Another art school closes.

Hey nice class photo you took...

R.bf13800f507715f795b4e4cc574ccd0a
McDonalds pays new regional executes about $200k.

Look, I adore artists, I simply dont think that an art degree is useful for much beyond being a shill for fraudulent modern art or to become an unpaid lackey at a museum.
The commercial arts are in high demand.

A good artist can easily expect $100k+ within two years of graduating, as long as he is willing to commercialize his art, and produce well.

There was a time when an artist could show up at an office, do his commercial art, and have the rest taken care of by the employer's staff. These days the artist is more likely to be freelance, and expected to take care of the lot of the other parts of running a business. That means that artists need more balanced educations.

Those academic courses can more easily be taught in a school that has both art and non-art majors.

There was a time when an artist could show up at an office, do his commercial art, and have the rest taken care of by the employer's staff. These days the artist is more likely to be freelance, and expected to take care of the lot of the other parts of running a business. That means that artists need more balanced educations.

Those academic courses can more easily be taught in a school that has both art and non-art majors.
For example, Yale has a respected art school. However, academies like CalArts or RISD produce more professional artists.

For example, Yale has a respected art school. However, academies like CalArts or RISD produce more professional artists.
Another problem is the for-profit art schools. They are/were terrible. For-profit schools are usually terrible, but removing the academic parts of the school made it impossible to gain any metrics on how bad for-profit art schools were.

Now throw in the fact that art schools often have generic names, and it becomes easy to confuse The Art Institutes with University of the Arts.

Another problem is the for-profit art schools. They are/were terrible. For-profit schools are usually terrible, but removing the academic parts of the school made it impossible to gain any metrics on how bad for-profit art schools were.

Now throw in the fact that art schools often have generic names, and it becomes easy to confuse The Art Institutes with University of the Arts.
Yes, I certainly think the for profit art schools were a scam.

I am a huge supporter of trade schools, but there are no 25 year olds with trade "degrees" that are in the top 1%.

The top 1% has $819,324 or more income. Even if a trade school graduate had a business, they would need $820k+ in profits (beyond revenue).

A degree would be given by a trade school if it were paired with a college. A trade school not paired with a college would not give a degree. Had he gotten a degree, he would have been able to figure out he is not in the top 1%. It probably would have done him some good.
Many community colleges give trade degrees that are the equivalent of an associate's. That's what your typical trade degree is.

Many community colleges give trade degrees that are the equivalent of an associate's. That's what your typical trade degree is.
Exactly, community college combine a trade certificate with a liberal arts associate degree. It is an excellent combination.

The paintings I saw attributed to Hitler were fine, typical first year stuff.
The biggest reason he was rejected was he painted landscapes and buildings without people in the pictures. His inability to draw and paint the human form was sufficient for rejection.

The biggest reason he was rejected was he painted landscapes and buildings without people in the pictures. His inability to draw and paint the human form was sufficient for rejection.
Every art school teaches rendering techniques. Not hard.

Back