Bowl Games

I never saw any college refs,remotely as bad
as NFL flag crazy refs!

NFL refs are getting pretty awful. I never understood why it was an upgrade to have the 2012 replacement refs gone.

The NFL needs to abolish certain techniques, like when refs say they "look for certain clues/signs that a penalty may have been committed." From now on, it should dictate that refs must have clearly seen the infraction to even consider assessing a penalty.

There will always be more coming at Alabama, the school shells out enough money to football to insure there will always be more coming

Alabama spends the money to have top level facilities and coaches. That gives the athletes the best chance to win and the best chance to move to the next level.

NFL refs are getting pretty awful. I never understood why it was an upgrade to have the 2012 replacement refs gone.

The NFL needs to abolish certain techniques, like when refs say they "look for certain clues/signs that a penalty may have been committed." From now on, it should dictate that refs must have clearly seen the infraction to even consider assessing a penalty.

Absolutely,saw a game with three tripping calls all three were assumptions,because they weren't in position to see they weren't.

. Clemson scored several plays after the penalty. Even if the targeting call was legitimate, and most officials agree it wasn’t. It didn’t arise to tossing the player as neither malicious intent involved nor did he target the opposing players head. That player put his head in the way.
So basically you don't understand the rule and if you did you wouldn't agree with the rule. I don't agree with it either. Too punitive unless the targeting is egregious.
I think it will be revised . The penalty doesn't fit the crime.

Let’s also mention that SEC officials are notorious for their inconsistency in calling targeting penalties. Just ask Georgia and Alabama fans.
I wish I knew what you were talking about.:dunno:

What was the other call besides the TD that was called back that cost 6 pts? :confused:

So basically you don't understand the rule and if you did you wouldn't agree with the rule. I don't agree with it either. Too punitive unless the targeting is egregious.
I think it will be revised . The penalty doesn't fit the crime.

I wish I knew what you were talking about.:dunno:

He's trying to avoid that the Buckeyes let the game get away from them.
Drove down to win,and threw an interception to blow the game.
So OSU fans,been blaming the refs.

He's trying to avoid that the Buckeyes let the game get away from them.
Drove down to win,and threw an interception to blow the game.
So OSU fans,been blaming the refs.

Mott is usually rational but when it comes to OSU football, Big10, and add in his hatred for anything SEC (except for Alabama) he kinda loses it.

USC has a much easier path to a championship than ND. It's precisely because it is you telling me this bullshit that I know it's untrue.

I don’t know that ‘SC necessarily has an easier path than ND to the playoff outside the argument it’s harder for ND because they’re not in a conference.

It’s just a stupid argument he’s making. Almost all of the sports blue bloods, outside of ND and USC, are public schools. On a top 20 historical list you can add Miami on it and that’s it for private schools.

So public schools on the whole have always dominated the sport. And ND and USC can compete today the same just as in the past

Clemson scored several plays after the penalty. Even if the targeting call was legitimate, and most officials agree it wasn’t. It didn’t arise to tossing the player as neither malicious intent involved nor did he target the opposing players head. That player put his head in the way.

Let’s also mention that SEC officials are notorious for their inconsistency in calling targeting penalties. Just ask Georgia and Alabama fans.

The ONLY officials that matter when it came to the targeting call were the ones on the field. Opinions by those not there don't matter.

As for the ejection, it was warranted. Saying anything else is nothing more than the typical OSU fan whining because they can't figure out how to beat Clemson.

You seem as mad as Woody Hayes when he punched Charlie Bauman during the final minutes of the Gator Bowl in 1978 in the first of four victories vs. no losses Clemson has against OSU.

Look at it this way. Unlike 2016, at least OSU scored this time.

WTF is going on with the Rose Bowl broadcast?! All those split screens! FFS!

You were on the wrong channel. Two ESPN channels were used...one using standard one camera at a time...and one using that idiotic split screen thingy.

Drove me nuts until I realized what was happening.

Alabama spends the money to have top level facilities and coaches. That gives the athletes the best chance to win and the best chance to move to the next level.

It also brings in "students" who would not be allowed in most other schools. Hey...almost every "university" in Florida does the same thing...as do most of the football factories around the country.

Schools like Notre Dame, any of the military academies, any of the Ivy League schools are at a marked disadvantage because they actually use real students.

It also brings in "students" who would not be allowed in most other schools. Hey...almost every "university" in Florida does the same thing...as do most of the football factories around the country.

Schools like Notre Dame, any of the military academies, any of the Ivy League schools are at a marked disadvantage because they actually use real students.
"students who would not be allowed in most other schools"?
What does that mean? The kids playing are not "real" students?

It's okay, TOP...don't let it bother you.

If YOU could play football really well...YOU'D get in any of them.

It means that if they couldn't play a sport, their academic abilities wouldn't meet the "qualifications" to get in.

In your opinion, what is the primary purpose of attending college?

It means that if they couldn't play a sport, their academic abilities wouldn't meet the "qualifications" to get in.

In your opinion, what is the primary purpose of attending college?
I'm pretty sure there are academic qualifications set by each university....and the NCAA. Every student must meet them.
Why did you go to college? I went to get a degree in Education...and did...

Oh, so any student who doesn't qualify for Yale or Harvard is not a "real" student?

Schools have different areas of expertise. Doesn't mean all but the top elite are worthless.

Yes, Bama's football players are not required to have the same academic standards that Yale requires. But they have to have minimums that make sure they are students.

And there are gems on the football that break the mold. Had one O-lineman start all 4 years of his eligibility and still graduate with a 4.0 GPA. A QB from a few years ago was a finalist for the Rhodes Scholarship.

Frank Apisa, what was your GPA going into college? Did you qualify for Yale or Princeton?

Plus, many of these athletes would not attend college if it weren't for athletic scholarships. At Alabama, it just so happens that the profits from football pay for many other things.

Back