Bowl Games

How can you be a fan of teams on the opposite coasts? Never understood that, I got a friend who lives in Mass who is a Dallas fan, how do you explain that?

And my condolences go out to you, being a Giants fan is like hitting yourself in the head with a two by four daily

Duh!I'm a Browns fan!:palm:

All nostalgia, Miami, Pittsburgh, SMU, Syracuse, even Notre Dame, and dozens of others have nostalgia, but none of them every again competing for a national championship. And that second biggest city in the US has umpteen pro teams, you aren't down, probably some day USC will make another Rose Bowl, but that is about the extent of it, again, private schools can not compete with State schools in football who have made the decision that they are all in financially

Dude, just stop. There is NO comparison between USC and Pittsburgh, SMU or Syracuse. Absolutely none. Miami had no history until the early '80's and had an incredible two decade run but they still aren't a blue blood of the sport. The only one comparable is Notre Dame but they haven't won anything since '88.

Dude, just stop. There is NO comparison between USC and Pittsburgh, SMU or Syracuse. Absolutely none. Miami had no history until the early '80's and had an incredible two decade run but they still aren't a blue blood of the sport. The only one comparable is Notre Dame but they haven't won anything since '88.

Miami's run was fueled by playing thugs,most of who should have been in SingSing,instead of college!

With Texass set to play Utah, and Baylor set to play Georgia, there is a strong possibility that the Big 12 will go winless this bowl season.

That's a assumption,they should have had the game locked up in the first half,didn't finish two drives,let Clemson score twice at the end of the half.Then throw and interception to piss away the game.
I never seen so many cry babies as OSU fans

Don’t forget that bone headed roughing the kicker that kept a Clemson drive alive. OSU once again played a pretty good half and a pretty bad half like in their conference championship.
And I say “pretty good “ half because they didn’t finish off drives.
I saw a lot of mistakes by OSU that second half.

Last edited:
Don’t forget that bone headed roughing the kicker that kept a Clemson drive alive. OSU once again played a pretty good half and a pretty bad half like in their conference championship.
And I say “pretty good “ half because they didn’t finish off drives.
I saw a lot of mistakes by OSU that second half.

It's so lame of these cry baby OSU,fans,claiming one close call,lost them the game!
If you let a team off the ropes you lose!
Especially when you drive down the field,and throw an interception to a wide open defender in the end zone!

How can you be a fan of teams on the opposite coasts? Never understood that, I got a friend who lives in Mass who is a Dallas fan, how do you explain that?

And my condolences go out to you, being a Giants fan is like hitting yourself in the head with a two by four daily

It means your friend hates America.

OSU, PSU, Michigan, MSU and Wisconsin. (note - OSU and MSU both have already been to the CFP and Wisconsin and PSU have come within a whisker of making it). Yea Michigan is in a down cycle but that won't last forever with the kind of money they are currently spending. Don't know what's wrong with Nebraska but normally, given their history, they should be in that group too but have never been able to put it together since joining the Big 10. Still....the potential is there...they are one the top historic football programs in the nation.

I grew up, for the most part, in Nebraska and football ranks only next to religion.

Osborn was the greatest coach they ever had, followed by Devaney and it hasn't been the same since.

Between them, they had 356 wins in 35 years.

I grew up, for the most part, in Nebraska and football ranks only next to religion.

Osborn was the greatest coach they ever had, followed by Devaney and it hasn't been the same since.

Between them, they had 356 wins in 35 years.
What happened?
You think it had anything to do with the rise of k-state and Bill Snyder?

It's a fact. Basketball is far more popular internationally than Tackle Football.

The reason that Baseball is the greatest team sport and superior to football is because of the object of the game.

In football the object is for the quarterback, also known as the field general, to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the defense by hitting his receivers with deadly accuracy in spite of the blitz, even if he has to use the shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs, he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack that punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy's defensive line.

In baseball the object is to go home! And to be safe!

OK, Mr. Carlin. :palm:

What happened?
You think it had anything to do with the rise of k-state and Bill Snyder?

I think a lot of it had to do with Osborn no longer being there; because a lot of players wanted to go to Nebraska, because of him.

A lot of his detractors complained about the schedules and everything they could come up with; but even his "enemies" respected him.

I think a lot of it had to do with Osborn no longer being there; because a lot of players wanted to go to Nebraska, because of him.

A lot of his detractors complained about the schedules and everything they could come up with; but even his "enemies" respected him.
Football powers do go in cycles. Nebraska used to get all the big guys and I (think) I read somewhere they were innovators in resistance weight training. There’s been so many advances in training, diet, kinesiology etc , then with recruiting, assistant coaches, dealing with university administrator politics- it’s damn hard to stay on top.

I cannot explain how anyone can be a Dallas fan...or an Eagles or Redskins fan.

I can explain that I have visited California...and think it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. So...I kinda root for California teams when local teams are in the cellar.

Oh, there are times it is MUCH worse than that.

Of course, there have been years recently when it has been lots of fun...like the one when Manning and Big Blue beat the Patriots twice to win the Lombardi Trophy.

Osborne was amazing. I hear two arguments why Nebraska has fallen off. One was going to the Big 10 where they had no natural rivals such as OU and Colorado. But the biggest is back in they day, before ESPN and cable TV, Nebraska was on TV a lot and that was a big sell to kids from across the country. Once cable took over and almost every game is televised kids no longer had to travel to the middle of nowhere to be seen. They could stay near home now.

Duh!I'm a Browns fan!:palm:

Talk about hitting yourself in the head with a 2x4, a Brown's fan, always wondered why they would build a stadium facing a Great Lake when they play in a cold weather climate, God bless the ticket holder in the nose bleed sections

I cannot explain how anyone can be a Dallas fan...or an Eagles or Redskins fan.

I can explain that I have visited California...and think it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. So...I kinda root for California teams when local teams are in the cellar.

Oh, there are times it is MUCH worse than that.

Of course, there have been years recently when it has been lots of fun...like the one when Manning and Big Blue beat the Patriots twice to win the Lombardi Trophy.

The Giants may be bad now but like you said they did win two SB’s with Eli. Most other teams can’t say that so I don’t think being a Giants fan is all that bad.

I got sent to live in Boston for work for most of 2008 and my first weekend there was that Giants-Pats SB. Loved seeing those Pats fans so miserable

Not true, I could make a case for each of those schools and I'm sure the fans of those schools would support me as enthusiastic as you do USC, and I wouldn't put USC in ND's category, in terms of tradition and history no one compares to ND, and no, I am not a ND fan, although I do enjoy going to a game at South Bend

That's a assumption,they should have had the game locked up in the first half,didn't finish two drives,let Clemson score twice at the end of the half.Then throw and interception to piss away the game.
I never seen so many cry babies as OSU fans

Please explain to me then why the NCAA head of officiating apologized to Ryan Day and OSU for not one but two blown calls that cost OSU 12 points?

Back