• Start date Start date

WWJD?

• He Raptures the whole bunch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He asks FEMA to handle it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you are claiming you never think about what you will do if you are attacked, I call bullshit. Especially when you have been involved in discussion for a week about it.

The discussion has been an attempt to understand your constant fretting about what you and your fellow paranoiacs say you will do in the event of some Doomsday event.

Sadly, it looks as though Dumb Yankee is correct about you.

The discussion has been an attempt to understand your constant fretting about what you and your fellow paranoiacs say you will do in the event of some Doomsday event.

Sadly, it looks as though Dumb Yankee is correct about you.

I have yet to see any evidence that anyone is fretting about anything. I also have yet to see any evidence that anyone is paranoid.

I have yet to see any evidence that anyone is fretting about anything. I also have yet to see any evidence that anyone is paranoid.

One of the symptoms.

People with paranoid personality disorder are generally characterized by having a long-standing pattern of pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others.

A person with paranoid personality disorder will nearly always believe that other people's motives are suspect or even malevolent.

Individuals with this disorder assume that other people will exploit, harm, or deceive them, even if no evidence exists to support this expectation.

While it is fairly normal for everyone to have some degree of paranoia about certain situations in their lives (such as worry about an impending set of layoffs at work), people with paranoid personality disorder take this to an extreme.

Because they are hypervigilant for potential threats, they may act in a guarded, secretive, or devious manner and appear to be "cold" and lacking in tender feelings.

Although they may appear to be objective, rational, and unemotional, they more often display a labile range of affect, with hostile, stubborn, and sarcastic expressions predominating. Their combative and suspicious nature may elicit a hostile response in others, which then serves to confirm their original expectations.

Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder

A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

• Suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
  • Is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
  • Is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
  • Reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
  • Persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
  • Perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
  • Has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner
http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx37.htm

One of the symptoms.

People with paranoid personality disorder are generally characterized by having a long-standing pattern of pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others.

A person with paranoid personality disorder will nearly always believe that other people's motives are suspect or even malevolent.

Individuals with this disorder assume that other people will exploit, harm, or deceive them, even if no evidence exists to support this expectation.

While it is fairly normal for everyone to have some degree of paranoia about certain situations in their lives (such as worry about an impending set of layoffs at work), people with paranoid personality disorder take this to an extreme.

Because they are hypervigilant for potential threats, they may act in a guarded, secretive, or devious manner and appear to be "cold" and lacking in tender feelings.

Although they may appear to be objective, rational, and unemotional, they more often display a labile range of affect, with hostile, stubborn, and sarcastic expressions predominating. Their combative and suspicious nature may elicit a hostile response in others, which then serves to confirm their original expectations.

Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder

A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

• Suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
  • Is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
  • Is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
  • Reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
  • Persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
  • Perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
  • Has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner
http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx37.htm

And you think that we, who have normal lives, are paranoid because we have stored food and like guns?

Yeah, that is pretty pitiful evidence.

I don't see that we fit any of the symptoms, and certainly not four of them.

And you think that we, who have normal lives, are paranoid because we have stored food and like guns? Yeah, that is pretty pitiful evidence. I don't see that we fit any of the symptoms, and certainly not four of them.

Of course you don't.

Us? Do you have multiple personalities?

The discussion has been about those of us who stored food and are prepared for a crisis.

Now, rather than your typical dance and diversion, would you like to point out which ones apply to us?

The discussion has been about those of us who stored food and are prepared for a crisis. Now, rather than your typical dance and diversion, would you like to point out which ones apply to us?

How would you know which symptoms are manifested by others?

How would you know which symptoms are manifested by others?

You are the one making the claim that we are paranoid and then posting the symptoms.

"...as indicated by four (or more) of the following:"

So which 4 are you claiming apply to us?

Were you?

You have already forgotten what you typed? Sounds like a health problem. Or maybe drug abuse.

You have been calling the ones you refer to as "gunlovers" and the people who have stores of food paranoid.

Can you show at least 4 of those symptoms that fit us?

Back