Worst argument for religion that I've read, ever.

Not that I've become religious. I can't believe in God. Or even that I've become an agnostic, I still think agnostics are pansies. I just hate atheists, they're obnoxious and annoying, and it's embarrassing to be associated with them. New atheism has become a cult.

Yeah people on the internet doing some light hearted mocking of something heavily normalized and entrenched within our society is like the worst thing ever.

basically you hate everyone, even those you agree with ideologically, and you want to feel superior about it. like you weren't enjoying the god delusion no more than 1.5 years ago. but now you are way better than that. you can be such a tool watermark.

Obviously, I am talking about killings that are prompted by the religion. Who killed those Muslims? Just Christians? There are followers of many religions (and no religion) in the US armed forces. Your attempt to paint the Iraq wars as modern-day crusades falls flat on its face.

Bull Fucking Shit!
Bush was a self proclaimed Christian, we are a purported Christian nation, and we slaughtered at fucking least 150,00 Muslims, in the last 12 years, and continue to rain terror on them from the sky from thousands of miles away like the pussies that we are.

You are SO FUCKING SELF-DELUDED. Grow up little boy. Your silly pronouncements tire me immensely.

Yeah people on the internet doing some light hearted mocking of something heavily normalized and entrenched within our society is like the worst thing ever.

basically you hate everyone, even those you agree with ideologically, and you want to feel superior about it. like you weren't enjoying the god delusion no more than 1.5 years ago. but now you are way better than that. you can be such a tool watermark.

No he's right, organized atheists lean heavy douchebag. Sorry it's a fact Grind.

No he's right, organized atheists lean heavy douchebag. Sorry it's a fact Grind.

I don't understand the phrase "organized atheists". If you read freethought blog, pharyngula, etc - there are people stating their views, but I wouldn't call them organized.

I'm an atheist, as is my husband; I don't consider us douchebags.

There are male atheists who are very sexist and nasty, but there are also male christians who are very sexist and nasty.

How about less invective, more discussion?

Your silly pronouncements tire me immensely.

Then block me. Frankly I don't care what you have to say anyway. I used to like you, but now you annoy me. Old school liberals such as yourself are essentially irrelevant, and not much better than conservatives as far as functioning in the 21st century is concerned.

Last edited:
we slaughtered at fucking least 150,00 Muslims, in the last 12 years,

Do you have evidence to support this assertion?

In any event, I am happy that the US is overseas killing radical fundamentalist Muslims. It is unfortunate that some innocents die in the process, but that happens in every war. If you are unable to recognize the distinction between collateral damage and Jihad, there is little hope for you. And if you honestly think the US is deliberately killing innocent people overseas because they are Muslim... well, the burden of proof is on you.

Last edited:
I don't understand the phrase "organized atheists". If you read freethought blog, pharyngula, etc - there are people stating their views, but I wouldn't call them organized.

There are male atheists who are very sexist and nasty, but there are also male christians who are very sexist and nasty.

you are like the perfect poster.

Then block me. Frankly I don't care what you have to say anyway. I used to like you, but now you annoy me. Old school liberals such as yourself are essentially irrelevant, and not much better than conservatives as far as functioning in the 21st century is concerned.

I am not an old school liberal you pompous windbag.

I am a liberal libertarian.

Not everything can be pigeon holed neatly.

Open your mind, use less concrete thinking,

Realize who your Elders are and learn from them.

You have many tremendous progress in the last couple years, almost a complete turn-around.

You are way too smart to get stuck in neo-conservatism, Cast off your final chains, listen, and ask more, pronounce less.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/...oosing-sexism-over-commitment-to-rationality/

I don't have too much time to get other links, but start there if you'd like, if not that's fine. The movement is rife with sexism and douchebags, but that does not mean that individual atheists are those things. Personally I have no interest in organized religion, or organized "skepticism" movements. Both are male-dominated and very paternalistic.

Do you have evidence to support this assertion?

In any event, I am happy that the US is overseas killing radical fundamentalist Muslims. It is unfortunate that some innocents die in the process, but that happens in every war. If you are unable to recognize the distinction between collateral damage and Jihad, there is little hope for you. And if you honestly think the US is deliberately killing innocent people overseas because they are Muslim... well, the burden of proof is on you.

Really? Perhaps you missed this thread.
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...support-America-s-genocide-in-the-Middle-East

No war is needed so all collateral damage is murder.

That you are happy about any killing saddens me, but I still feel there is hope for you.

Read the above post with as open a mind as possible.

If you think anyone uses less invective here than Darla, you are sadly mistaken.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/...oosing-sexism-over-commitment-to-rationality/

I don't have too much time to get other links, but start there if you'd like, if not that's fine. The movement is rife with sexism and douchebags, but that does not mean that individual atheists are those things. Personally I have no interest in organized religion, or organized "skepticism" movements. Both are male-dominated and very paternalistic.

Oh and google Rebecca Watson. Those are two really good places to begin. There's been a ton of harrassment both online and at conferences, of women involved in the atheist/skepticism movement. This has nothing to do with you or your husband. That is the "Not My Neville" school of thought, which just drags everything down. If it's not about you, it's not about you. (and I am sure it's not)

Last edited:

Sorry for jumping on you, Darla, I didn't mean you personally were slamming atheists.

I do agree that the atheist groups have a heavy strain of sexism, nastiness, and anti-woman crap. I just see that in other groups as well, including this board. I wish atheist men were more enlightened in that area than other men, but apparently that is a trait that runs across religious preference.

Sorry for jumping on you, Darla, I didn't mean you personally were slamming atheists.

I do agree that the atheist groups have a heavy strain of sexism, nastiness, and anti-woman crap. I just see that in other groups as well, including this board. I wish atheist men were more enlightened in that area than other men, but apparently that is a trait that runs across religious preference.

It's okay, i misunderstood your post anyway, no problem.

Yes, we agree then. I wish so too. I wish liberal men were more enlightened! I mean, actually they are as compared to conservative men don't get me wrong, but...a lot of them need work you know? From what I have seen online anyway. Not so much here.

It's the very reason that those few who believe in the sacred feminine live in paradise!

Back