Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

The head armorer of 'Rust' once gave an 11-year-old actress a gun without checking it properly

She should have never been hired!! Who hired her,,, Baldwin?

I had not heard that but I am wondering if a green 24 year old woman armorer was getting pushed around, told to do things that were not safe, and she did them. For instance maybe she knew that the cart should be watched constantly to make sure nobody placed rounds in the guns, and maybe she knew that this was not happening, and she went along with it.

She seems to have not said a word yet....what she knows is sure to be interesting....and ya maybe she missed the round and the AD did not look....maybe it had rounds in it because it had recently been used by the crew for fun and she missed one because she was 12 days onto a shoot where people say they were working up to 18 hours a day (I suspect that this is an exaggeration).

Rust star Jensen Ackles paid tribute to cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, who died Thursday after being injured when a prop gun was discharged by actor Alec Baldwin on the set of the indie film, on Instagram, calling her an “inspiration.”

“I’m not even sure where to start,” he posted on Instagram. “This has been a tragedy of epic proportions that we are all still processing.”

Ackles, who sent his condolences to Hutchins’ husband, Matthew, and 9-year-old son, shared a story from the set.

“Earlier last week I felt compelled to tell Halyna just how awesome I thought she was,” he wrote. “I told her how incredible I thought her camera shots were and just how exciting it was to watch her and her team work. Truly. She laughed and said thank you and gave me a hug. I’ll forever be thankful we had that moment. She had a spunk and passion that infected the entire crew from the top down. She was an inspiration.”

Ackles’ added that he and his wife, Danneel, donated to Halyna Hutchins Memorial Scholarship Fund established by the American Film Institute. (Hutchins graduated from the distinguished AFI Conservatory in 2015.) The couple also donated to the GoFundMe fundraiser organized by ICG Local 600 to support Hutchins’ husband and son. He also shared the links to each.

“There just aren’t enough words to express what an immense loss this is,” Ackles wrote.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...en-ackles-tribute-halyna-hutchins-1235036190/

This rubs me the wrong way....the set was a shit show....and watch the star pretend it all away as he brags about sending some money.

The woman who was killed was Russian and conservative. Accident???? Hmmmmmmmm

Arkansided possibly?????....................:thinking:

The cinematographer who was shot and killed by actor Alec Baldwin with a prop gun on Thursday was married to a corporate lawyer employed by a law firm involved in defending an attorney who worked with the 2016 campaign of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Matt Hutchins, the husband of Halyna Hutchins who died shortly after she was shot by Baldwin, is employed in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins, the law firm representing Michael Sussmann, who was charged in mid-September by special counsel John Durham with one count of lying to the FBI.

Matt Hutchins joined the law firm earlier this year after serving as an in-house attorney at an entertainment company and practiced at Kirkland & Ellis and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, according to his LinkedIn profile.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legal...im-was-wife-latham-watkins-lawyer-2021-10-22/

You said he didn't aim at her. How did the bullet hit her then?

I thought he was supposed to aim at the camera?!

We talked about this today. Motherfucker! Ain't no way a bullet from a pistol would go through a Hollywood camera lens.

The lenses on Hollywood cameras are 4" thick of glass.

They're like square and 6" or so and then the glass horizontally is parabolic and 4" thick.

I don't care what kind of pistol you fired at it, no pistols could go through glass like that.
Might would bust it up, but it would take more than a revolver full of bullets to go through a Hollywood camera lens.
That motherfucker pointed a gun at a human being and pulled the trigger.

I think on purpose. Robert Blake style.

Last edited:
I thought he was supposed to aim at the camera?!

We talked about this today. Motherfucker! Ain't no way a bullet from a pistol would go through a Hollywood camera lens.

The lenses on Hollywood cameras are 4" thick of glass.

They're like square and 6" or so and then the glass horizontally is parabolic and 4" thick.

I don't care what kind of pistol you fired at it, no pistols could go through glass like that.
Might would bust it up, but it would take more than a revolver full of bullets to go through a Hollywood camera lens.
How does light get through them.

Back