2015 FBS Picture

on a side note I can't believe how irresponsible TCU's quarterback was. He is the leader of that team and out of all of the people there he should have been the one setting the example of respecting a curfew, being the team's leader, and making sure everybody was in that hotel but instead it's his actions that will most likely cost them the Alamo Bowl. I hope he learns from this since he had so much going for him before that one bad decision.
Oh be nice Norah. I know several friends and acquaintances, including Bob Hoying, who played college football and to the man, unless it was a major bowl game like the Rose Bowl, hated Bowl games with a passion. After 6 months of two a days, practice, team meetings, conditioning and weight training on top of classes, while leading ascetic life style are all ready for a break to let their body's heal and get prepared for finals and now you have coaches and alum pressuring them into another two a day schedule, while finals are going down, to play one more, usually meaningless game when they would much rather spend time with friends and family during the Holidays, enjoying some R&R and a few beers like every other kid on campus. Remember, they are young and they are not professional athletes.

If it was left to the young athletes playing on those teams if given the opportunity to opt out of most of the meaningless bowl games, most of them would.

I think the TCU coach is over reacting and don't be surprised if it jumps up and bites him in the backside. I've been told several stories by guys who played for top programs where the team purposefully laid down and lost a bowl game to spite their coach.

On episode that happened at Ohio State in 1973 and 1974. During the run up to the 1973 Rose Bowl legendary Coach Woody Hayes took the team out to California two weeks before the game. Put the kids through two a day work outs, drilled them mercilessly and enforced a strict curfew with no time off to see the sights or visit any of the entertainment venues like Disney land. He turned it into boot camp. The team was so pissed off that they purposefully lost the game to spite coach Hayes.

The next year, 74, going into the Mich and OSU game, OSU and Mich records were tied and the game ended in a tie. The Big 10 AD's voted to send OSU to the Rose Bowl. When the OSU players heard, they sent a committee of team leaders to coach Hayes to tell him that they were going to decline the invitation and not go. Coach Hayes had to go into damage control and only got the team to agree to play by relaxing both the training schedule and curfews and allowing the team time for fun and recreation. OSU won that Rose Bowl. Coach Hayes played hell keeping that out of the press and the team revolt wasn't publicized till quite a few years later.

Last edited:
Oh be nice Norah. I know several friends and acquaintances, including Bob Hoying, who played college football and to the man, unless it was a major bowl game like the Rose Bowl, hated Bowl games with a passion. After 6 months of two a days, practice, team meetings, conditioning and weight training on top of classes, while leading ascetic life style are all ready for a break to let their body's heal and get prepared for finals and now you have coaches and alum pressuring them into another two a day schedule, while finals are going down, to play one more, usually meaningless game when they would much rather spend time with friends and family during the Holidays, enjoying some R&R and a few beers like every other kid on campus. Remember, they are young and they are not professional athletes.

If it was left to the young athletes playing on those teams if given the opportunity to opt out of most of the meaningless bowl games, most of them would.

I think the TCU coach is over reacting and don't be surprised if it jumps up and bites him in the backside. I've been told several stories by guys who played for top programs where the team purposefully laid down and lost a bowl game to spite their coach.

On episode that happened at Ohio State in 1973 and 1974. During the run up to the 1973 Rose Bowl legendary Coach Woody Hayes took the team out to California two weeks before the game. Put the kids through two a day work outs, drilled them mercilessly and enforced a strict curfew with no time off to see the sights or visit any of the entertainment venues like Disney land. He turned it into boot camp. The team was so pissed off that they purposefully lost the game to spite coach Hayes.

The next year, 74, going into the Mich and OSU game, OSU and Mich records were tied and the game ended in a tie. The Big 10 AD's voted to send OSU to the Rose Bowl. When the OSU players heard, they sent a committee of team leaders to coach Hayes to tell him that they were going to decline the invitation and not go. Coach Hayes had to go into damage control and only got the team to agree to play by relaxing both the training schedule and curfews and allowing the team time for fun and recreation. OSU won that Rose Bowl. Coach Hayes played hell keeping that out of the press and the team revolt wasn't publicized till quite a few years later.

I totally understand the pressure of trying to balance school with sports but you have the rest of your life after Saturday to unwind and get away from the daily grind. I get that he was probably trying to relax and enjoy the end of the season but what he did was selfish from a team point of view and a deliberate attempt to go around the rules from the coaches. Add into that getting into a fight with people and then punching a cop there isn't a lot of things to really sympathize with here. I know he made a mistake and I dont think that he should have his life ruined by this but all of it would have been avoided had he just been a leader for a couple more days.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty, was it?

The "most overrated team" played a team that some claimed would have no problem with Bama.

The game stats are as follows:

Total yards: MSU 239 - UA 440
Passing Yards: MSU 210 - UA 286
Rushing Yards: MSU 29 - UA 154

When a team has its starters on the bench in the 4th quarter of a playoff game, one of the teams just didn't show up.

The defensive front sacked Connor 4 times and only allowed them in the red zone once. Overrated? lol Yeah, I think MSU was overrated.

And here is a tidbit that I am quite proud of, for my team.

The University of Alabama broke a record today. When the team ran out on the field, it included 29 graduates (4 with masters degrees).

The world still needs basket weavers. :cof1:

I totally understand the pressure of trying to balance school with sports but you have the rest of your life after Saturday to unwind and get away from the daily grind. I get that he was probably trying to relax and enjoy the end of the season but what he did was selfish from a team point of view and a deliberate attempt to go around the rules from the coaches. Add into that getting into a fight with people and then punching a cop there isn't a lot of things to really sympathize with here. I know he made a mistake and I dont think that he should have his life ruined by this but all of it would have been avoided had he just been a leader for a couple more days.

R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y ---- It was his and he didn't live up to it. I agree with you.

Apparently the Heisman no longer goes to the best player. They should give it to Fournette next year, because he's a really popular RB.

LMAO! It hasn't gone to the best player in years. It goes to the best player on a top team.

Yeah, I get that you dislike the south and Alabama and whatever. But Henry won the Heisman. McCaffrey won the AP player of the year. Both are top level athletes.

R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y ---- It was his and he didn't live up to it. I agree with you.

He took full responsibility for his actions today and apologized to his team. There is no getting those past moments before he left that hotel back but at least he can make amends the best he can and hope that the consequences of his actions that will come from it aren't too harsh. I hope they aren't.

Baylor and TCU (and especially Texas Tech, who has an even better offense, but sports the second worst run defense in FBS) both have crappy defenses. The reason why Oklahoma won the Big-12 is because it was the most balanced, and actually had a defense of minor repute.

They won the Big 12 because they were lucky enough to play Baylor and TCU without their starting Quarterbacks lol!

Thanks. The question is, did they look minor league because they are minor league, or because Bama is that good? I think it is the latter.

Alabama is good but they can be beat. The Spartans neutralized the AL running back most of the game and had the chance to get on top of them but the Spartan offense couldn't score. Obviously, a lot of that had to do with the AL defense; that said, I just wasn't impressed with the Spartan offense. They arguably have/had the weakest offense of any of the four playoff contenders.

Clemson will be a better test for AL. And I think a healthy Sooner team could have at least kept it interesting with AL lol. Unfortunately for them, they were down to their 3rd string running back in ther loss to Clemson.

The best team who are wasn't there, because of injuries, was Baylor.

Alabama is good but they can be beat. The Spartans neutralized the AL running back most of the game and had the chance to get on top of them but the Spartan offense couldn't score. Obviously, a lot of that had to do with the AL defense; that said, I just wasn't impressed with the Spartan offense. They arguably have/had the weakest offense of any of the four playoff contenders.

Clemson will be a better test for AL. And I think a healthy Sooner team could have at least kept it interesting with AL lol. Unfortunately for them, they were down to their 3rd string running back in ther loss to Clemson.

The best team who are wasn't there, because of injuries, was Baylor.

Alabama didn't try to run much. Apparently they knew MSU was going to focus on stopping the run, so they passed.

Alabama didn't try to run much. Apparently they knew MSU was going to focus on stopping the run, so they passed.

They passed because the Spartans took away the run lol. Spartans we're probably the weakest team of the bunch. The Buckeyes would have been a better match up out of the Big Ten. But they got knocked out. They need to expand the playoffs to 8 teams so they can more of the better teams in.

They passed because the Spartans took away the run lol. Spartans we're probably the weakest team of the bunch. The Buckeyes would have been a better match up out of the Big Ten. But they got knocked out. They need to expand the playoffs to 8 teams so they can more of the better teams in.

Ohio State is stronger than MSU? Funny that OSU couldn't prove that when they played them.

And Bama was passing before they even tried to run the ball. Henry didn't touch the ball in the first series. In the first 2 series (both ending in punts) there were 7 passing plays and 3 running plays.

Bama played the Big10 Conference champions. Claiming that another Big 10 team would do better is ridiculous. You win your conference, you get to move on.

Back