Why have kids?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
I know numerous people my age now having kids.... well, actually 2-3. It freaks me the fuck out. One of my best friends is married. WHAT?!?! There is no way I am anywhere near to wanting to have kids. Why would anyone want a kid? They tie you down, they cost a shitload of money to raise and care for, you can't have adventures anymore. When did I go from being a carefree young adult to having everyone around me getting married and having children? what the flying FUCK is going on?

I know numerous people my age now having kids.... well, actually 2-3. It freaks me the fuck out. One of my best friends is married. WHAT?!?! There is no way I am anywhere near to wanting to have kids. Why would anyone want a kid? They tie you down, they cost a shitload of money to raise and care for, you can't have adventures anymore. When did I go from being a carefree young adult to having everyone around me getting married and having children? what the flying FUCK is going on?

It's a desire to pass on your beliefs, your dreams, your traditions, etc; so in your case, it's probably a good idea that you have no children. :cof1:

i have no kids, nor do i want them. wife wants them, but she is working and finishing up her masters degree, so she literally 'works' 14 hour days. after she finishes the degree, i think my days of no kids are numbered though.

i've talked with some very good friends about it (they all have kids) and they LOVE their children. in fact, my best friend who never planned on having kids, a year older than i, just had a baby girl. and talking to him is like talking to a manchild. he is loves his baby girl, all he talks about is his baby girl, oh she is so ssssweet, she has my eyes, oh the tiny feet, she is so soft.....

i don't know, maybe that kind of love is worth something.

i have no kids, nor do i want them. wife wants them, but she is working and finishing up her masters degree, so she literally 'works' 14 hour days. after she finishes the degree, i think my days of no kids are numbered though.

i've talked with some very good friends about it (they all have kids) and they LOVE their children. in fact, my best friend who never planned on having kids, a year older than i, just had a baby girl. and talking to him is like talking to a manchild. he is loves his baby girl, all he talks about is his baby girl, oh she is so ssssweet, she has my eyes, oh the tiny feet, she is so soft.....

i don't know, maybe that kind of love is worth something.

It's priceless.

not at my age. maybe when im old and have nothing to live for. but not now.

lol, thats sometimes how i feel and i'm like a thousand years older than you.

why populate the world further? unless the family is very well off, they don't take vacations, kayak trips etc....when there are munchkins. if i have kids, i feel like i won't have a life until i'm like 50's....

lol, thats sometimes how i feel and i'm like a thousand years older than you.

why populate the world further? unless the family is very well off, they don't take vacations, kayak trips etc....when there are munchkins. if i have kids, i feel like i won't have a life until i'm like 50's....

My wife and I have 5 kids. 4 Daughters and 1 Son.
We now have 21 Grandchildren. 7 girls and 14 boys. We would have had 22; but one died of SIDS, back in 1996.
And we're now waiting on our first Great Grandchilld; due sometime in August.

I wouldn't change anything.

Other than a biological desire to pass on ones DNA, it's a personal urge of mine to pass on, well, my greatness.

My wife and I have 5 kids. 4 Daughters and 1 Son.
We now have 21 Grandchildren. 7 girls and 14 boys. We would have had 22; but one died of SIDS, back in 1996.
And we're now waiting on our first Great Grandchilld; due sometime in August.

I wouldn't change anything.

Wow, big family. Thats cool too for the right people. My family was always huge until my generation and now there's just a couple of nieces,nephews and cousins a generation below me. Young ones are the best to have around. The energy is a trip and its so cool to watch them grow up. That being said, I'm not going to have kids. Its an anomaly especially on this island where everyone my age, 34, has like 5 kids and by the time they're 40, there's grandkids. I know a gut who's 55 and a great grandfather, and his dad is 70- something and a great-great grandfather. Good for them, not for me.

And thats too bad about the sids. Sorry to hear that.

Wow, big family. Thats cool too for the right people. My family was always huge until my generation and now there's just a couple of nieces,nephews and cousins a generation below me. Young ones are the best to have around. The energy is a trip and its so cool to watch them grow up. That being said, I'm not going to have kids. Its an anomaly especially on this island where everyone my age, 34, has like 5 kids and by the time they're 40, there's grandkids. I know a gut who's 55 and a great grandfather, and his dad is 70- something and a great-great grandfather. Good for them, not for me.

And thats too bad about the sids. Sorry to hear that.

My Mother-In-Law died, just last week, and she was survived by 6 children (3 boys and 3 girls - She had 1 son die at a very young age), 26 Grandkids, 63 Great Grandkids, and 2 Great Great Grandkids.
She would have been 81 this year.

beefy why no kids for you? want to keep having adventures?

I'm too selfish. I don't want to lose a drop of freedom. I can do whatever I want whenever I want, and life is the best ever. If I were rich, I might think about it, but I'm solidly middle class, so all the expenses and time kids would take I prefer to spend on myself. Honest truth.

You are wrong about one thing, you can still have adventures. The smart person fits a kid into their life, they don't give up their life and fit it around the child.

????.....time?.....it does have a tendency to go on....and on.....and on.....

Back