Biden is not our guy!

I don't support her because she's too typically progressive and supports policies she'll never be able to implement. As such, I feel she is just pandering to the naivete of young, inexperienced millenials and people who refuse to accept the reality that they can't have all the free goodies people like Harris tell them they can.

That is all standard Democratic Party platform stuff and which Biden is 100% in support of. I notice you didn't mention the other Progressive policies that Biden actually (and rightfully) doesn't support. Like free college tuition, free unlimited health care for everybody, reparations, a $15 minimum wage for everyone including 16 year old part time burger flippers, etc, etc.

Do you really think the majority of Americans support those policies?

I don't think so, nor do I support them.

I'm going to vote for Biden in the California primary. ;)

Many will stay home if their faction of the party isn’t represented in the election. I didn’t like Obama and I sat out in 2012.

The democrat party is split between moderate and radical. If I was a moderate democrat, I’d be really frustrated that they couldn’t do better than Old Joe. He talks and sounds more like a white supremacist than the supposed ‘white supremacists’ do lol. I can’t think of a single thing he’s accomplished after all his decades in DC. But Joe is the establishment’s guy [he might as well have ESTABLISHMENT tattooed on his forehead] so he’s got the pundit class and liberal media in his corner.

On the other side [with maybe two or three exceptions] are the loons. These aren’t the democrats best days .

I don’t think so, this will be more driven by love or hate for Trump than the Democrat.

Yet, Trump is closer to Reagan than either of them.

I've heard others try to make that argument but count me as one who does not agree. Comparing the two could be it's own discussion so I won't get into it now but I see major differences between the two.

I've heard others try to make that argument but count me as one who does not agree. Comparing the two could be it's own discussion so I won't get into it now but I see major differences between the two.
i see a lot of similarities as well

No way Bill Clinton circa 1990's wins for the Democrats today. Then again probably no way GWHB or W could win among the Republicans today either. It's a very different electorate right now.

Don't forget the demi-gawd reagan....... The one that passed out amnesty like jelly beans..
pb-nov11-300.jpg

i see a lot of similarities as well

There's a reason Reagan is revered by many Republicans still to this day and the fundamental changes he helped bring about are why it was/is referred to as The Reagan Revolution.

There are many differences between Reagan and Trump but the biggest is on immigration and the view both had towards immigrants. Their rhetoric and beliefs are almost diametrically opposed.

Here's Reagan in 1980:

Ronald Reagan — April 4, 1980:

“Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems, make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and then while they’re working and earning here they pay taxes here? And when they want to go back, they can go back, and they can cross. And open the border both ways by understanding their problems.”

Here's Reagan the day before he left office:

“Well, no, America’s freedom does not belong to just one nation. We’re custodians of freedom for the world. In Philadelphia, two centuries ago, James Allen wrote in his diary that “If we fail, liberty no longer continues an inhabitant of this globe.” Well, we didn’t fail. And still, we must not fail. For freedom is not the property of one generation; it’s the obligation of this and every generation. It’s our duty to protect it and expand it and pass it undiminished to those still unborn.

Now, tomorrow is a special day for me. I’m going to receive my gold watch. And since this is the last speech that I will give as President, I think it’s fitting to leave one final thought, an observation about a country which I love. It was stated best in a letter I received not long ago. A man wrote me and said: “You can go to live in France, but you cannot become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Turkey or Japan, but you cannot become a German, a Turk, or a Japanese. But anyone, from any corner of the Earth, can come to live in America and become an American.”

Yes, the torch of Lady Liberty symbolizes our freedom and represents our heritage, the compact with our parents, our grandparents, and our ancestors. It is that lady who gives us our great and special place in the world. For it’s the great life force of each generation of new Americans that guarantees that America’s triumph shall continue unsurpassed into the next century and beyond. Other countries may seek to compete with us; but in one vital area, as a beacon of freedom and opportunity that draws the people of the world, no country on Earth comes close.

This, I believe, is one of the most important sources of America’s greatness. We lead the world because, unique among nations, we draw our people — our strength — from every country and every corner of the world. And by doing so we continuously renew and enrich our nation. While other countries cling to the stale past, here in America we breathe life into dreams. We create the future, and the world follows us into tomorrow. Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we’re a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge, always leading the world to the next frontier. This quality is vital to our future as a nation. If we ever closed the door to new Americans, our leadership in the world would soon be lost.”

Reagan and Trump's view on immigration and America's role in the world are fundamentally different.

Once its one on one nobody has a chance agsinst Trump.

:laugh: he lost the popular vote.. wtf??

He is certainly beatable, the only question is can the dems put forth a popular/winnable candidate........

IMHO that has yet to be seen........

I don't support her because she's too typically progressive and supports policies she'll never be able to implement. As such, I feel she is just pandering to the naivete of young, inexperienced millenials and people who refuse to accept the reality that they can't have all the free goodies people like Harris tell them they can.
I agree, especially the pandering.. IMHO she isn't really progressive, as Tulsi pointed out, she is merely parroting what she believes she must~ what they want to hear..

:laugh: he lost the popular vote.. wtf??

He is certainly beatable, the only question is can the dems put forth a popular/winnable candidate........

IMHO that has yet to be seen........

The popular vote is not how presidents are elected.
He ran to win the electoral college which he did easily.

Back