Barter - only hope for freedom

Asshat, if you're such a fan of the barter system, do it. There's no one stopping you.

Heck he won't even stop shopping at Wally world.
Just all talk and no walk.

what would he have to barter anyway ? No one wants hot air.
Well maybe he could work as a heater in Montana in the winter ?

Heck he won't even stop shopping at Wally world.
Just all talk and no walk.

what would he have to barter anyway ? No one wants hot air.
Well maybe he could work as a heater in Montana in the winter ?

Don't be so jealous. Go brag about your stupid government contracts some more, fascist douche bag.

So, when nobody can get loans, and all the money based jobs go away. Should we just sit around until we die?

Hell no.

We can work and create without money. It's called the barter system and it is completely impervious to manipulation by fascist shitheads.

Read up on it, people, and step into the now.

You apparently don't advocate a barter system, since you point out that commodity backed money is good. Why do you insist on making your position sound stupid? A true barter system will not work.

You apparently don't advocate a barter system, since you point out that commodity backed money is good. Why do you insist on making your position sound stupid? A true barter system will not work.

The level of abstraction is too amenable to abuse, ie. they could SAY it's backed by gold, but then go ahead and print too much anyway. Backed money is better than fiat money, but barter is best, as it requires no central authority.

Why are you a douchebag?

No one is saying that the current system is without corruption.
But those who lost money in the current system at least have a chance to regain it.

If someone breaks into my home and steals my belongings, I have insurance to cover it. In a barter system I would be wiped out and have to start all over.

You should quit gambling, instead of expecting everyone else to bail you out when you bet on the wrong horse.

Past performance is not indicative of future returns. DId you read that part? Or were you counting on fascism to kick in?

You should quit gambling, instead of expecting everyone else to bail you out when you bet on the wrong horse.

Past performance is not indicative of future returns. DId you read that part? Or were you counting on fascism to kick in?

Life is always a gamble. I have always worked to minimize the risk without hiding from life.

I am comfortable and have provided for my kids and my wife.

I work hard to make sure the people working for my company do so safely.

If this is being a fascist, then sign me up.

Ahh yes you did not quite say that my apologies.

But barter is a local level thing only without some way to have a central authority to transfer funds.

Unless we go back to ap pure precious metal exchange system. Not money per sie but a by the ounce system.
I am sure AH can tell 18 carat gold from 24 carat.

Ahh yes you did not quite say that my apologies.

But barter is a local level thing only without some way to have a central authority to transfer funds.
There can still be shipping in a barter system.
Unless we go back to ap pure precious metal exchange system. Not money per sie but a by the ounce system.
I am sure AH can tell 18 carat gold from 24 carat.

Is this the conlusion you come to when hemmed in by your erroneous assumptions. I will not join in speculation based on idiotic preconditions.

so to ship my corn to pay for my kids college education I would have to trade some of it for diesel to pay for the shipping ? And tehn some of something the driver wants ? And something for the , well you get the idea.
I would rather just wire transfer funds.

and if the college does not want corn I would have to trade with someone else for something the college wants ? Who would have to....

so to ship my corn to pay for my kids college education I would have to trade some of it for diesel to pay for the shipping ? And tehn some of something the driver wants ? And something for the , well you get the idea.
I would rather just wire transfer funds.

The company could take care of the driver with an ongoing arrangement. You don't pay your driver with a separate check as it is now.

Quit being stupid.

Back