Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thrilling Ohio!

iDiLFJGSF0XtR.png

No one does irrigation ditches quite like Ohio!

A patchwork quilt, I'm weird, I think farmland is beautiful!

[URL="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/30/1114634/-Projecting-Texas-The-Coming-Democratic-Plurality"]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/30/1114634/-Projecting-Texas-The-Coming-Democratic-Plurality

O
n[/URL]e of the main factors is that the latino demographic skews very young, a lot of latinos aren't even old enough to vote. Only 10%-15% of the hispanic population is undocumented, the turnout numbers are much more dismal than that.

I'm aware of both those facts. It's always interesting when going to a real estate conference and they do a demographics break down among both age and ethnicity when determining where growth is coming from. I wish I had the slide I saw for California but it is today's Hispanic youth that is driving future growth in the state.

Based on my observation and acquaintances who have immigrated from Mexico, the Democratic Party better hope the Republican Party doesn't follow GW Bush's strategy and advice on immigration reform. Don't worry, they won't ... but if they did...

News Flash!

Texas Secedes! Mexico Attacks!

Govt officials have confirmed that 1 minute after the Texas secession, Mexico has launched an attack across the Rio Grande intent on reclaiming land lost for over 150 years. American military and government will not defend Texas claiming, "It's easier, more productive and more profitable dealing with Mexicans than it is dealing with Texicans."

In other news... Georgia continues to send starving people back to Alabama saying, "When we finish the wall between Ga. and Ala. we won't have to carry the dead weight that is Alabama."

4 African countries continue to send aid to poverty stricken Alabama and Mississippi.

China builds 1st naval base in S. Carolina. Asked why S. Carolina would allow a foreign country to house their military there S. Carolina officials stated, "Yall ever heard of money? They pay, we profit, so what's the big deal, let the market sort it out. They may be small and look funny but at least they ain't black."

LOL, Ceesesh! LOL!

You left out the follow up story to Mexico invading Texas.
Within 2 hours, the Mexican Government was asking the UN to step in and monitor the Texan's; because in the words of a Mexican General - "Everyone one of those crazy Texans are armed and they're fucking serious". :)

I'm aware of both those facts. It's always interesting when going to a real estate conference and they do a demographics break down among both age and ethnicity when determining where growth is coming from. I wish I had the slide I saw for California but it is today's Hispanic youth that is driving future growth in the state.

I've been sleep deprived and overcaffeinated for the past few days, so I've fallen back into my old patterns of lazily making grandiose claims based on little evidence and becoming angry and overly defensive when challenged. Sorry.

Based on my observation and acquaintances who have immigrated from Mexico, the Democratic Party better hope the Republican Party doesn't follow GW Bush's strategy and advice on immigration reform. Don't worry, they won't ... but if they did...

The Republicans did well amongst Latinos under Bush. The Republicans have fallen into a pattern of sycophantically pleasing their bases every whim, though, and so have lost almost all of the gains. I believe we are taking around 45% of Latinos going republican under Bush vs. less than 30% in the past two elections.

I say we dump the northeast... they just create financial crises and political turmoil. Everything north of the southern border of DC, all of PA... and what the hell, we will toss in OH... that way the Northeastern elitists have someone to keep looking down on.

This is an excellent suggestion.

You mean the niggers, right?

No he's talking about the activist queers.

How do we divide them up?

Knowing that they're a special interest victim group of the Evil Kingdom, I don't think this would be a problem.

The victim queers would instinctively stay in the northeast along with all the other whiny victim groups such as the jersey shores and the afro centrists.

Homosexuals who practice modesty and desire unions would be an asset to our southern communities and would naturally tend to join the seceding south.

You know....when I moved down from PA to LA, a bunch of people would look me straight in the eye and ask...."you know what the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee is?....I'd say, no... they'd say a Yankee is a Northerner that come down to the South...a Damn Yankee is one who stays.

It was so.bad that even my.black co-workers would call me Yankee. I'd say look....if it weren't for us Yankees....you'd still be on the plantation.

Then we'd all.laugh and drink some beer and have a good time. They were.just testing the waters to see what kind.of a guy Inwas.

Knowing that they're a special interest victim group of the Evil Kingdom, I don't think this would be a problem.

The victim queers would instinctively stay in the northeast along with all the other whiny victim groups such as the jersey shores and the afro centrists.

Homosexuals who practice modesty and desire unions would be an asset to our southern communities and would naturally tend to join the seceding south.

Too bad most of your brethren.don't feel that way.

Congratulations.
You are now officially the sickest most racist POS on this board, with the exception of Racist X of course.

You are literally one step away from my ever lengthening ignore list.

What, pray tell was the south right about?

Congratulations.
You are now officially the sickest most racist POS on this board, with the exception of Racist X of course.

You are literally one step away from my ever lengthening ignore list.

What, pray tell was the south right about?

Well if you keep it up, soon you'll be sitting there all alone playing with yourself.

The racist rot and depravity is not confined to the south. It has spread to your whole country. So no, the US wouldn't be better off or even appreciably changed without the south. It's too late to even consider that as the solution. Mor gun violence and more innocent people will have to suffer before any solutions will even be considered to be necessary. Half of your country is still preoccupied with moving in the opposite direction and getting even with more people of different coulour. Or in fact, even speaking a different language has become reason enough now!

This is due to Obama becoming president because that sort of demonstration of 'uppity' is simply not tolerable yet. No matter if it's the south or the north!

I'd like to know who "if we permitted" is.

Personally, I'm not going to seek permission first from anybody to come and go or stay or leave under my constitutional rights so "if we permitted" should take note of that.

Back