Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

Prop master Lucien Charles, who has worked on shows like "The Blacklist," "FBI: Most Wanted" and "Saturday Night Live," said that "negligence" allowed a live round to get into the gun on the set of Alec Baldwin's film, "Rust"

"That should never have happened. The guns are always checked or need to have checked and that should not have happened," Charles told CNN.

Charles said that there should "never" be a live round on set.

In terms of how movie sets handle having guns on the premises, Charles said "there's a lot of checks and balances."

"The prop master gets the gun from a vendor. If the armorer is involved, they'll get the gun and check it. When it's off set, there's a safety check, bring your crew around with the AD (assistant director), go over the gun with the actors and any crew members interested in seeing the gun. Then it's handled off from the prop master to the actor and that's where it ends right there."

Not just someone. It was the person who was in charge of ammunition. It was an expert in arms, which Baldwin was not. That was the person with responsibility. You must understand that. It is so simple and obvious. You are trying to make Baldwin guilty because he is a lefty. If Trump did it, you would be blaming others.

Well, no, Nordy.

It will be the courts who determine the guilt and liability of the known and admitted, killer, Baldwin.

There are more who have liability.

"We need some help a director and a camera woman have been shot," a woman told the operator. "I was sitting, we were rehearsing and it went off, and I ran out, we all ran out."

It will be the courts who determine the guilt and liability of the known and admitted, killer, Baldwin.

Twat. He hasn't been charged.

Do we know the identities of the killers of the Afghan family of ten yet ? You'll want a prosecution, won't you Earl ?

Haw, haw, haw, haw........................haw.

Civil court does not involve charges, criminal court does.

There will probably be multiple civil court cases and a few criminal court cases.

Multiple lawyers getting wealthier.

Being against NRA is not being anti gun. Do not know why people are confused about that.

While factually correct, as in that could happen, that degree of ambivalence toward an organization like the NRA seems illogical. At the risk of opening a can of worms, take planned parenthood for example. People(men AND women for our purposes)on the left with absolutely no investment in the abortion issue at all will examine a candidate's relationship with planned parenthood to determine if their interests are going to be protected by that candidate in a hostile congress. Same with the NRA. If a Trumpian candidate comes along that checks every box for me, but he votes with the democrats on 2nd amendment issues and believes the NRA should be run out of town on a rail, I'm not voting for the guy. How can I expect any of my other constitutional rights to be respected?

The NRA is basically a rights organization. It exists primarily to advocate for one of the most distasteful and divisive issues in modern American history. I would think if you're pro-gun but anti NRA, you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot.

The assistant director on the movie “Rust,” who handed a prop gun to Alec Baldwin before the fatal shooting last week, was previously fired from a film production after a gun incident injured a crew member, the movie’s production company told CNN.

Dave Halls was serving as assistant director on the film “Freedom’s Path” in 2019, when a gun “unexpectedly discharged” on set, causing a sound crew member to recoil from the blast, halting production, the production company Rocket Soul Studios said Monday.

The sound crew member was evaluated by an on-set medic and advised to seek medical treatment. The crew member returned to the production a few days later, Rocket Soul said.

Following the incident, Halls was removed from the set and fired from the production, the company said.
https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/live-news/rust-shooting-alec-baldwin-10-25-21/index.html

Figures.

While factually correct, as in that could happen, that degree of ambivalence toward an organization like the NRA seems illogical. At the risk of opening a can of worms, take planned parenthood for example. People(men AND women for our purposes)on the left with absolutely no investment in the abortion issue at all will examine a candidate's relationship with planned parenthood to determine if their interests are going to be protected by that candidate in a hostile congress. Same with the NRA. If a Trumpian candidate comes along that checks every box for me, but he votes with the democrats on 2nd amendment issues and believes the NRA should be run out of town on a rail, I'm not voting for the guy. How can I expect any of my other constitutional rights to be respected?

The NRA is basically a rights organization. It exists primarily to advocate for one of the most distasteful and divisive issues in modern American history. I would think if you're pro-gun but anti NRA, you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot.

I was about to bring up the Planned Parenthood. You get my meaning. Being against some organizations does not mean you are against particular things.

Alec is being against NRA's influence in politics. Even if a person is pro-choice, he/she can still be against certain pro-choice groups influencing politics.

Lining up the pockets of politicians is not the way to go. It's anti democracy.

Prop master Lucien Charles, who has worked on shows like "The Blacklist," "FBI: Most Wanted" and "Saturday Night Live," said that "negligence" allowed a live round to get into the gun on the set of Alec Baldwin's film, "Rust"

"That should never have happened. The guns are always checked or need to have checked and that should not have happened," Charles told CNN.

Charles said that there should "never" be a live round on set.

In terms of how movie sets handle having guns on the premises, Charles said "there's a lot of checks and balances."

How 'bout that? Actual facts. It's so refreshing, after an entire thread of "he's a liberal - send him to jail."

Really thoughtful analysis and comparison.

I am VERY pro 2nd amendment, but I do not support the NRA. They stand for that right, but they have taken it to an extreme (imo).

They'd have better footing if they could understand the other side's concerns more, and incorporate that. And I'm not talking about rabid anti-gunners - just folks who support gun rights, but also want to see it regulated. It's a mistake to see every measure as a slippery slope.

This is the AD in question.

qsF4l5Y.jpg

The assistant director on the movie “Rust,” who handed a prop gun to Alec Baldwin before the fatal shooting last week, was previously fired from a film production after a gun incident injured a crew member, the movie’s production company told CNN.

Dave Halls was serving as assistant director on the film “Freedom’s Path” in 2019, when a gun “unexpectedly discharged” on set, causing a sound crew member to recoil from the blast, halting production, the production company Rocket Soul Studios said Monday.

The sound crew member was evaluated by an on-set medic and advised to seek medical treatment. The crew member returned to the production a few days later, Rocket Soul said.

Following the incident, Halls was removed from the set and fired from the production, the company said.

“Halls was removed from set immediately after the prop gun discharged. Production did not resume filming until Dave was off site. An incident report was taken and filed at that time,” it said.

Law enforcement waiting for coroner’s report to help determine what killed Halyna Hutchins
From CNN’s Josh Campbell

Santa Fe County Sheriff’s department investigators are still waiting on the forensic report from the coroner’s office which they hope will identify the type of projectile that killed Halyna Hutchins, according to a law enforcement source close the investigation.

Hutchins died and and director Joel Souza was injured after actor Alec Baldwin discharged a prop firearm on the set of the movie "Rust" on Thursday.

Production on "Rust" to pause indefinitely
From CNN's Chloe Melas

In a letter to the cast and crew of "Rust" sent Sunday, the production team behind the project announced it would pause work on the New Mexico set of the movie "at least until the investigations are complete."

"Our hearts are with all of you, as we all go through this tragic time and mourn the loss of our colleague and dear friend, Halyna Hutchins," the letter from The Rust Production Team — obtained by CNN — began. "We are family and we must stand beside each other as families do in difficult times. We remain in close touch with Halyna’s family and commend the strength they show in the face of unspeakable tragedy. It is beyond an inspiration."

The production team said they are cooperating with the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office investigation and conducting an internal review of safety protocols.

Do you know the details of the case? The investigation? Do you know what a cross draw is? Do you know what a rehearsal is? Do you know if he intended to aim at her?

If so, you're a bona fide psychic and should work for the police.

No, but I do know the first thing about firearms safety. Make damn sure the thing is not loaded if you point it in the general direction of any person. I taught it for over 20 years.

Back