Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

That's what you get when you let an idiot have a gun...

Don't let your political hatred make yourself out to making comments that are just stupid.

Politics have nothing to do with a prop gun firing a projectile!

Prop guns are supposed to be regulated and professionally managed ever since Brandon Lee was killed on set by a prop gun.

You just hate Alec Baldwin because he did skits as Donald Trump- YOUR GOD- on SNL! That's political dude! What? No sense of humor perhaps!

All presidents are punked and the butt end of jokes and skits on SNL- even Biden my friend! No one is immune to that just because they are DONALD TRUMP!

GROW UP! Reminds me of the banning of French Fries or the Dixie Chicks for similar BRAIN FARTS of the past.

Your politics is overwhelming your common sense to be able to assess things reasonably.

Last edited:
Alec Baldwin is a hypocrite for ever touching a firearm in the first place. As stated earlier, forget what I said about guns, just send me the money. He is a clueless asshole.

Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun on a set in New Mexico on Thursday, accidentally killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

The incident occurred on the set of “Rust,” an independent feature that was filming at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, a popular production location south of Santa Fe.

Hutchins, 42, was transported by helicopter to University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque, where she died. Souza, 48, was taken by ambulance to Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center in Santa Fe, where he was receiving emergency care.

The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s office said in a statement that Hutchins and Souza “were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer and actor.”

No one was arrested in the incident, and no charges have been filed, the office said. Detectives were interviewing witnesses, and the incident remains under an “open and active” investigation, according to the Sheriff’s office.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alec-baldwin-rust-incident-santa-fe-1235094931/

Why is this big news? Stupid. How many people were killed today intentionally with a real gun?

I don’t like Alec Baldwin’s politics. Can’t stand them. But I will in no way believe that he has deliberately killed someone in such a way. What a tragedy and how badly he must feel.

Kudos, and agreed.

See this, other JPP conservatives? I swear, we used to have more comments like this one, from both sides. We're hitting rock bottom in terms of discourse these days.

Once again. Baldwin proves that he is one of the most stupid, arrogant and reckless people on the planet.
1. Why was he allowed to handle a firearm without knowing RULE NUMBER ONE about firearms?
2. Why was he pointing it at a film crew?
3. Why did he pull the trigger while pointing the gun at the film crew?

Also, regarding the police that were called to the scene:4. Why didn't they arrest Baldwin?

Wow, Jim! You truly solved the case!!! Now go to the authorities and explain this to them with your vast knowledge and experience!

Is Spielberg 100% responsible for the deaths in a helicopter crash while it was being filmed?

Was he the pilot?

Was it human error "accident" or a mechanical issue

HUMAN ERROR......Kim Potter, the Minnesota cop who ""THOUGHT"" she was pointing a Taser at Daunte Wright last year. she by accident pulled her gun and fatally shot him. And it wasn't called an "accident," it was called "first degree manslaughter."

Baldwin did not check his gun when it was handed to him. He should have known enough to check for live ammunition and not hire out his responsibility for gun safety.

Never handle a firearm you haven’t checked yourself.

Is Spielberg 100% responsible for the deaths in a helicopter crash while it was being filmed?

False equivalence. Baldwin was in violation of NM statute.

NM Stat § 30-7-4 (2015)
30-7-4. Negligent use of a deadly weapon.

A. Negligent use of a deadly weapon consists of:

(1) discharging a firearm into any building or vehicle or so as to knowingly endanger a person or his property;

(2) carrying a firearm while under the influence of an intoxicant or narcotic;

(3) endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner; or

(4) discharging a firearm within one hundred fifty yards of a dwelling or building, not including abandoned or vacated buildings on public lands during hunting seasons, without the permission of the owner or lessees thereof.

WHOOPS

He further explained that Hollywood propmasters will “only put the amount of blanks into the gun that are meant to be shot in the scene... They’re pretty strict, they’ll always yell out, ‘Gun is hot!’ before they hand it over to the actor.”

Bays said the Rust shoot was “lower budget” and used a local crew that didn’t include any of his union members. There are only two major armorers in Los Angeles that provide modified prop guns for the entire country, he said, and “a proper round would not work in any of those guns.”

“I don’t know where this gun could’ve come from, if it came from a private owner and wasn’t fitted for entertainment weaponry?” Bays said. “That’s a possibility, but I have no clue.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-...ental-shooting-of-halyna-hutchins-on-rust-set

Baldwin is the producer and hired non union ....Baldwin is 100% at fault here

Baldwin hired non union gun handlers because union gun handlers were threatening a strike and Baldwin didn’t want to delay production. So he hired scabs instead.

False equivalence. Baldwin was in violation of NM statute.

NM Stat § 30-7-4 (2015)
30-7-4. Negligent use of a deadly weapon.

A. Negligent use of a deadly weapon consists of:

(1) discharging a firearm into any building or vehicle or so as to knowingly endanger a person or his property;

(2) carrying a firearm while under the influence of an intoxicant or narcotic;

(3) endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner; or

(4) discharging a firearm within one hundred fifty yards of a dwelling or building, not including abandoned or vacated buildings on public lands during hunting seasons, without the permission of the owner or lessees thereof.

It's a prop gun so nope.

Its sad that it happened but if it had to happen I'm glad it happened to Baldwin. He is a class a jerk. But too bad it happened at all. Someone really screwed up bad.

Baldwin did not check his gun when it was handed to him. He should have known enough to check for live ammunition and not hire out his responsibility for gun safety.

Never handle a firearm you haven’t checked yourself.

What makes you think he didn't? Are you psychic?

Back