Are you better off today then you were 4 years ago?

1712152080662-png.1539530

But but but there were more mean Tweets. :sadbaby:

I love that you define 'owning a home and 401K and other investments' as being elitist, in todays America and you think those are the people 'losing'.

I think you and Damo would agree and get along well and it perfectly explains why you are not doing as well now, and think somehow that is 'winning'.

I am glad to not be included in what you define as 'winning' or 'elitist'.

you ARE included in what i define as elitist.

don't worry.

Really? Do you mean to tell me you were better off when the world was shutting down, people were out of work, people were dying in staggering numbers, and the future was uncertain? Were you high that entire time or something?

I was, my stuff didn't cost quite as much and my raises kept up with inflation, both of which did not happen with the Brandon Effect. Yes, I really was better off back then.

I was, my stuff didn't cost quite as much and my raises kept up with inflation, both of which did not happen with the Brandon Effect. Yes, I really was better off back then.

The inflation started partially because of the money we gave out. That started under Trump, lest we forget. It's also happening worldwide and the fact we are doing better than many countries in that regard should be accredited to Biden.

The inflation started partially because of the money we gave out. That started under Trump, lest we forget. It's also happening worldwide and the fact we are doing better than many countries in that regard should be accredited to Biden.

we're accustomed to American exceptionalism, so go fuck yourself.

:truestory:

Bullshit. It started when brandon reversed 90+ executive orders.

If you are better off today than you were 4 years ago you are either an illegal friend of biden or a Democrat politician.

Yes, much, much better. We don't have to wear masks or order online because we can safely shop in person. We can eat out whenever we want instead of getting takeout. Our investment portfolio has soared. Prices are higher but our social security checks have kept up with them. We now have fiber optic super fast Internet, thanks to Biden's infrastructure bill. It's a joy to live in the middle of this beautiful forested wilderness yet have well-maintained highways and roads to get to town. Oh town! It's booming, too. Lots of new businesses, shops, restaurants have opened in the last couple of years. We lost 2-3 small businesses during the pandemic, two of those due to the retirements of the owners. But many more have opened to replace them.

Best of all, the Trump Store went out of business in January 2020 and sits vacant, needing a yuge fumigation before it can be used again. Thanks for asking! :laugh:

Personal debt rising is often at its peak during the strongest economies. People are more confident in their jobs, raises and better job prospects and rising home equity and thus refinance and access, home equity loans and other forms of debt.

The gov't plays almost no role in those choices and is not to blame (nor should they get credit) for people personal choices to access increasing debt.

Conversely as people struggle financially avenues to get more debt are shut down to them.

I accept that.

For the vast majority of people their personal wealth is far more tied to home equity and Investment values and they are doing far better now.

For those more on the margins, and living pay check to pay check, it is tied more to fluctuation in consumer goods costs. Also those on the margins do not enjoy the rapidly rising wages as much as they do not have the skills to bargain or change jobs to take advantage of them.

You have a very common problem, amongst many of the poorer in the country Damo.

Bullshit. It started when brandon reversed 90+ executive orders.

No it didn't. And inflation was a global issue - which economists said was inevitable after COVID.

How could Biden's EO's start a global issue? Can you be more specific? Did all 90 of them cause global inflation?

That is two layers of thought beyond what Damo is capable of.

Despite the pretense he is a Trumper and that requires him ignore World Wide Inflation and blame it all on the 'Brandon Effect'. That demands he ignore the ENTIRE world is dealing with the same problem and some how, under Brandon, America has done better than any other nation.

it would be like blaming Trump for Covid getting into America, in the assumption it was possible for America to avoid it getting in, when the proper analysis was how America handled it under Trump compared to other nations (bottom tier results).

Trumpers refuse to acknowledge the Inflation part is world wide, and whether or not it was Brandon or any other leader, the costs of dealing with it would always be present. They refuse to acknowledge the way you SHOULD a nation and leader is by how well they dealt with it compared to peer nations and leaders.

I swear - whoever puts these together just says stuff.

Trump reduced legal immigration - but he didn't reduce illegal immigration. And "no woke"? What is that supposed to mean? The President doesn't control that, and there was plenty of "woke" while Trump was Prez.

America wasn't at war under Trump, and we're not at war under Biden.

And inflation was global, and inevitable after COVID.

Trump was a terrible President. One of the worst, if not the worst.

we're accustomed to American exceptionalism, so go fuck yourself.

No one cares about your definition of 'exceptionalism' when it includes not having home equity nor Investments and defines those as a negative in America.

No one cares about your definition of 'exceptionalism' when it includes not having home equity nor Investments and defines those as a negative in America.

nobody defines those as a negatve.

that's just some shit you made up.

nice try, gertrude, but you're still very dumb.

I swear - whoever puts these together just says stuff.

Trump reduced legal immigration - but he didn't reduce illegal immigration. And "no woke"? What is that supposed to mean? The President doesn't control that, and there was plenty of "woke" while Trump was Prez.

America wasn't at war under Trump, and we're not at war under Biden.

And inflation was global, and inevitable after COVID.

Trump was a terrible President. One of the worst, if not the worst.
There you go lying again.:palm:

How border apprehensions, ICE arrests and deportations have changed under Trump

If you are better off today than you were 4 years ago you are either an illegal friend of biden or a Democrat politician.
The 2024 election will answer that question...people Need change... They want America back for their kids and grandchildren...

I don't respond to you - for obvious reasons - but the link you provided doesn't address the actual flow of illegal immigrants into America. Which, if you look it up, stayed steady under Trump. Like I said - he did reduce legal immigration.

Carry on. It's unlikely I'll respond to you again, so all the best.

you just responded to him.

you don't understand that abandoning your role as confrontational busybody means good wins.

do you want good to win?

The question wasn't who I thought caused it, it was am I better off than I was back then. Though I will tell you, Brandon's first ask was money to throw at people increasing the chances for higher inflation. And pretending that when all money is attached to the dollar as the central currency of trade that it being "global" is not a certainty when the inflation rate in the US is so frikkin' high is just pretense. Saying "global" often is like saying Summer after someone says it is hot out.

Pretending the Brandon Effect doesn't exist doesn't change that it does exist, it only means you are not doing anything to change it.

My friend who owns a pawn shop in suburbia talks about how it has never been like this, he has more inventory than ever because more folks are bringing items in to pawn and never picking them up. Items he never has had in his particular shop are now a norm and he doesn't have room to put more stuff out. He tells me it has never been like this. Ask those folks whether they are better off now than they were 4 years ago and I'm guessing they'll also tell you no.

Whether you like it or not, the economy is largely a faith system, and the economy does better when the President isn't a dementia patient because people have faith that it will get better. At this time, there are more folks who do not think this guy has what it takes to turn this around. Your guy is less popular than a herpes infection while their guy is only less popular than measles. It isn't looking good for y'all at this point. Their guy should be well behind someone with a brain, but he isn't. Both parties put on a sack of weights before starting this marathon, we'll see which of you is in better shape overall.

Back