Bowl Games

Then why did the NCAA head of officiating call up OSU's head coach and apologize for the blown call that handed the victory to Clemson? The whole CFP this year has been tainted by that one obviously blown call by an SEC official that changed the outcome of the game.

Wait?The official threw the interception in the endzone,just as OSU was about to win!!!?
Cat got your tongue Top?

Unfortunately thanks to some dipshit celebreties with shit for brains kids and some corrupt SC employees SC now has the reputation of competing with Univ of Arizona as a party school for dumb rich kids. LOL

Actually I'd argue the opposite. The scandal was about the rich and celebrities trying to buy their kids into elite schools. USC was being mentioned in the same breath as Stanford and the Ivies. Had several Cal buddies pissed off for that exact reason.

You must be a closet UCLA or Notre Dame just hoping we give Helton a life long contract. Sorry my friend, not happening. USC is the ultimate sleeping giant in college football. I hope you think of me when when we do return to the top.

Funny story...hope you like it, CA.

My sister and her family...and my bother and his family all moved to California. My other brother and I stayed here in New Jersey.

My sister attended university in California...and got her degree.

My mother visits them (decades ago) and comes back with a USC jacket for me. So, because I love my sister, I become an SC fan...and wear the jacket almost every Saturday during football season. I have become an avid fan.

Couple years back, I'm talking with my sister...and mentioned a big SC victory over UCLA. She says, "Screw them. We'll beat 'em next year."

My reaction, "What?"

Turns out she had gone to UCLA...and my mother had just picked up a USC jacket as a California gift.

Holy shit.

Anyway, I stuck with the Trojans...and just pretend there is no game when they play Notre Dame.

For the playoffs, though, it will be LSU.

(NFL playoffs, I am tending toward the Niners, because of the California connection.)

Wait?The official threw the interception in the endzone,just as OSU was about to win!!!?
Cat got your tongue Top?

Uhhh...hate to point this out but even had not Olave blown the play that resulted in the interception OSU still would have won had not the officials blown that call.

Funny story...hope you like it, CA.

My sister and her family...and my bother and his family all moved to California. My other brother and I stayed here in New Jersey.

My sister attended university in California...and got her degree.

My mother visits them (decades ago) and comes back with a USC jacket for me. So, because I love my sister, I become an SC fan...and wear the jacket almost every Saturday during football season. I have become an avid fan.

Couple years back, I'm talking with my sister...and mentioned a big SC victory over UCLA. She says, "Screw them. We'll beat 'em next year."

My reaction, "What?"

Turns out she had gone to UCLA...and my mother had just picked up a USC jacket as a California gift.

Holy shit.

Anyway, I stuck with the Trojans...and just pretend there is no game when they play Notre Dame.

For the playoffs, though, it will be LSU.

(NFL playoffs, I am tending toward the Niners, because of the California connection.)

Wait, you weren't aware your sister went to UCLA? And your mom bought you a jacket from their biggest rival?! Haha, now that's pretty funny.

Glad to hear you are a USC fan! You probably really remember the glory days of the '60's and '70's then.

And as a die hard 49ers fan glad to hear you will be rooting for them. What a game that was Sunday night!

Wait, you weren't aware your sister went to UCLA? And your mom bought you a jacket from their biggest rival?! Haha, now that's pretty funny.

Glad to hear you are a USC fan! You probably really remember the glory days of the '60's and '70's then.

Yep...I remember the days when OJ Simpson, Marcus Allen, Reggie Bush, Anthony Davis...defined what it meant to be a tailback. SC always had the greatest. Glad I didn't know that her school was UCLA until after I became a SoCal fan.

And as a die hard 49ers fan glad to hear you will be rooting for them. What a game that was Sunday night!

As a die-hard GIANTS fan, I have no choice but to find someone else to root for during the next month or so of playoffs...and I love California, so the Niners are my choice. They did kick some ass the other night.

Yep...I remember the days when OJ Simpson, Marcus Allen, Reggie Bush, Anthony Davis...defined what it meant to be a tailback. SC always had the greatest. Glad I didn't know that her school was UCLA until after I became a SoCal fan.

As a die-hard GIANTS fan, I have no choice but to find someone else to root for during the next month or so of playoffs...and I love California, so the Niners are my choice. They did kick some ass the other night.

I heard about your sister. She was the go to piece at UCLA.

Uhhh...hate to point this out but even had not Olave blown the play that resulted in the interception OSU still would have won had not the officials blown that call.

That's a assumption,they should have had the game locked up in the first half,didn't finish two drives,let Clemson score twice at the end of the half.Then throw and interception to piss away the game.
I never seen so many cry babies as OSU fans

Win a game by a yard on the last play ,is hardly kicking ass!

Win a game by a yard on the last play ,is hardly kicking ass!

Beating the Seahawks at home is always "kicking ass" in my estimation. They use 12 players at home.

Anyway...I only watched the first half...with the emphasis on the first quarter. It looked like a major league ass-kicking to me. I had to go to Google to check things out after your remark...and I then remembered hearing about the comeback.

History, tradition, LA Coliseum, second biggest City in the U.S., proximity to the most talent in the U.S. and an alumni base that gives a sh*t. Have fun kicking us while we're down. We'll be back.

All nostalgia, Miami, Pittsburgh, SMU, Syracuse, even Notre Dame, and dozens of others have nostalgia, but none of them every again competing for a national championship. And that second biggest city in the US has umpteen pro teams, you aren't down, probably some day USC will make another Rose Bowl, but that is about the extent of it, again, private schools can not compete with State schools in football who have made the decision that they are all in financially

Hmmm things are getting interesting. The NCAA head of officiating called up Coach Dey and apologized for the blown replay call that overturned a reception/fumble that was returned for a TD that changed the outcome of the game.

There are now serious calls for an investigation into why an SEC official would overturn a play on the field that was obviously the correct call without conclusive evidence that it was not a complete pass. Even NCAA officiating training tapes show that such a play would be considered a complete pass.

I have to agree that an investigation is required, and a public one at that, as to why a replay official would overturn a correct play on the field without conclusive evidence to do so. This goes to the integrity of the sport as not just Big 10 fans and teams that are upset but the entire nation outside of SEC land (and a lot of SEC fans have expressed their concern too) that these SEC officials are either corrupt or incompetent.

I know it will be a cold day in hell before I ever trust another SEC officiating crew. Big 10 teams would be well within their rights to not participate in any game called by an SEC officiating crew until this has been settled.

There is never going to be a serious investigation on anything regarding the SEC let alone its officials, do you think that States who a large part of their identity is based upon a State football team carrying their name is going to allow an investigation?

How can you be a fan of teams on the opposite coasts? Never understood that, I got a friend who lives in Mass who is a Dallas fan, how do you explain that?

And my condolences go out to you, being a Giants fan is like hitting yourself in the head with a two by four daily

How can you be a fan of teams on the opposite coasts? Never understood that, I got a friend who lives in Mass who is a Dallas fan, how do you explain that?

And my condolences go out to you, being a Giants fan is like hitting yourself in the head with a two by four daily

That's quite simple The Cowboys are "America 's Team"!
How bout them Cowboys!

Back