Changing Biden for any other candidate, changes the one thing people don’t like about Biden.

The polling is very close, right? And if the number one issue with Biden is his age....
the hypocrisy of saying democracy is at stake and throwing out the guy picked in a democratic fashion because he got his ass beat when the race starts is bad optics.

he lost the debate - lost the polls, and because of that he loses his candidacy?

fine - do that. but do us all a favor and shove your claim of loving democracy up your shit stains arse

The polling isn't all that close at the moment (if it was, there wouldn't be this call for him to step down). But I was talking about polling for his policies. They weren't always all that high. So the idea that a younger candidate can step in and simply say I'm running Biden's policies and voila, victory awaits, may be asking a lot.

IF Biden steps down his replacement will be Harris. Black voters aren't the largest in numbers, but they are the backbone of the Democratic Party. And we've already heard from some black commentators and Congressional Black Caucus members that IF Biden steps down you better pick the VP (instead of some other white candidate).

Harris could energize black voters who have drifted away from Biden and could possibly energize women voters. But she didn't even make it to the Iowa caucus for a reason. Being VP is one thing. Being the leader of the free world is another. She would have work to do to convince voters she's the one (definitely possible she could but she would be facing headwinds).
Almost all polls I’ve seen are within the MOE,?,

The polling isn't all that close at the moment (if it was, there wouldn't be this call for him to step down). But I was talking about polling for his policies. They weren't always all that high. So the idea that a younger candidate can step in and simply say I'm running Biden's policies and voila, victory awaits, may be asking a lot.

IF Biden steps down his replacement will be Harris. Black voters aren't the largest in numbers, but they are the backbone of the Democratic Party. And we've already heard from some black commentators and Congressional Black Caucus members that IF Biden steps down you better pick the VP (instead of some other white candidate).

Harris could energize black voters who have drifted away from Biden and could possibly energize women voters. But she didn't even make it to the Iowa caucus for a reason. Being VP is one thing. Being the leader of the free world is another. She would have work to do to convince voters she's the one (definitely possible she could but she would be facing headwinds).
I like her, but I understand I’m outside the average in a lot of areas.

What is there mot to like?

If you like Biden, what is there not to like about her, other than youth?

the hypocrisy of saying democracy is at stake and throwing out the guy picked in a democratic fashion because he got his ass beat when the race starts is bad optics.

he lost the debate - lost the polls, and because of that he loses his candidacy?

fine - do that. but do us all a favor and shove your claim of loving democracy up your shit stains arse
The primaries are not even close to “Democracy”. Additionally, the only way to get rid of Biden is for him to step down…. He can’t be removed without his consent.

The number one thing people do not like about Joe Biden is his age. If you take that factor out, the Democrats win big time. Remember Trump is only two years younger than Biden. Kamala Harris has all of the good things about Biden without the age.
Like her incomprehensible word salads?

Almost all polls I’ve seen are within the MOE,?,
I'm not saying Trump will win the election but it doesn't pass the sniff test that so many leading Democrats are calling for Biden to step aside if post debate polling shows him very close with Trump (unless there is some ulterior motive at play that we are unaware of).

She was on Biden's team but she's not Biden. We all know most Democrats and Republicans are going to vote for their party's nominee regardless. But there is a decent swath of the country for whom politics doesn't dominate their life and they will actually vote for people from both parties. So the question for Harris (and anyone who runs for President) is why you? What makes you different than other candidates and why should you be the leader of the free world? (Of course she would argue the four Biden/Harris years were excellent and she is going to continue them.)

On one hand it's a basic question but not all that easy to answer. And when you read critiques of her she never really carved out a niche or lane in the Democratic primary as to who she was (which is why she didn't make it to Iowa). That's her challenge. To have an identity that people know and back.

The number one thing people do not like about Joe Biden is his age. If you take that factor out, the Democrats win big time. Remember Trump is only two years younger than Biden. Kamala Harris has all of the good things about Biden without the age.
"...one thing..."? :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :rofl2:

You sound like a conservative. Have you ever voted for a Democrat?

You sound like a conservative. Have you ever voted for a Democrat?
Liking Kamila makes me a Conservative. I have voted in 9 presidential elections, never for a Republican. I voted for a Republican once for Congress, because I knew him to be a good person.

Liking Kamila makes me a Conservative. I have voted in 9 presidential elections, never for a Republican. I voted for a Republican once for Congress, because I knew him to be a good person.
So stop helping Trump by bashing Biden. It is not going to work.

no offense to the forum owner, but this place is not impacting the election ya derp stick
Actually...

Years ago a poster, who still posts here, claimed that thousands upon thousands of people read this site and get their political news from here. And because we were exposing the lies (of the Bush Administration) the gov't was looking into shutting the site down.

I mean let's be real, only schmucks turn to cable news channels for their political updates. Educated and forward thinking Americans come to read JPP because we offer intelligent and bleeding edge commentary you can't really get anywhere else.

Back