baby boomlet occuring in US

Family values are not the "wait until you have kids until you're fourty and finally secure in your career" argument. That's pro-materialism, not pro family.

That could also be considered just plain intelligent. Why not wait until you can offer the best possible for your children?

That could also be considered just plain intelligent. Why not wait until you can offer the best possible for your children?

The healthiest babies are born to young mothers. And there is value in not being an old codger when your children are young.

Your argument is an illuminati attempt to curtail the birth rates of well meaning responsible people. We should choose children over big homes, and expensive automobiles. As I said, it's pro-materialism, not pro-family. The powers that be want us spending money on things, not new people. They believe in an anti-human population control agenda.

The healthiest babies are born to young mothers. And there is value in not being an old codger when your children are young.

Your argument is an illuminati attempt to curtail the birth rates of well meaning responsible people. We should choose children over big homes, and expensive automobiles. As I said, it's pro-materialism, not pro-family. The powers that be want us spending money on things, not new people. They believe in an anti-human population control agenda.

Well i was assuming your comment about 40 yr olds having children was an exaggeration...I suppose that's what I get for giving benefit of the doubt. I am very aware that younger mothers make healthier babies, but that is viewing it strictly from a physical aspect. Are you taking into account maturity and experience?

Well i was assuming your comment about 40 yr olds having children was an exaggeration...I suppose that's what I get for giving benefit of the doubt. I am very aware that younger mothers make healthier babies, but that is viewing it strictly from a physical aspect. Are you taking into account maturity and experience?

Young mothers are perfectly capable of raising children. You're just desperate to justify your materialist, anti-human attitude.

That may be true in a simpler society, but not one as complex as our own.

No. It's true here. People just think they need more than they really do, and they're more concerned with status than families. One can choose simplicity and family values over ambition, greed, and childlessness.

No. You just end up losing because you abandon discussions in an unwarranted fit of self-righteousness.
I abandon a discussion if it has been abandoned by another poster by insulting or threatening me. When said poster proceeds more rationally, I may choose to re-join. :)

I abandon a discussion if it has been abandoned by another poster by insulting or threatening me. When said poster proceeds more rationally, I may choose to re-join. :)

But there can still valid points you left unanswered, even though you were also insulted. You don't win in that case. You just ran away like a pansy-boy.

You appear to be talking survival, and I am talking about success. My children are successful because I am able to provide them with the resources required in modern society: a stable family, safe neighborhood, decent schools, and lots of parental involvement. A teenage couple, and especially an unwed teen, would not be able to provide all that. That's not to say her child cannot be a success, but the chances are severely diminished.

Grandparents have a lot of maturity and wisdom. It's not such a bad thing. It takes a village.

Kinda hard for us old farts to keep up with them.
And not really fair to them. I see the pain in their eyes when they ask where is mommy ? do I have a daddy ?
I would much rather answer why the redneck has nuts on the back of his truck.

Back