Another art school closes.

It's all you really need for a trade in most cases.
A trade school certificate is a very limited education. It gives you enough information to do only a trade, and only now. You probably want enough to understand fields beyond your trade, and the ability to learn more beyond the current trade.

The trade people who can run a business(beyond their trade), and can learn how to do new things(beyond their current trade) will do best.

The biggest reason he was rejected was he painted landscapes and buildings without people in the pictures. His inability to draw and paint the human form was sufficient for rejection.
Gardner gets one right.

I will add that I have never fully figured out if Hitler was unable or unwilling to paint human forms. I almost think he did not consider humans important to a painting.

Whole purpose of art school is to learn.
I think art school could have made a good commercial artist out of Hitler. He was willing to make commercial art. We do not have copies of his commercial art, but we do know he got money for it.

The world would definitely be a better place if Hitler did anything other than what he did. I am not saying we should keep art schools open to prevent genocide, but education does reduce crime. It is the silver bullet to fixing society, which is why Republicans hate it so.

A trade school certificate is a very limited education. It gives you enough information to do only a trade, and only now. You probably want enough to understand fields beyond your trade, and the ability to learn more beyond the current trade.

The trade people who can run a business(beyond their trade), and can learn how to do new things(beyond their current trade) will do best.
With a trade, you make serious money and can always go back to school to take classes that interest you. You can do that without having to rack up huge debt. Many employers will even pay for you to go depending on the class you're taking.

My earliest trade job was doing industrial electrical work for a medium sized corporation. They didn't particularly care when I was there so long as everything worked and got fixed quickly. That meant I could go to college while I worked, made like $16 an hour back in the 80's (that'd be about $50 today. That's a good wage for somebody going to college.

This was the company:

With a trade, you make serious money and can always go back to school to take classes that interest you.
Serious money is a relative term. You first have to do some form of apprenticeship, whether formal or informal. Then after a few years you start making a middle class living.

When you do start making some money, you want some education to know what to do with that money. It really does not need to be a great education, just the ability to understand basic investment.

It is a strange fact that there are more school teacher millionaires than medical doctor millionaires. School teachers have enough education to be able to learn how to invest, and enough patients to do it right.

With a trade, you make serious money and can always go back to school to take classes that interest you.

I was thinking of "Joe the Plumber." For the sake of this debate, we should only look at his income before he became a media celebrity.

He complained that he might have to pay higher taxes if his business had profits of over $250k, except:

He had no business. He made $40k a year, with almost $40k of credit card debt from his gambling problem. There was no way he was going to start a plumbing business, much less get it to $250k a year of profit.

I am unsure whether he was lying, or whether he lacked the education to understand what the problems he was having were.

He is dead now. He did not get regular medical checkups, because he did not want to listen to egg head experts, and so no one caught his cancer until it was too late.

I guess $40k a year is better than working as a burger flipper... But not that much better. In fact, there are burger flippers making over $40k.

I like the movie Fame.
I dated two girls who went to the real life high school that movie/tv series is based on. One constantly complained about her lack of education in anything beyond dance, and the other used her fantastic education to get a biochemistry PHD from an Ivy League.

It turns out that school is what you make of it. If you go to PA and refuse to learn anything else, you better be really great at dance. If you go to PA and learn everything else too, then dance is just icing on the cake.

I dated two girls who went to the real life high school that movie/tv series is based on. One constantly complained about her lack of education in anything beyond dance, and the other used her fantastic education to get a biochemistry PHD from an Ivy League.
The biochemist developed a pesticide which wiped out the world's pollinators and the artist entertained the survivors of the human species.
' Usefulness ' is relative.

Haw, haw.............................................haw.

The biochemist developed a pesticide which wiped out the world's pollinators and the artist entertained the survivors of the human species.
' Usefulness ' is relative.

Haw, haw.............................................haw.
I didn't say anyone was useless. I will now. Most of the alt right is useless.

Gardner gets one right.

I will add that I have never fully figured out if Hitler was unable or unwilling to paint human forms. I almost think he did not consider humans important to a painting.
Lots of art is landscape.

With a trade, you make serious money and can always go back to school to take classes that interest you. You can do that without having to rack up huge debt. Many employers will even pay for you to go depending on the class you're taking.

My earliest trade job was doing industrial electrical work for a medium sized corporation. They didn't particularly care when I was there so long as everything worked and got fixed quickly. That meant I could go to college while I worked, made like $16 an hour back in the 80's (that'd be about $50 today. That's a good wage for somebody going to college.

This was the company:

Clearly you were poorly educated. And you lie constantly.

Rembrandt should have learned a practical trade. Who cares if we have his paintings?! Lots of people care who are not dumb asses with no concept of reality.

I have always wondered about Hitler's missing postcard art.

I think Hitler had some talent, and probably would have been reasonably good with some more training.
I have seen some of his paintings. Quite competent and typical of students who enter an art school.

Back