Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Ignorance? Just what did he say that was ignorant? Why are you so offended?
Why are you projecting your opinion on me? I've given you my reasons for being annoyed, not offended, over and over, and included the opinions of the nuns and some of the female grads at the school. Let me make it clear: it's not up to Harrison Butker or any man to tell women what their higher calling should be. This commencement is supposed to celebrate the end of college and the beginning of the future for grads. It wasn't the opportunity for Butker to broadcast his laundry list of grievances against a society that's not conservative enough for him.

I see a bit of hate from you, Miss Marple.

I am Catholic and we are taught the value of home and family. He wasn't judging anyone, he was saying what Catholics are taught...that being a mother and a homemaker are valued in our church as they have been valued in other religions for centuries.

He trashed no one, he praised women who put their children, their families, ahead of personal ambition.

Since many women have been forced to work due to the economy, children and families have suffered. That is a fact.

Mr. Butker is in the mainstream of Catholic doctrine, home, family, children...all are the framework for all Catholics.

He didn't tell you to make him a samich (sic),.
I bet you're not a fan of Pope Francis, lol.

I actually hate to say this in a way but as a person who has spent decades studying what makes people tic psychologically I must. Not all by any stretch but a lot of women who rail against the type of things Butker said do so because they either have no real man in their life at all besides maybe sexually OR if they do they do not have the type of strong man who cares for and watches over his wife and children like all women inherently KNOW they should have. People are ego driven. They just are. To make things like this a bit easier for their delicate ego to handle they lash out against opinions like those espoused by Butker as a way of hiding their inner shame and asking themselves questions like......." WHY cant I have a man like that? One who is caring and nurturing? My knight in shining armor and protector? It is all 100% ego driven so they do not have to look at their own personal failings. They damned sure dont want anyone else looking at their failings either so instead they go into attack mode and pretend as if they would never want that type of man when we all KNOW they would jump at the chance if they ever got one. Just the truth......
The Twenties called, they want their standard-bearer back. lol.

I guess this is your admission that Tebow shouldn't have been kneeling in prayer during a game...you festering prick.

Do Employees Have a Legal Right to Pray at Work?​

Is It Legal for Employees to Pray at Work?

In short, yes, employees do have the right to pray at work. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)

Kapneedacock was not praying...slut

Last edited:
Why are you projecting your opinion on me? I've given you my reasons for being annoyed, not offended, over and over, and included the opinions of the nuns and some of the female grads at the school. Let me make it clear: it's not up to Harrison Butker or any man to tell women what their higher calling should be. This commencement is supposed to celebrate the end of college and the beginning of the future for grads. It wasn't the opportunity for Butker to broadcast his laundry list of grievances against a society that's not conservative enough for him.
They gave him a standing ovation... It was a great speech... Very inspirational message for those kids.... You can have a bright future career wise And a wonderful family life... That's an inspirational message for anyone...

You're not a Catholic, and are unequipped to speak with authority on Catholic teaching,
This is a bogus attempt on your part to become the judge of who is allowed to comment on the topic and on who gets to comment on Catholicism specifically.

I am not a Catholic and I can speak with authority on Catholic teaching. Bring it on.

They gave him a standing ovation... It was a great speech... Very inspirational message for those kids.... You can have a bright future career wise And a wonderful family life... That's an inspirational message for anyone...
Thanks but I'll stick with the *unmarried* but educated nuns who run this school and who correctly stated that Butker's speech did not promote unity but fostered division. Are you saying they're wrong?

"The nuns pointed specifically to Butker’s divisive comments over women, where he suggested a woman’s highest calling is to be a homemaker, arguing the women they teach “have made a tremendous difference in the world in their roles as wives and mothers and through their God-given gifts in leadership, scholarship, and their careers.”

Thankfully for the continued existence of MAGATs, there are a certain number of women who enjoy being subservient and submissive. It's no coincidence that if they attend college, they choose institutions based on religious beliefs that want to keep them that way.
Thankfully for the continued existence of MAGATs, there are a certain number of women who enjoy being subservient and submissive. It's no coincidence that if they attend college, they choose institutions based on religious beliefs that want to keep them that way.
Just make the samiches.
Huh, I thought he was an alumnus. It doesn't change the real point. He isn't there representing a team, wearing the uniform, acting as a kicker. He's just a dumb jock giving a speech that seem well received (nuns notwithstanding). Yeah, an opinion like that will always get you some flack, deservedly so IMHO. If Cartman existed in RL his excuse would be he is a child, this man is not though he plays a game for a living so maybe he never progressed into adulthood...

I digress.

The main difference between Kaepernick and this dumb jock is he was not acting as part of a team when he decided to express a stupid opinion, he was just himself, another dumb jock with dumb thoughts.
He’s not a dumb jock.

Harrison Butker Jr. is an American football kicker for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. He played college football for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the seventharound.

Thanks but I'll stick with the *unmarried* but educated nuns who run this school and who correctly stated that Butker's speech did not promote unity but fostered division. Are you saying they're wrong?

"The nuns pointed specifically to Butker’s divisive comments over women, where he suggested a woman’s highest calling is to be a homemaker, arguing the women they teach “have made a tremendous difference in the world in their roles as wives and mothers and through their God-given gifts in leadership, scholarship, and their careers.”
Yes, the nuns are wrong, Miss Marple. So is the Pope, most of the time.

The infallibility has to do with Catholic doctrine not with a good man speaking the truth about family and mothers.

Last edited:
Reactions: TOP
You don't see hate from Butker because you agree with him, therefore, he's not hating, just preaching. IOW you're oblivious.
[/QUOTE]
Nope. You are a HATER. You are determined to find HATRED everywhere, even where it isn't. The problem is on your end.

When Butker took to the bully pulpit to trash such a large number of people,
Butker didn't trash anyone. You're just a HATER deluding himself into "seeing" HATRED everywhere it isn't. The problem is on your end.

If anything, Harrison Butker adheres to Leviticus 19:17, i.e. “Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.”

Nonetheless, he never bashed anyone. Harrison Butker maintained a tone that was positive, upbeat and hopeful, as it was a commencement address. Anyone, such as you, who so grossly mischaracterizes the speech is obviously pushing a HATE-filled agenda.

Reactions: TOP
The full statement and link.

"The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica do not believe that Harrison Butker’s comments in his 2024 Benedictine College commencement address represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned and in which we have been so invested.

Instead of promoting unity in our church, our nation, and the world, his comments seem to have fostered division. One of our concerns was the assertion that being a homemaker is the highest calling for a woman. We sisters have dedicated our lives to God and God’s people, including the many women whom we have taught and influenced during the past 160 years. These women have made a tremendous difference in the world in their roles as wives and mothers and through their God-given gifts in leadership, scholarship, and their careers.

Our community has taught young women and men not just how to be “homemakers” in a limited sense, but rather how to make a Gospel-centered, compassionate home within themselves where they can welcome others as Christ, empowering them to be the best versions of themselves. We reject a narrow definition of what it means to be Catholic. We are faithful members of the Catholic Church who embrace and promote the values of the Gospel, St. Benedict, and Vatican II and the teachings of Pope Francis.

We want to be known as an inclusive, welcoming community, embracing Benedictine values that have endured for more than 1500 years and have spread through every continent and nation. We believe those values are the core of Benedictine College.

We thank all who are supportive of our Mount community and the values we hold. With St. Benedict, we pray, “Let us prefer nothing whatever to Christ, and may he lead us all together to life everlasting.”

You are lying outright. You are fabricating nuns who shockingly wish to push your leftist HATE-agenda. I wonder how many people you fooled.

Back