Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Reactions: TOP
I bet you weren't so hot on free speech when Colin Kaepernick was kneeling, chucklehead.
ROFL

You Stalinist thugs are such a joke. Kaepernick kneeling at a commencement of young Marxists at a Marxist training center is vastly different than kneeling during an NFL game.

This was a Catholic speaker at a private Catholic School speaking to Catholic students.

Hey, without hypocrisy you'd be unable to post anything.

Not all women “ love their kitchens” ridiculous statement. I have two sisters who hate to cook. One eats out often, the other, her hubby cooks.
Only one of my three daughters enjoys cooking. To the other two it's an onerous chore. Toxic's cluelessness and extreme lack of empathy is clearly evident in those kinds of stupid posts.

Not all women “ love their kitchens” ridiculous statement. I have two sisters who hate to cook. One eats out often, the other, her hubby cooks.

The Twenties called, they want their standard-bearer back. lol.
When are children were young and my wife acted as a stay at home mom and homemaker we BOTH agree that it was by far the happiest time of our lives. We both played key roles,....I brought home the bacon and she ran the day to day of the household. BOTH very important duties, her's even more so. Happy times..........

"Remember when the sound of little feet, was the music we danced to week to week
Brought back the love, we found trust
Vowed we never give it up
Remember when?

Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookin' back, its just a steppin' stone
To where we are, where we've been
Said we do it all again
Remember when?

Remember when we said when we turn gray
When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when.

Remember when?"

Thanks but I'll stick with the *unmarried* but educated nuns who run this school and who correctly stated that Butker's speech did not promote unity but fostered division. Are you saying they're wrong?

"The nuns pointed specifically to Butker’s divisive comments over women, where he suggested a woman’s highest calling is to be a homemaker, arguing the women they teach “have made a tremendous difference in the world in their roles as wives and mothers and through their God-given gifts in leadership, scholarship, and their careers.”
Ok...;) I'm going with Harrison over the nuns... There is no more important job than being a mom.......don't you agree? He never suggested a woman couldn't have a career as well... As I mentioned before you didn't listen very carefully... and you overeacted... His speech did not foster division... Except for the people who overreacted as you , the nuns, and Social media did... You're all wrong...;)

Nope. You are a HATER. You are determined to find HATRED everywhere, even where it isn't. The problem is on your end.

Butker didn't trash anyone. You're just a HATER deluding himself into "seeing" HATRED everywhere it isn't. The problem is on your end.

If anything, Harrison Butker adheres to Leviticus 19:17, i.e. “Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.”

Nonetheless, he never bashed anyone. Harrison Butker maintained a tone that was positive, upbeat and hopeful, as it was a commencement address. Anyone, such as you, who so grossly mischaracterizes the speech is obviously pushing a HATE-filled agenda.
[/QUOTE]
Indeed...

Thanks.

“I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.“

I see no mention that women should stay in the kitchen.
What does he mean by "diabolic lies?"

Thanks.

“I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.“

I see no mention that women should stay in the kitchen.
That's because there isn't any mention of that...

When are children were young and my wife acted as a stay at home mom and homemaker we BOTH agree that it was by far the happiest time of our lives. We both played key roles,....I brought home the bacon and she ran the day to day of the household. BOTH very important duties, her's even more so. Happy times..........

"Remember when the sound of little feet, was the music we danced to week to week
Brought back the love, we found trust
Vowed we never give it up
Remember when?

Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookin' back, its just a steppin' stone
To where we are, where we've been
Said we do it all again
Remember when?

Remember when we said when we turn gray
When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when.

Remember when?"
And that's the point. Your wife wanted to be a SAHM and it worked for your family. I presume you weren't telling her she was told a diabolical lie if she chose to have an outside job rather than being at home.

Nope. You are a HATER. You are determined to find HATRED everywhere, even where it isn't. The problem is on your end.

Butker didn't trash anyone. You're just a HATER deluding himself into "seeing" HATRED everywhere it isn't. The problem is on your end.

If anything, Harrison Butker adheres to Leviticus 19:17, i.e. “Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.”

Nonetheless, he never bashed anyone. Harrison Butker maintained a tone that was positive, upbeat and hopeful, as it was a commencement address. Anyone, such as you, who so grossly mischaracterizes the speech is obviously pushing a HATE-filled agenda.
Indeed...
[/QUOTE]
One hundred percent, TOP.

He spoke of the values that made America unique, family, home, faith.

These far left loons will be left on the trash heap of history.

The full statement and link.

"The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica do not believe that Harrison Butker’s comments in his 2024 Benedictine College commencement address represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned and in which we have been so invested.

Instead of promoting unity in our church, our nation, and the world, his comments seem to have fostered division. One of our concerns was the assertion that being a homemaker is the highest calling for a woman. We sisters have dedicated our lives to God and God’s people, including the many women whom we have taught and influenced during the past 160 years. These women have made a tremendous difference in the world in their roles as wives and mothers and through their God-given gifts in leadership, scholarship, and their careers.

Our community has taught young women and men not just how to be “homemakers” in a limited sense, but rather how to make a Gospel-centered, compassionate home within themselves where they can welcome others as Christ, empowering them to be the best versions of themselves. We reject a narrow definition of what it means to be Catholic. We are faithful members of the Catholic Church who embrace and promote the values of the Gospel, St. Benedict, and Vatican II and the teachings of Pope Francis.

We want to be known as an inclusive, welcoming community, embracing Benedictine values that have endured for more than 1500 years and have spread through every continent and nation. We believe those values are the core of Benedictine College.

We thank all who are supportive of our Mount community and the values we hold. With St. Benedict, we pray, “Let us prefer nothing whatever to Christ, and may he lead us all together to life everlasting.”

The very word "catholic" means inclusive of variety. The Reichwingers are defending the football wonk because he's promoting a narrow, conservative POV where women are wives and moms and men are the ones with careers. Notice that he said nothing to the young men about being excited about their marriages and being fathers. He also felt it necessary to throw in the negative comments about gender identity, as though urging the young people to reject those who are not straight.

That's because there isn't any mention of that...
You're so full of it your eyeballs are brown. :laugh: Here are his exact words.

"For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you."

Women who abandon their children for the goal of career advancement are evil.

So are women who murder their own children in the womb.

You're so full of it your eyeballs are brown. :laugh: Here are his exact words.

"For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you."
What's your point? my eyes are blue...;)

I had a similar lifestyle when my kids were very young. I ran an in-home daycare and in the evenings spent hours doing typesetting for a publishing company. It's good to have choices, isn't it? Forcing someone whose calling is to be a physician, an electrician, a scientist, or a military officer to stay home and raise kids is antithetical to freedom. BTW, the same is true of young men. Everyone should be free to choose the form of their marriage and their family. If the man wants to be a stay-at-home dad rather than working in an office or factory, why not?

Back