A good example of why southern conservatives are not trusted.

Is this how you got so shit-assed negative rep? :lol:

Nope...just got sick of the petty rep circle jerks going on here so I had grind gimme a million neg rep to take me out of your game.

Too bad...LOL...drag my rep down all you want now.

Last edited:
Nope...just got sick of the petty rep circle jerks going on here so I had grind gimme a million neg rep to take me out of your game.

Yeah. Edit that baby Zapless. Shows this ain't gettin' to you at all!

cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

No-no; just like you support a "panel" deciding what something else should be sold for, you should support a panel here deciding if your worth what you're getting.

Otherwise, you're just full of hot air.

I've told you I'm not worth what I get. I sold property which increased greatly in value and I did absolutely nothing to warrant that increase. I just happened to own property where developers wanted to invest.

It was a nice area but quite poor. Close to downtown. The St. Lawrence river at the end of the street. Parks. Bike paths. Three blocks from the subway. A couple of blocks from supermarkets and other stores but on a quiet side street.

Condo developers came in and the land value soared. Three times what I paid and considering they were rental properties it was the tenants rents that actually paid the mortgage anyway.

That's why, when I sold both buildings, I couldn't understand my family/friends ranting about the unfairness of my having to pay capital gains tax. Why should I mind paying tax on money I didn't even work for?

Sure, it was a chunk of change but I never worked for the money in the first place. My lawyer said it was like I won a lottery. Do you think it's fair for people to b!tch about taxes when they get an unexpected windfall? I don't. I guess there's a limit to my greed. Is there a limit to yours?

I've told you I'm not worth what I get. I sold property which increased greatly in value and I did absolutely nothing to warrant that increase. I just happened to own property where developers wanted to invest.

It was a nice area but quite poor. Close to downtown. The St. Lawrence river at the end of the street. Parks. Bike paths. Three blocks from the subway. A couple of blocks from supermarkets and other stores but on a quiet side street.

Condo developers came in and the land value soared. Three times what I paid and considering they were rental properties it was the tenants rents that actually paid the mortgage anyway.

That's why, when I sold both buildings, I couldn't understand my family/friends ranting about the unfairness of my having to pay capital gains tax. Why should I mind paying tax on money I didn't even work for?

Sure, it was a chunk of change but I never worked for the money in the first place. My lawyer said it was like I won a lottery. Do you think it's fair for people to b!tch about taxes when they get an unexpected windfall? I don't. I guess there's a limit to my greed. Is there a limit to yours?

Thanks for posting all this info, again; but it wasn't what the discussion was about, now was it.

No spinning

Are you willing to let a panel of posters, from this board, decide how much you should be getting??

where did you get the other million?....

Million?

This looks like 2 billion, 147 million, 483 thousand, 647 points to me...

Hahahahahaaaaaaa!

Must be the "I Despise Zappa To Distraction Fan Club" Damo has working behind the scenes when he's doing the upgrades late at night!

Thanks for posting all this info, again; but it wasn't what the discussion was about, now was it.

No spinning

Are you willing to let a panel of posters, from this board, decide how much you should be getting??

If I was supplying a necessary service to people, absolutely. Well, not just the folks on this board but a responsible panel. Let's not forget doctors are not obliged to work for the government. Like any other "contractor" the person paying decides on how much they'll pay.

If I was supplying a necessary service to people, absolutely. Well, not just the folks on this board but a responsible panel. Let's not forget doctors are not obliged to work for the government. Like any other "contractor" the person paying decides on how much they'll pay.

But what would be wrong with a panel of posters deciding what you should be receiving??

The "neg rep circle jerk"? You neg rep and get neg repped back and now you whine about it??? LOL you big ol' fat baby!:pke:

And the drug companies aren't "WORKING" for the Government.
Thanks for finally proving my point.
It is appreciated.

Huh? I think you're confused.

Try and follow along. The drug company makes a product. With universal medical the government tells the drug company it will pay for the pills if citizens require them but will pay a certain price. The drug company has a choice. Either they sell the pills at the price the government wants to pay or they don't sell the pills at that price and the government does not pay for them.

How more straightforward can it be?

Do you suggest the drug company charge what it wants and force the government to buy them?

Huh? I think you're confused.

Try and follow along. The drug company makes a product. With universal medical the government tells the drug company it will pay for the pills if citizens require them but will pay a certain price. The drug company has a choice. Either they sell the pills at the price the government wants to pay or they don't sell the pills at that price and the government does not pay for them.

How more straightforward can it be?

Do you suggest the drug company charge what it wants and force the government to buy them?

So under the Government's plan, the Government would deny people medication.
GEE, what a great system.

So under the Government's plan, the Government would deny people medication.
GEE, what a great system.

Not at all. People are free to buy whatever medication they want. Do you think a drug company should hold the government hostage? A drug company manufactures a new drug and then demands the government pay whatever price the drug company decides?

Your logic is absurd.

Not at all. People are free to buy whatever medication they want. Do you think a drug company should hold the government hostage? A drug company manufactures a new drug and then demands the government pay whatever price the drug company decides?

Your logic is absurd.

Now you're just playing antics with semantics.

If the Government has an insurance policy and denies those on the insurance a specific drug; then in your own words, they are making them "pay or suffer".

That sure is compassionate of you.

Back