring this up is because IF the Atlantic Thermohaline Circulation shuts down or rearranges it could very well lead to a significant COOLING in western Europe. Western Europe has a climate warmer than its latitude would suggest and that's because it is on the east side of the Atlantic and the Gulf Stream carries warm water up to that latitude.
Not possible. You've been watching too many movies.
Warm the earth --> Cool western Europe.
Conclusion based on fiction and discard of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
That's just one example. There are countless of them. But it all boils down to the fact (now very well established) that the planet IS warming and we cannot utilize natural cycles to explain the majority of the warming. But if we include forcings due to HUMAN ACTIVITIES the data makes very good sense.
There is no such thing as 'forcings'. Buzzword fallacy. Argument from randU fallacies. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. Climate has no temperature.
It explains 50% or more of the warming we've seen in the modern era.
Argument from randU fallacy. Attempted proof by randU.

How Airplane Contrails Are Helping Make the Planet Warmer
https://e360.yale.edu/features/how-airplane-contrails-are-helping-make-the-planet-warmer

CONTRAILS AND CLIMATE CHANGE: AN INVESTIGATION OF THE ROLE OF
AVIATION-INDUCED-CLOUDINESS ON THE IRISH CLIMATE USING AATSR
IMAGERY

https://www-pm.larc.nasa.gov/sass/pub/conference/Whelan.etal.ESALPS.10.pdf

NASA-DLR Study Finds Sustainable Aviation Fuel Can Reduce Contrails
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/...ustainable-aviation-fuel-can-reduce-contrails

Do airplane contrails add to climate change? Yes, and the problem is about to get worse.
https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/scienc...mate-change-yes-problem-about-get-ncna1034521

CLOUDS CAUSED BY AIRCRAFT EXHAUST MAY WARM THE U.S. CLIMATE
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/langley/news/releases/2004/04-140.html

Water vapor is a far more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2. A good portion of the Northern hemisphere--where most warming has been found--is covered in contrail created cloud cover daily.

Follow the fucking science and ignore the prophets of Greentard religion.

Nope. No science here. You are ignoring the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
NO gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.

You cannot create energy out of nothing.
You cannot trap heat.
You cannot trap light.
You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.

My argument is with how much is caused, and what the cause is, because right now the scientists saying it's man made CO2 are the exact same bunch of idiots and morons who told us the hole in the ozone layer would close years ago if we got rid of CFC's. Instead, the hole is still there, and they found a second bigger one. So, their "science" was nothing but a SWAGPOOYA. The aren't to be trusted when they can't get things right repeatedly.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth, dude.

You simply don't believe that human caused, earth debilitating climate change is taking place.
That's psychotic.

I accept that as a given.
The climate scientists have said so.
The brain dead reichnuts deny, which adds yet more evidence that's it's got to be true.

I accept the fact because it's pretty obviously true. I just don't know know if it's reversible or of we're done.
I don't really give a fat flying fuck one way or the other, but younger people might want to have a last big fling if it's truly over for humanity.
It would be a shame to waste the last few generations of humanity trying to reverse something that's now irreversible.

So you believe anything a high priest of the church of global warming tells you. Gotit.
There is no such thing as 'climate science', dude.

Some days I get accused of trying to be a mind-reader, other days people whine that I'm not. Go figure.

Scientists look for facts. If you really worked in nuclear power and studied history, then you know this is true. Leave hyperbole to the assholes and try sticking to the facts...unless you're trying to run for office, Terry. Are you running for office, Terry?

Learn what 'fact' means.

Back