Bowl Games

Hey, I agree on you with baseball, I'd even go out on a limb and say baseball players are the better overall athletes, but I disagree on the college football/basketball comparison.

It's a fact. Basketball is far more popular internationally than Tackle Football.

The reason that Baseball is the greatest team sport and superior to football is because of the object of the game.

In football the object is for the quarterback, also known as the field general, to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the defense by hitting his receivers with deadly accuracy in spite of the blitz, even if he has to use the shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs, he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack that punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy's defensive line.

In baseball the object is to go home! And to be safe!

Athletic budget, not football expenditures, and there is always going to be one team out of the Big 12, and few schools in the league are competing for that one spot, again, comes down to that select half dozen schools who spend the bucks

Florida State it done, for years Florida State got there pick of gangsters to play at FSU, but now, with all the Southern schools, just the few in Florida alone, suddenly playing Division I football, FSU has competition for those recruits, South Florida was a good example, climbing till the NCAA got involved

And Alabama and Clemson might fade, but they will be quickly replaced by the school that decides to go big into spending on football, there is always going to be a select six or seven nationwide, and I hate to break it to you, it ain't going to be private school as USC

You must be a closet UCLA or Notre Dame just hoping we give Helton a life long contract. Sorry my friend, not happening. USC is the ultimate sleeping giant in college football. I hope you think of me when when we do return to the top.

Texas has a bigger athletic department than any other school. Why have they yet to make the playoffs? Do you think Florida State quit spending money? (hint: look at the millions in buy out they are paying their past two coaches) Dabo and Saban won't be around forever. No guarantee their successors continue what they've built. You're taking a small window and claiming nothing will ever change going forward. That isn't the case.

Meh...hyperbole aside. There is a direct causal link between a programs spending and it's success on the field. It doesn't guarantee championships but it sure takes you a long way down the field.

You must be a closet UCLA or Notre Dame just hoping we give Helton a life long contract. Sorry my friend, not happening. USC is the ultimate sleeping giant in college football. I hope you think of me when when we do return to the top.

Why not? You're the first person we think of when they lay an egg! :)

Yup. You right. All three teams that have won the CFP are amongst the top in spending.

Which is why "cawacko's" beloved Trojans aren't going to the top of the hill no matter who they hire, I remember being a kid and wondering who would name their school after prophylactics

Neither, and I'm just trying to damper your expectations so you won't be overcome with disappointment

Careful now. I was born in the G.O.A.T. aka Columbus, Ohio. Now granted I only lived there a year before we moved but nonetheless...

And six generations on my mom’s side of the family went to Ohio State so it has a special place in my heart. Columbus is a happening place. A lot of growth going on in the City.

It's not like it's Toledo!:bigthink:

It's a fact. Basketball is far more popular internationally than Tackle Football.

The reason that Baseball is the greatest team sport and superior to football is because of the object of the game.

In football the object is for the quarterback, also known as the field general, to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the defense by hitting his receivers with deadly accuracy in spite of the blitz, even if he has to use the shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs, he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack that punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy's defensive line.

In baseball the object is to go home! And to be safe!

Neither, and I'm just trying to damper your expectations so you won't be overcome with disappointment

History, tradition, LA Coliseum, second biggest City in the U.S., proximity to the most talent in the U.S. and an alumni base that gives a sh*t. Have fun kicking us while we're down. We'll be back.

Which is why "cawacko's" beloved Trojans aren't going to the top of the hill no matter who they hire, I remember being a kid and wondering who would name their school after prophylactics

I've wondered who would name their school mascot after a tree that when its twigs and leaves are crushed gives off a pleasant odor and whose seeds contain an acid poisonous to cattle and humans.

Notre Dame fan here to remind you that you're still stuck with Helton. :D

Hmmm things are getting interesting. The NCAA head of officiating called up Coach Dey and apologized for the blown replay call that overturned a reception/fumble that was returned for a TD that changed the outcome of the game.

There are now serious calls for an investigation into why an SEC official would overturn a play on the field that was obviously the correct call without conclusive evidence that it was not a complete pass. Even NCAA officiating training tapes show that such a play would be considered a complete pass.

I have to agree that an investigation is required, and a public one at that, as to why a replay official would overturn a correct play on the field without conclusive evidence to do so. This goes to the integrity of the sport as not just Big 10 fans and teams that are upset but the entire nation outside of SEC land (and a lot of SEC fans have expressed their concern too) that these SEC officials are either corrupt or incompetent.

I know it will be a cold day in hell before I ever trust another SEC officiating crew. Big 10 teams would be well within their rights to not participate in any game called by an SEC officiating crew until this has been settled.

SEC rules!

Then why did the NCAA head of officiating call up OSU's head coach and apologize for the blown call that handed the victory to Clemson? The whole CFP this year has been tainted by that one obviously blown call by an SEC official that changed the outcome of the game.

Then why did the NCAA head of officiating call up OSU's head coach and apologized for the blown call that handed the victory to Clemson? The whole CFP this year has been tainted by that one obviously blown call by an SEC official that changed the outcome of the game.

Clemson is in the ACC.

History, tradition, LA Coliseum, second biggest City in the U.S., proximity to the most talent in the U.S. and an alumni base that gives a sh*t. Have fun kicking us while we're down. We'll be back.
Unfortunately thanks to some dipshit celebreties with shit for brains kids and some corrupt SC employees SC now has the reputation of competing with Univ of Arizona as a party school for dumb rich kids. LOL

Back