2015 FBS Picture

I honestly think they got the right man this year. I think Henry did more to contribute to his teams success than any other player in college ball. What a work horse.

I think MSU shouldn't have to hard a time with Bama. They beat a multifaceted offense with three great runners in OSU (Zeke, Miller, Barrett) so they should have no problem with Bama's one dimensional offense and single down hill runner like Henry....who is certainly no Zeke Elliot in terms of talent.

One dimensional offense? Funny, Barrett and Jones combined for 2,241 yards passing for OSU this season. Coker passed for 2,489 yards. The only way you will stop Derrick Henry is to absolutely stack the box (even then by the 4th qtr he will be getting it done). But if you totally focus on Henry, Coker will score with his arm and keep plays going with his feet. And the issues with the secondary that were so bad last year are not there this year. MSU won't make it beyond the first round. It is just a matter of who will get the honor of losing to Bama in the final round, Clemson or Oklahoma.

You guys let Maryland in, which is even more comical. I don't see why Nebraska is in the B1G, when it has more of a history with the Big-12 region. It should be a natural rival of Oklahoma and KSU...

Geez, PAC-12 Refs even fuck-up garbage time. Mahomes' receiver was clearly not touched by an LSU defender going to the ground, and rolled back into the end zone for a final TD in the Texass Bowl. Who the fuck let PAC-12 refs officiate a bowl game, and will they ever do a championship game? :barf:

For your entertainment, I highly recommend the Twitter parody account @Glasses Ref for all of your PAC-12 officiating abuse. Also, @KimJongNumberUn is worth a chuckle.

https://www.twitter.com/GlassesRef?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

hey don't get me started on the Big 1G......I mean, wtf, Rutgers?......is that like affirmative action for athletics?......

Having lived in NY, Rutgers is the #1 team there. Granted they aren't exactly dominant, but being #1 in NY is a big deal, so I get the money.

And wow, as a Michigan fan, do you know what Michigan's been pulling in terms of recruits from New Jersey since Rutgers joined? Wow

You guys let Maryland in, which is even more comical. I don't see why Nebraska is in the B1G, when it has more of a history with the Big-12 region. It should be a natural rival of Oklahoma and KSU...

Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, all are comparable for Nebraska. Oklahoma and Kansas are both potential B1G adds as well. Nebraska was a win both ways. The Big 12 is unstable and Texas dominates and has it's own deal.

As for Maryland, the B1G has to move to more growth areas. And Maryland is a gateway to move further down the east coast. Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland were all shrewd strategic moves. The problem with Rutgers has been the scandals though, but how do you know that going in? It's not traditionally a scandal school

I was happy to see Baylor win last night and I was really hoping Texas Tech would have won but it just wasn't meant to be. We might be going to see the Alamo Bowl though between Oregon and TCU so that could be fun! Hopefully TCU wins.

I was happy to see Baylor win last night and I was really hoping Texas Tech would have won but it just wasn't meant to be. We might be going to see the Alamo Bowl though between Oregon and TCU so that could be fun! Hopefully TCU wins.

Go Big 12! :)

Bowl games are getting silly. 10 out of 14 Big 10 teams are playing bowl games. Probably only 5 belong there. Most of these don't even make money for the schools.

But so far here's how the Big 5 conferences are doing.

ACC is 2 and 3
SEC is 2 and 0
Big 10 is 2 and 1
Big 12 is 1 and 1
Pac 12 is 5 and 1

On the surface it would appear that the Pac 12 is doing well but the fact that so many of their teams are playing so many early bowl games doesn't exactly speak well for the Pac 12.

Well tomorrow starts the big weekend for football.

Yep. Wish I was confident. I've had too many let downs in these big bowl games to have any kind of confidence, though I believe we ended the season playing well. But no matter what, we've had a pleasingly good year save one Saturday in October.

In my world, only the Rose Bowl, along with the Orange, Sugar, Cotton, and, maybe, the Fiesta bowls would exist. Want to get into one? Win more than the six (or five) games that it takes to become bowl eligible. Remember, under the ratings/rankings systems which have been in place since the earliest polling organizations, you basically have to be a perfect 12-0 to be champion in most years. So, I don't see why it's asking too much to be a 10 win team, and headed to one of the aforementioned legitimate bowls.

Of course, once we have a six or eight team playoff, even those bowls might die off, but, I'd rather see a 7-6 team pull off a national championship than see a 7-6 team win the Victoria's Secret Brassier Bowl (although, there might be something to that one!).

Back