A good example of why southern conservatives are not trusted.

Now it seems that you're against businesses.
If you want to be real, take a look at this reality.
A complany has the right to recoup it's expenditures and to make a profite. That way they can continue to look for ways to make improvements in the drug market. Your proposal would more then likely put an end to private companies dong any research.

Your solution would then force people to go to the system that you decry; ergo: "pay or suffer".

You now appear to be a hypocrite.

Don't worry about the end of private companies doing research. This is the same silly argument similar to people saying universal medical will destroy private clinics.

There will always, always, always be people looking to make money. Research will be continuing. Maybe not on the same level but what is that level anyway? How many new drugs have come on the market? New, not new and improved.

Ever listen to a drug being advertized? The list of side effects take up the entire commercial. Like I said drug companies pump out drugs like a greasy pimp.

When a revolutionary drug is discovered it will sell. Not to worry. And governments with universal plans will cover it if it results in a better life for the citizens because the citizens will demand it.

Don't worry about the end of private companies doing research. This is the same silly argument similar to people saying universal medical will destroy private clinics.

There will always, always, always be people looking to make money. Research will be continuing. Maybe not on the same level but what is that level anyway? How many new drugs have come on the market? New, not new and improved.

Ever listen to a drug being advertized? The list of side effects take up the entire commercial. Like I said drug companies pump out drugs like a greasy pimp.

When a revolutionary drug is discovered it will sell. Not to worry. And governments with universal plans will cover it if it results in a better life for the citizens because the citizens will demand it.

YAWN

You're just upset; because you've been caught in your own hypocrisy and now you're just trying to spin this to your advantage. :good4u:

Most is what??

50.01%??
55%??
75%??
In excess of 90% of the research on new drugs in this country is produced by our publicly funded State University System or by NIH organizations. Big Pharma, in fact, is lousy at innovation. What they are real good at is developing "Me Too" drugs (Their version of new drugs. For example Statin drugs were developed by publically funded research after which big pharma developed and patented their version of these statins, e.g. Mevacor, Lipitor, Provachol, Chrestor, etc.), obtaining patent monopolies and then succesfully defending those monopolies against competition.

In excess of 90% of the research on new drugs in this country is produced by our publicly funded State University System or by NIH organizations. Big Pharma, in fact, is lousy at innovation. What they are real good at is developing "Me Too" drugs (Their version of new drugs. For example Statin drugs were developed by publically funded research after which big pharma developed and patented their version of these statins, e.g. Mevacor, Lipitor, Provachol, Chrestor, etc.), obtaining patent monopolies and then succesfully defending those monopolies against competition.

Since you're so much better at this, then I am, do the University's get any of their investment back??

and more than likely that revolutionary drugs basic research will have been publicaly funded.

YAWN

You're just upset; because you've been caught in your own hypocrisy and now you're just trying to spin this to your advantage. :good4u:

No hypocrisy at all. This idea of the poor drug companies is nonsense. There will always be people looking to make a quick buck even if it is off the misery of others. Don't let it worry you.

Since you're so much better at this, then I am, do the University's get any of their investment back??
You've phrased the question incorrectly. It should be "Does the public get a return on it's investment?" Hell yes it does.

When you think of public and private research it's silly to think of them as mutually exclusive and competing entities when the exact opposite is true. They are collaberative, compliment each other and have a synergy between them.

Public research is more often, slow, methodical and rigerous basic science. It tends to make the big discoveries and the more important inovations.

Private research tends to be quick and more efficient and tends to take basic research and rapidly integrates it into the market or into the public domain.

But again, neither is exclusionary. They both depend upon each other.

No hypocrisy at all. This idea of the poor drug companies is nonsense. There will always be people looking to make a quick buck even if it is off the misery of others. Don't let it worry you.

Your hypocrisy is that you keep promoting a health care plan; but you are OK with people being denied care from that same plan.

You've phrased the question incorrectly. It should be "Does the public get a return on it's investment?" Hell yes it does.

When you think of public and private research it's silly to think of them as mutually exclusive and competing entities when the exact opposite is true. They are collaberative, compliment each other and have a synergy between them.

Public research is more often, slow, methodical and rigerous basic science. It tends to make the big discoveries and the more important inovations.

Private research tends to be quick and more efficient and tends to take basic research and rapidly integrates it into the market or into the public domain.

But again, neither is exclusionary. They both depend upon each other.

You're the one that stated Universities.
Do they or do they not get a return??

I think the only person I've ever neg repped is USF for making an incredibly bad pun that I was jealous I hadn't thought of.

Initially, all I would do was pos rep him every time he neg repped me, which was many, many times. You reach a point where you hear the same whining, condescending, holier than thou tone of his posts for over 9 years and you just have enough.

Initially, all I would do was pos rep him every time he neg repped me, which was many, many times. You reach a point where you hear the same whining, condescending, holier than thou tone of his posts for over 9 years and you just have enough.

Now now now...be honest!

Any neg rep you got was in response to civil little nuggets of joy like these:

usaloyal2theend:
"shut the fuck up"
"you are one bitter asshole"
"fucking loser.
"

If you had been capable of debate without using a constant stream of the most sickening vulgarity, then maybe the neg rep could have been avoided...but NOOOOOOOOOO!

You will not find one use of the f-bomb by me on these boards, because I am capable of keeping a civil tongue in my head. Something disloyal is incapable of.

Now now now...be honest!

usaloyal2theend:
"shut the fuck up"
"fucking loser.
"

If you had been capable of debate without using a constant stream of the most sickening vulgarity, then maybe the neg rep could have been avoided...but NOOOOOOOOOO!

You will not find one use of the f-bomb by me on these boards, because I am capable of keeping a civil tongue in my head. Something disloyal is incapable of.

So you neg repped your liberal pals who use the f-bomb too?...(rhetorical question) you BIG FAT FUCKING SELF-RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITE :cof1:

ZAPASS~the self appointed board monitoring hypocrite cry-baby

Now now now...be honest!

usaloyal2theend:
"shut the fuck up"
"fucking loser.
"

With you, that will never be possible, fuckwad.

Back