Are you better off today then you were 4 years ago?

Food, gas and housing are higher thanks to the greed of PRIVATE CORPORATIONS and HOMEOWNERS.

Say it with me...

Biden can't control how much private oil companies and grocery chains charge for their product.

Biden's war on fossil fuel has helped reduce people who invest in oil. That drives production costs up. Who you invest in a company that the government is trying to put out of business. Higher Energy drives the cost of everything up.
Food production relies on fossil fuel to run tractors and harvesting equipment. Farmers rely on fertilizer which is made from fossil fuels.Then food is shipped across the country. So Rising energy costs shows up with the cost of food to the consumer.

4 years ago unemployment was 13% and the civilian work force was down by 20 million. Those 20 million unemployed workers are better off.

In July 2023, the LFP rate was 62.6%, which is almost a percentage point below its February 2020 level before the pandemic. The pandemic caused a sharp drop in labor participation in 2020 as businesses closed and many people left the workforce temporarily. In 2022, more than 50 million workers quit their jobs, following 47.8 million in 2021.
https://www.frbsf.org/research-and-...-trends-in-the-labor-force-participation-rate

I'm way better off than I was 4 years ago, in every way imaginable.

I'm guessing the 15 million+ who are now working are better off, as well.

No, I am not better off than I was 4 years ago.

Did you inject disinfectant or ingest horse-dewormer four years ago?

tenor.gif

No, I am not better off than I was 4 years ago.

Really? Do you mean to tell me you were better off when the world was shutting down, people were out of work, people were dying in staggering numbers, and the future was uncertain? Were you high that entire time or something?

Good for you MILLIONS of Americans are not better off. :eyeroll:

Millions are, but many stupid as fuck people like you, have convinced themselves they are not.

Here’s the fucking truth, asswipe. Pick ANY four year period. Some will be better off. Some will not. It’s called life.

But, because of Trump’s major COVID fuckup, there are multiple tens of thousands of people who are not alive to even answer that question.

Stupid and simplistic. About the only concepts you are capable of grasping.

Is your family, is your community better off than four years ago, and I mean holistically...in total...is a higher quality question.

America is being burned to the ground so that UTOPIA can spring from the smoldering ashes...it is important that you notice.

Really? Do you mean to tell me you were better off when the world was shutting down, people were out of work, people were dying in staggering numbers, and the future was uncertain? Were you high that entire time or something?

Don't forget. MAGA morons lie like shit.

Is your family, is your community better off than four years ago, and I mean holistically...in total...is a higher quality question.

Once again, the answer is a resounding YES!

My family's net worth has increased over 20% in the last four years. My wife retired in 2022. I've been retired for 10 years. We travel, play PickleBall, go to concerts and ballgames.
Four years ago, my son and daughter lost their jobs. My cousin died from COVID-19.

You do the math, boy.

I know this much...

Before Biden I had more freedom to travel because gas prices were low, airlines hadn't yet become the onerous, expensive burden on a budget they are today, a Big Mac meal at Micky D's didn't cost $22, and going anywhere near our Southern border didn't necessarily require me toting a firearm the whole fucking time.

My net worth has gone up quite a bit, but that doesn't mitigate any of the above. The economy at the retail end of things sucks. Our nation is far less safe. The number of illegals in the country has more than doubled with Biden. Travel was far more accessible before Biden too. I can see the whole greentard thing Biden has pushed so hard as being an ongoing disaster that will continue beyond his leaving office. Four more years of that will doom the economy entirely.

So, no, things aren't better with Biden in office. The misery factor is much higher. I won't use the traditional misery index here, but rather persistent and continuous polling that shows roughly 2 out of 3 Americans think things pretty much suck like a Hoover vacuum cleaner under Biden.

The simple answer is inflation, as measured by the consumer price index, which is showing the fastest rate of price increases in nearly 40 years. To see how much economic pain that is causing, it’s useful to look at another economic measure from that earlier era – the misery index.

The misery index was created by Arthur Okun, a top economic adviser to President Lyndon Johnson. It became more widely known in the 1970s and early 1980s. It adds together two measures of economic pain – the unemployment rate and the CPI’s measure of inflation – to create a single number. The lower the number, the happier consumers – and voters – were likely to be. The higher, the more unhappy.

Right now the measure stands at a level Americans haven’t consistently seen since the Great Recession and the years that followed.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/08/economy/misery-index/index.html

It isn't just inflation, it's also regulation. Biden has tried to push the US into a "Green" economy. The results of that have been nothing short of disastrous. Yet, he, like the fool he is, persists in pushing this radical Leftist agenda down the public's throats, and they absolutely hate it.

Before Biden I had more freedom to travel because gas prices were low, airlines hadn't yet become the onerous, expensive burden on a budget they are today

Four years ago, I had to drive from the East Coast to Colorado, because air travel had become impossible. My employer spent a quarter a million dollars flying a fellow employee back from Toronto, a flight that would normally cost a thousandth of that cost.

Back