Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Women who abandon their children for the goal of career advancement are evil.

So are women who murder their own children in the womb,
That's pretty selfish and sad, isn't it? Often encouraged these days, though... and that's Part of the reason our country is falling apart...

"For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you."

He is one hundred percent correct.

He received a standing ovation…rightfully so.

First Kansas City Chief i've ever had respect for From the very little I heard about the Commencement speech... I'd love to find that transcript, though... I didn't hear anything about bashing Gay pride month or women in the kitchen... I do love my kitchen though... What woman doesn't?
I mean he's fourth rated player in the worst-paid position in football. Had he not made an ass out of himself with his "Handmaids Tale/Hamas" type speech he'd go down in history as a total unknown!

And that's the point. Your wife wanted to be a SAHM and it worked for your family. I presume you weren't telling her she was told a diabolical lie if she chose to have an outside job rather than being at home.
When I was a kid most moms were stay at home moms. Life was better then, in almost every way. I wish you and others were old enuff to have grown up that way then you would truly know. I guess its one of those things that you have to LIVE to fully get the whole meaning. That America is mostly gone now and thats a damn shame IMO. The younger folks have no idea what they were robbed of.

Reactions: TOP
Ok...;) I'm going with Harrison over the nuns... There is no more important job than being a mom.......don't you agree? He never suggested a woman couldn't have a career as well... As I mentioned before you didn't listen very carefully... and you overeacted... His speech did not foster division... Except for the people who overreacted as you , the nuns, and Social media did... You're all wrong...;)
Isn't it amazing how everyone -- hundreds of people if not thousands, including the educators at this college -- are all wrong because they don't share your ill-informed opinion? :laugh:

Nope. You are a HATER. You are determined to find HATRED everywhere, even where it isn't. The problem is on your end.

Butker didn't trash anyone. You're just a HATER deluding himself into "seeing" HATRED everywhere it isn't. The problem is on your end.

If anything, Harrison Butker adheres to Leviticus 19:17, i.e. “Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.”

Nonetheless, he never bashed anyone. Harrison Butker maintained a tone that was positive, upbeat and hopeful, as it was a commencement address. Anyone, such as you, who so grossly mischaracterizes the speech is obviously pushing a HATE-filled agenda.

That's quite the spectacular toxic meltdown there. What about this topic gets you so verklempt?

Last edited:
That women have been told that they can not lead a meaningful life if they remain at home to care for the children that they brought into this world.

I respect your opinion, Miss Marple but we will never agree on this issue.
You and Harrison are correct...people are free to disagree. But he wasn't speaking to them after all... he was speaking to the college grads...( I wonder who freaked out first?🤣 )

That's pretty selfish and sad, isn't it? Often encouraged these days, though... and that's Part of the reason our country is falling apart...
Yet you claim to have a "bachelors plus" and to have been a "teacher" for "30 years." Why would you want to deny other women the right to have a fulfilling career like you pretend YOU had?

Children were safer back when I was a kid,....Because all the moms of the neighborhood kept an eye on them. ALOT healthier too because they were eating home cooked healthy meals made by Mom instead of latch key kids running wild and eating fat burgers from Burger king every day. There was no childhood obesity epidemic back then either. Plus we got to play with Lawn JARTS, Bow and arrows, .22's, go carts and minibikes with no helmets every day! :)

Ok...;) I'm going with Harrison over the nuns... There is no more important job than being a mom.......don't you agree? He never suggested a woman couldn't have a career as well... As I mentioned before you didn't listen very carefully... and you overeacted... His speech did not foster division... Except for the people who overreacted as you , the nuns, and Social media did... You're all wrong...;)
^I thought you could never get any more pompous, arrogant and condescending, then you wrote this post.

I don't think in black and white like you. What about the women who are unable to have children, are they 2nd class citizens in your eyes? Newsflash, all people don't get married just to have kids. And as I've said several times, you haven't paid attention to what I've said, you're just projecting your own negative interpretation on my words.

It's not just about being or not being a mom; it's about an entire speech of criticism, hatred and exclusivity. That is not what the real Catholic church stands for. Butker's on the far-right fringe, calls himself a devoted Catholic but is full of criticism for the Pope's decisions like this one:

"In July 2021, Pope Francis issued a motu proprio called Traditionis custodes that imposed new curbs on when and where the "extraordinary" form of the Mass, using the pre-Vatican II Roman Missal of 1962, may be used. The pope cited his desire to unify the Church as one of the main reasons for his edict. A subsequent Vatican document issued further restrictions on using the old Latin missal for baptisms, confirmations, and other sacraments."

For you and all the others who criticize some people for being "cafeteria Catholics," Butker defines the words. It's all about HIM and the kind of Catholic he thinks is correct, not about what the church teaches.

If only people had listened to the speech. Instead of just over reacting... He might have actually heard what he had to say...

^I thought you could never get any more pompous, arrogant and condescending, then you wrote this post.

I don't think in black and white like you. What about the women who are unable to have children, are they 2nd class citizens in your eyes? Newsflash, all people don't get married just to have kids. And as I've said several times, you haven't paid attention to what I've said, you're just projecting your own negative interpretation on my words.

It's not just about being or not being a mom; it's about an entire speech of criticism, hatred and exclusivity. That is not what the real Catholic church stands for. Butker's on the far-right fringe, calls himself a devoted Catholic but is full of criticism for the Pope's decisions like this one:

"In July 2021, Pope Francis issued a motu proprio called Traditionis custodes that imposed new curbs on when and where the "extraordinary" form of the Mass, using the pre-Vatican II Roman Missal of 1962, may be used. The pope cited his desire to unify the Church as one of the main reasons for his edict. A subsequent Vatican document issued further restrictions on using the old Latin missal for baptisms, confirmations, and other sacraments."

For you and all the others who criticize some people for being "cafeteria Catholics," Butker defines the words. It's all about HIM and the kind of Catholic he thinks is correct, not about what the church teaches.
He wasn't speaking to you and you certainly weren't listening... And you never listen to me... Or you would be agreeing with me... I have respect for people who embrace their faith... And their families... And their careers... And that's what that speech was all about...

I was only about 6 years old on a minibike " one of those old rams from the late 60's" with my brother when we ROLLED it and it started on FIRE! We had the gas cap on loose, it rolled and the gas leaked out and hit the spark plug while it was still running......WOOSH!!!! Only reason the old man was pissed off was because HE had to fix it! Now thats livin! :laugh: :woot:

Back