Biden says Obama will be tested....

I would agree that it is likely a "test" would occur one way or another. That wasn't my point. My question is what the hell was Biden talking about when he said ...

""Obama's "gonna need your help to use your influence within the community to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Does the above make any sense at all?
It does. It makes sense in this way:

We are going to make decisions that you won't like, but we will be right. We need you to get ready to stand by us in the wake of these unpopular decisions. To defend us, and I assure you that we will be right in the end.

However, IMO, it says that he knows more about what they plan to do in a crisis than he wants to say, and he knows that much of it won't be liked by US Citizens.

I'm more concerned about the hidden message between the words. What exact policies do they plan to bring to bear? What would be so unpopular with the American people that it would make him worry about losing the support of near-worship? I mean these are the same people who willingly went into a war with Iraq over Saudis crashing planes into buildings, many of whom support "enhanced interrogation" and phone tapping.

Actually dip$hit.You've been pretending that we worship Obama and are as apologetic with their remarks as you are for anything republican's put out. Its dishonest, not even funny, and yes, further underlines your toolage.

actually dear, I asked Chap a question and dung and lorax responded with knee jerk defenses of Obama rather than discussing the quote.

Dung.... "This just in . . . Colin Powell retracts endorsement of Obama because Biden said something stupid.

Oh wait. No, that didn't happen. And no, this has no impact on any thinking person's confidence in Obama's abilities. Of course, you're not a thinking person, you're Suprefreak. "

So Dung just lunged into an attack on me and gave the typical... 'no thinking person would dare question Obama's abilities'.

"I'm more concerned about the hidden message between the words. What exact policies do they plan to bring to bear? What would be so unpopular with the American people that it would make him worry about losing the support of near-worship? I mean these are the same people who willingly went into a war with Iraq over Saudis crashing planes into buildings, many of whom support "enhanced interrogation" and phone tapping."

It sure is scary. Who knows what wars they are planning, especially with a Dem Congress as their willing accomplices.

I'm telling you; this is really giving me pause...

actually dear, I asked Chap a question and dung and lorax responded with knee jerk defenses of Obama rather than discussing the quote.

Dung.... "This just in . . . Colin Powell retracts endorsement of Obama because Biden said something stupid.

Oh wait. No, that didn't happen. And no, this has no impact on any thinking person's confidence in Obama's abilities. Of course, you're not a thinking person, you're Suprefreak. "

So Dung just lunged into an attack on me and gave the typical... 'no thinking person would dare question Obama's abilities'.

I love your paraphrases.

You're such a liar. Are you capable of doing anything but mischaracterize what people say?

I'm going to start doing that with you. Your reactions should be fun.

It does. It makes sense in this way:

We are going to make decisions that you won't like, but we will be right. We need you to get ready to stand by us in the wake of these unpopular decisions. To defend us, and I assure you that we will be right in the end.

However, IMO, it says that he knows more about what they plan to do in a crisis than he wants to say, and he knows that much of it won't be liked by US Citizens.

I'm more concerned about the hidden message between the words. What exact policies do they plan to bring to bear? What would be so unpopular with the American people that it would make him worry about losing the support of near-worship? I mean these are the same people who willingly went into a war with Iraq over Saudis crashing planes into buildings, many of whom support "enhanced interrogation" and phone tapping.

Interesting points. I hope they are willing to make the tough decisions (aka, the ones the populace doesn't initially like) that will see us through the "tests" etc...

I would venture to guess that they are concerned because they know their base is not going to like it if the tough choice is one that leads to another conflict or that prevents departure from one of the two ongoing wars???

I love your paraphrases.

You're such a liar. Are you capable of doing anything but mischaracterize what people say?

translation: "I am pissed that you dared to question the One, therefore I am going to throw another hissy fit"

I love your paraphrases.

Side note dipshit.... The paraphrase was exagerrated. However, he said "this has no impact on any thinking person's confidence in Obama's abilities"

which implies that only "non-thinking" people would dare to question Obamas abilities based on the comments by Biden. Which is a complete hack job.

Actually, I said that no thinking person would question Obama's abilities based on something stupid that Joe Biden said. Granted, I used a vague pronous "this" but I figured that since we were discussing Joe Biden's comments everyone could figure out the "this" to which I was referring.

And I stand by my statement. This (i.e., Biden's remarks) will have no impact on any thinking person's assessment of Obama's abilities.

Side note dipshit.... The paraphrase was exagerrated. However, he said "this has no impact on any thinking person's confidence in Obama's abilities"

which implies that only "non-thinking" people would dare to question Obamas abilities based on the comments by Biden. Which is a complete hack job.

You're such a buffoon.

Read it again, and really THINK.

He's saying this particular comment should have no impact on any thinking person's confidence in Obama's abilities. It's directed at consideration of the comment, and not saying that only "non thinking" people "dare" question Obama.

I mean - that just sounds deranged, Superfreak. I'm actually starting to think you are a bit...

Actually, I said that no thinking person would question Obama's abilities based on something stupid that Joe Biden said. Granted, I used a vague pronous "this" but I figured that since we were discussing Joe Biden's comments everyone could figure out the "this" to which I was referring.

And I stand by my statement. This (i.e., Biden's remarks) will have no impact on any thinking person's assessment of Obama's abilities.

yes, I clarified that in my last post. My paraphrase should have included that you were referring specifically to these comments. However, that doesn't take away your hackery for suggesting that only a "non-thinking" person would question Bidens comments.

You're such a buffoon.

Read it again, and really THINK.

He's saying this particular comment should have no impact on any thinking person's confidence in Obama's abilities. It's directed at consideration of the comment, and not saying that only "non thinking" people "dare" question Obama.

I mean - that just sounds deranged, Superfreak. I'm actually starting to think you are a bit...

"which implies that only "non-thinking" people would dare to question Obamas abilities based on the comments by Biden. Which is a complete hack job."

Do try to follow your own advice moron... READ... then try to COMPREHEND.

yes, I clarified that in my last post. My paraphrase should have included that you were referring specifically to these comments. However, that doesn't take away your hackery for suggesting that only a "non-thinking" person would question Bidens comments.

You're having a really tough time with reading comprehension today. I did not say that only a non-thinking person would question Biden's comments. I say only a non-thinking person would question Obama's abilities based on Biden's questionable comments.

You know, it’s sad you can’t have an honest conversation around this place. Try and put aside these facts: Obama hasn’t made mistakes. McCain has made so many that even R’s are calling him erratic. Palin, forget about it. A disaster. Palin’s mistakes are due to inexperience, and McCain’s due to age compounded by mental exhaustion. I always said Obama’s youth would be a big plus for him through these grueling campaigns.
And try and put aside that R;’s like damo and sf have been crying themselves to sleep; why can’t obama make a mistakeeeeeeee” they sob. As McCain/Palin make one after the other. But he doesn’t.
This is no reflection on Obama at all. That’s just the R’s who have grown so frustrated, grasping at their sad little straws.
To put all of that aside, it’d be nice to be able to talk honestly with normal people about what is it with biden – mental exhaustion combined with age, or is does he have a problem? Because this is not about Obama. This is about Biden making comments which go beyond a little weird. They’re outrageous.
But you can’t do that here.
It makes it worthless to bother trying. I didn’t even read past the first page of this thread. I don’t have the kind of time to waste on this exercise in stupidity as a couple of over-excited Republican poodles start humping each other and pissing all over the floor.

You're having a really tough time with reading comprehension today. I did not say that only a non-thinking person would question Biden's comments. I say only a non-thinking person would question Obama's abilities based on Biden's questionable comments.

Yes dipshit, I understand that is your hack job of a perception. That only a non-thinking person would question Obamas abilities based on Bidens idiotic remarks. Apparently you two twits are incapable of comprehending a paraphrase. Thus I will use the entire stupidity of your quotes in the future rather than confuse you again.

You know, it’s sad you can’t have an honest conversation around this place. Try and put aside these facts: Obama hasn’t made mistakes. McCain has made so many that even R’s are calling him erratic. Palin, forget about it. A disaster. Palin’s mistakes are due to inexperience, and McCain’s due to age compounded by mental exhaustion. I always said Obama’s youth would be a big plus for him through these grueling campaigns.
And try and put aside that R;’s like damo and sf have been crying themselves to sleep; why can’t obama make a mistakeeeeeeee” they sob. As McCain/Palin make one after the other. But he doesn’t.
This is no reflection on Obama at all. That’s just the R’s who have grown so frustrated, grasping at their sad little straws.
To put all of that aside, it’d be nice to be able to talk honestly with normal people about what is it with biden – mental exhaustion combined with age, or is does he have a problem? Because this is not about Obama. This is about Biden making comments which go beyond a little weird. They’re outrageous.
It makes it worthless to bother trying. I didn’t even read past the first page of this thread. I don’t have the kind of time to waste on this exercise in stupidity as a couple of over-excited Republican poodles start humping each other and pissing all over the floor.

I stopped reading this bullshit after the bolded line. That alone suggests just what I have been referring to. The One can do no wrong. The idiots on the left cannot admit when the messiah makes a mistake.

TO BE CLEAR to the morons on the thread (Dung/Lorax) ... NO I am not saying this particular thread talks about an Obama mistake. This one was an attempt to discuss BIDENS mistake.

But like yesterday, you idiots cannot bring yourselves to admit when one of your two candidates screws up.

Nope, get it straight, he guaranteed something of the proportions of Kennedy and the Missile Crisis in the first 6 months. So he is predicting that in less than one year, if they get elected, there will be a huge crisis.

Umm Like a global recession ?

This is pretty much everything I always think on these threads but can't quite articulate nearly as well. Really well said.

I stopped reading this bullshit after the bolded line. That alone suggests just what I have been referring to. The One can do no wrong. The idiots on the left cannot admit when the messiah makes a mistake.

TO BE CLEAR to the morons on the thread (Dung/Lorax) ... NO I am not saying this particular thread talks about an Obama mistake. This one was an attempt to discuss BIDENS mistake.

But like yesterday, you idiots cannot bring yourselves to admit when one of your two candidates screws up.

Yeah; Darla saying he sounds "mentally fucking ill" and the rest of us saying he sounds really strange & inexplicable is really stonewalling.

Apparently calling Biden's comments "weird," "stupid" and questionable is evidence of a refusal to admit that Biden screwed up.

Settle down, Superfreak. We all agree that Biden said something stupid. The only area of disagreement seems to be whether what Biden said ought to have any impact on Obama's abilities. We say no, why should it? You say, yes, how can't it?

That's all that is going on here. Well, that and you popping off the handle with your "the One" nonsense and calling people hacks and idiots.

Get your act together.

Apparently calling Biden's comments "weird," "stupid" and questionable is evidence of a refusal to admit that Biden screwed up.

Settle down, Superfreak. We all agree that Biden said something stupid. The only area of disagreement seems to be whether what Biden said ought to have any impact on Obama's abilities. We say no, why should it? You say, yes, how can't it?

That's all that is going on here. Well, that and you popping off the handle with your "the One" nonsense and calling people hacks and idiots.

Get your act together.

yes, I do call people hacks who proclaim that only "non-thinking" people would have a different opinion than the one they hold. It is an attitude that are typically found in right wing or left wing nutjobs who hold the lofty idea that only their views are held by "thinking" people.

had you wished to actually discuss the merits of Bidens comments, you would have done so. But your intial response was an attempt to demean anyone who thought it did bring into question Obamas abilities (or at the least Bidens views on Obamas abilities) by pretending they were "non-thinkers".

So if you wish to avoid being called a disciple, perhaps you should quit behaving like one.

Back