Capitalism Is EVIL!

Paradox. Irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.

Cliche fallacy. You are still locked in your paradox.

1+1 = 10, in the right conditions!

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Did you know that swimming upstream is quite possible? Salmon, for example, do it every year.
yawn

2 is two regardless of how you wish to communicate it

you are missing how transactions can work

I don't have to say what an item is worth. I got an old popup camper in my driveway - for sale - best offer. an offer of zero but hauling it away would of been high enough, but the buyer has no idea
A price will be discovered. Sooner or later someone will come along and pay you the agreed upon price.

A price will be discovered. Sooner or later someone will come along and pay you the agreed upon price.

only if one person values it. again, only one person needs to value something for something to be of value

I know your fragile ego prevents you from admitting a mistake, and that is really really sad

ok but sometimes prices are too high and the deals don't happen.

everything isn't OBO.
Actually, it is.

The seller wants the highest price he can get. The buyer wants the lowest price he can get.

Let's take this so-called popup camper for 'best offer' (and he stated he is willing to set a price of zero if they haul it off).

He also stated that he is not telling the buyer he will go to zero price.

That fact alone shows that he wants a higher price. Do you think he will say no to someone giving him money for the thing?

It's all about price discovery.

The only government intervention is licensing and transaction recording.

Nothing. It's a good fit for your skills. Everyone needs a good job.
Thank you. Not everyone is cut out to be a janitor. It's honest work, where your employer trusts you with the keys to everywhere in the building, and you have the intestinal fortitude to clean up the worst mess someone like you left in the toilet, and the courage and capability to get up on tall ladders to change a difficult to reach light bulb.

I always appreciate janitors and what they do!

only if one person values it. again, only one person needs to value something for something to be of value

I know your fragile ego prevents you from admitting a mistake, and that is really really sad
You are still locked in your paradox. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It's irrational. You must clear your paradox.

Actually, it is.

The seller wants the highest price he can get. The buyer wants the lowest price he can get.

Let's take this so-called popup camper for 'best offer' (and he stated he is willing to set a price of z

ero if they haul it off).

He also stated that he is not telling the buyer he will go to zero price.

That fact alone shows that he wants a higher price. Do you think he will say no to someone giving him money for the thing?

It's all about price discovery.

The only government intervention is licensing and transaction recording.
yes.

sometimes the buyer and seller are too far apart and there's no deal.

like when new York property owners still won't lower rent even as businesses flee the state.

there's more to some business strategies than just making deals.

some deals are deemed to be bad, and not taken.

Thank you. Not everyone is cut out to be a janitor.

You are.

It's honest work, where your employer trusts you with the keys to everywhere in the building, and you have the intestinal fortitude to clean up the worst mess someone like you left in the toilet, and the courage and capability to get up on tall ladders to change a difficult to reach light bulb.

You seem to know a LOT about being a janitor.

I always appreciate janitors and what they do!

Of course you do! As do I! It's great for people like you with limited skills or abilities.

yes.

sometimes the buyer and seller are too far apart and there's no deal.
Sometimes!
like when new York property owners still won't lower rent even as businesses flee the state.
New York is no longer a State of the Union. It no longer recognizes the Constitution of the State of New York nor the Constitution of the United States.

New York city property owners are also fleeing, because the government just comes around and takes your property now. That's theft.
there's more to some business strategies than just making deals.

some deals are deemed to be bad, and not taken.
Examples?

Ahhh, so you are just guessing. I will remind you that contracts are extremely controlled arrangements.
No not guessing at all. Don't be obtuse. It happens millions of times a day. Contracts are rather simple. As long as the two parties enter the contract voluntarily without distress and everyone agrees to the conditions it's a done deal.

Back