WOW! Dems doing a heluva job already!!!

hmm... largely demo NE gets mild weather and saves money, Largely republican midwest gets hammered with bilzzards.......

just gotta love those dems! stock market up again yesterday; housing prices are stabilizing, the record cold in the arctic is freezing the pole again!!! gas prices are down again!!! they are just unfreekinbelievable!!!!!

I do give the Democrats some of the credit for the Gas prices.. the other stuff is just natural.

THe threat of real investigations into the price fixing has helped to lower gas prices.

I do give the Democrats some of the credit for the Gas prices.. the other stuff is just natural.

THe threat of real investigations into the price fixing has helped to lower gas prices.
What a load of garbage.

unfortunately for hyou, the facgts don't support your stagtement. the current market forces are the reason for lower gas prices, not any perceived threat of investigation.

unfortunately for hyou, the facgts don't support your stagtement. the current market forces are the reason for lower gas prices, not any perceived threat of investigation.
That is what the oil companies want us to believe. I am not fully convinced though.

i haven't seen any facts to support the statement, but there are lots of facts showing that market forces are responsible for the decline.

cmon, US; you're not stupid, don't pretend you are with me; it won't work. i always liked conversing with you because you're not a moron like a lot of others here. don't become one of of those trying to play politics. try it on some newbie, not me.

Hip, I am just not convinced that big oil does not manipulate the market (to some degree) to suit themselves. No open collusion between the different oil companies is required, because they all have the same goals, to make the most profit they possibly can without going to jail.

No, No. Lew! Opec jacking the price of crude, surging demand in emerging economies, and record numbers of miles driven here mean nothing - it's Bush and his cronies fixing the price. Absolutely, positively 100% so. How do I know? The Democrats said so, that's how.

[/sarcasm]

The truth lies in the profits made by the oil companies...
How it came about is open to debate, But the fact is that it happened.

No, No. Lew! Opec jacking the price of crude, surging demand in emerging economies, and record numbers of miles driven here mean nothing - it's Bush and his cronies fixing the price. Absolutely, positively 100% so. How do I know? The Democrats said so, that's how.

[/sarcasm]

I fondly remember the days when republicans laughed at accusations of market manipulation by Enron and others, and said the california utility prices were the result of free market forces ;)

The truth lies in the profits made by the oil companies...
How it came about is open to debate, But the fact is that it happened.
The truth is that many liberals are getting too hung up on the idea that Big Oil is manipulating the markets. They're profiteers not conspirators, usually: they're taking advantage of price swings to dip a little extra out of the flow of money. Frankly, I think that's reprehensible enough.

There's plenty to get on them about without making things up. It only weakens our position to do so, IMHO.

Back