2015 FBS Picture

Ohio State is stronger than MSU? Funny that OSU couldn't prove that when they played them.

And Bama was passing before they even tried to run the ball. Henry didn't touch the ball in the first series. In the first 2 series (both ending in punts) there were 7 passing plays and 3 running plays.

Bama played the Big10 Conference champions. Claiming that another Big 10 team would do better is ridiculous. You win your conference, you get to move on.

Would you bet on the Spartans to beat the Buckeyes if they played again? I wouldn't lol. But yeah, the way system is set up [which sucks] it's almost like every game in the regular season is a playoff game. Lesser teams can beat better teams and they do it pretty often. Which on the one hand keeps things interesting but on the other hand it's all the more reason they need to expand to the playoffs to 8 teams, at least.

Would you bet on the Spartans to beat the Buckeyes if they played again? I wouldn't lol. But yeah, the way system is set up [which sucks] it's almost like every game in the regular season is a playoff game. Lesser teams can beat better teams and they do it pretty often. Which on the one hand keeps things interesting but on the other hand it's all the more reason they need to expand to the playoffs to 8 teams, at least.

I am all for an 8 team playoff. But I don't think that would change the situation much now.

Its funny, last year Ohio State lost the 2nd game of the season (by 14 points) to a team that would end up going 7-6 for the year, and everyone called it a "Cinderella Season.
Bama lost the 3rd game of the season (by 6 points) to a team that finished with a 10-3 record, and somehow Bama is a weak team that got lucky.

I am all for an 8 team playoff. But I don't think that would change the situation much now.

Its funny, last year Ohio State lost the 2nd game of the season (by 14 points) to a team that would end up going 7-6 for the year, and everyone called it a "Cinderella Season.
Bama lost the 3rd game of the season (by 6 points) to a team that finished with a 10-3 record, and somehow Bama is a weak team that got lucky.

Who said anything about AL getting lucky lol? They're easily good enough to be in the playoffs and they may even be the best team in football. We'll see what Clemson has to say about it.

What sucks is a four team playoff is going to miss some teams that should be there while allowing a Michigan State in at the expense of an Ohio State or whoever.

They won the Big 12 because they were lucky enough to play Baylor and TCU without their starting Quarterbacks lol!

I'm an OU fan and I can't disagree with this. Our defense was improving but certainly wasn't where it needed to be. And I'm a boring guy...I hate when my teams play poor defense.

LMAO! It hasn't gone to the best player in years. It goes to the best player on a top team.

Yeah, I get that you dislike the south and Alabama and whatever. But Henry won the Heisman. McCaffrey won the AP player of the year. Both are top level athletes.

God, the only thing that could have gone worse for McCaffrey than being denied the Heisman is winning AP Player of the Year. Fuck the AP for all time!

My team WVU revived the Air Raid offense and hung in for a tough one point win against AZ State in the Cactus Bowl. QB Skylar Howard broke Drew Bledsoe's passing yards bowl record with 500+ yards.

I would have thought the SEC goin 8-2 in bowl games would have been worse for you. :D

Worse for McCaffrey is what I wrote. I'm sure the greatest player in NCAA Football at the second greatest university in the world doesn't care about the SEC bowl record. Obviously I'm pissed about it.

I will say, though, that I have no problem seeing Cam Newton win the NFL MVP, even though he was an Auburn guy and plays for Carolina. He actually was the best player in the NFL this year. How you can have the best statistical season in NCAA history and not be given the Heisman is a question, ironically, that a Stanford student can't answer.

Would I bet on the Spartans to beat OSU again? Let me see, MSU beat the Buckeyes at home and with their backup QB. Now the game was close. But at a neutral site with the record breaking QB healthy? Nah, they would beat Ohio State again.

I would usually root for Alabama but I am rooting for Dabo Swinney tonight. I like that he has been making the atheists mad. :D

The clock should have stopped at 12 seconds on that last drive of the half....cost Clemson a time out.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!

Clemson has no shame. They played a helluva game.

Bama wins our 4th National Championship in 9 years. (that is twice as many as auburn has won in 123 years)

As most of you know, I am a rather polite and civil poster.

But tonight I am drunk and ready to speak.

I have watched our wins be denigrated and demeaned, by numerous people. Various reasons have been gievn for the hatred, but Bama has done nothing to earn this "evil" designation. We have not played dirty. We have scheduled decent out of conference opponents. And we have dominated what could arguably be called the toughest division, overall, in the last 10+ years.

And we have won 4 national championships in 7 years. No one is even close to that until you go back to Notre Dame in the 1940s. We haven't been ranked out of the top 10 playoff game since Saban took over. And the semi final game, we had a record 29 graduates dress out for the team (4 of which had earned Masters Degrees).

I have always had a Crimson Tide tag on my car and I have always worn Crimson Tide shirts and hats. Even when Mike DuBose took us 3-8 for the season.

So let me take this opportunity to brag with a ROLL TIDE!!! Yes, we REALLY are THAT good1

As most of you know, I am a rather polite and civil poster.

But tonight I am drunk and ready to speak.

I have watched our wins be denigrated and demeaned, by numerous people. Various reasons have been gievn for the hatred, but Bama has done nothing to earn this "evil" designation. We have not played dirty. We have scheduled decent out of conference opponents. And we have dominated what could arguably be called the toughest division, overall, in the last 10+ years.

And we have won 4 national championships in 7 years. No one is even close to that until you go back to Notre Dame in the 1940s. We haven't been ranked out of the top 10 playoff game since Saban took over. And the semi final game, we had a record 29 graduates dress out for the team (4 of which had earned Masters Degrees).

I have always had a Crimson Tide tag on my car and I have always worn Crimson Tide shirts and hats. Even when Mike DuBose took us 3-8 for the season.

So let me take this opportunity to brag with a ROLL TIDE!!! Yes, we REALLY are THAT good1

Congrats to Alabama and the SEC. As a die hard LSU all we can think is those could be our championships.

I think what Saban has done is more impressive than what Notre Dame or even Bear Bryant has done.

It is a completely different college game today. Just back in the 70s and 80s there were only a handful of teams that dominated the scene. The competition today to recruit top talent is much more intense. Players want to play right away as freshmen. The days of stacking your roster with players that knew they weren't going to start until they are a junior are over. Stashing players just so yr rival can't get em is yesteryear.

Congrats

Congratulations Alabama. It was a great game between two teams I don't dislike, and for that I'm glad. I could relax and enjoy it with no dog in the hunt. And I did.

It's evil because it's the south. You guys literally once had the AP gang-up against you in the poll because of segregation. Congratulations on the win. I just looked up the box score and saw that the audience was probably entertained by the high scoring, this being 2016, and all.

Back