"Christianity" in America

You mean like the millions upon millions of social welfare freeloaders that, thanks to the tax code, live off the rest of us for nothing?

Christianity underwent a lot of changes during the Depression and the Dust Bowl with a growing emphasis on the Scofield heresy... followed by the founding of the Dallas Theological Seminary. Graham followed that trend.

It got another boost in the early 1970s with the publication of Late Great Planet Earth.

Christianity underwent a lot of changes during the Depression and the Dust Bowl with a growing emphasis on the Scofield heresy... followed by the founding of the Dallas Theological Seminary. Graham followed that trend.

It got another boost in the early 1970s with the publication of Late Great Planet Earth.

No it didn't. Jesus' teachings, on which Christianity is based, is the same today, yesterday, and for the ages (Hebrews 13:8). It's the people that changed not the Word.

No it didn't. Jesus' teachings, on which Christianity is based, is the same today, yesterday, and for the ages (Hebrews 13:8). It's the people that changed not the Word.

You do know that Hebrews was a letter written TO the Hebrews, don't you?

No.. Even mainline Protestant and Catholic churches have taken up the Scofield heresy and sadly most don't have a clue.. These days they don't reference Scofield in the credits.

You do know that Hebrews was a letter written TO the Hebrews, don't you?

No.. Even mainline Protestant and Catholic churches have taken up the Scofield heresy and sadly most don't have a clue.. These days they don't reference Scofield in the credits.

Doesn't change that the principle applies to more than just the Hebrews. I bet you didn't know that?

Based on your minsdet, a Supreme Court decision only applies to those that brought the case.

I think he was at heart an opportunist......

Well, he was a piker compared to today's TV evangelists/mega-church-creating ringmasters. At least Billy *did* do some actual missionary work in actual overseas places.

Missionary work -- there's a topic for a whole new discussion on Christianity and religions in general.

Dispensationalism is merely a perspective on end times- a pre tribulist teaching, pre- millennial teaching on end times. I agree it’s incorrect, but they, its adherents, are in unity on the trinity, and the saving work of Christ. ( by the way, there exists 3 perspectives on end times) Just because Billy Graham subscribed to pre tribulation, means nothing against his character as a Christian.

Zappacrite, the fatsocrite, actually thinks he can claim this post does not mean he said the guy in the OP did his horrible acts on God's name.

:rofl2:

Did I refer to the Priest in the OP ANYWHERE in my explanation?

NO.

I referred only to "sickos".

But of course YoYo is allowed to make up whatever nonsense he likes and once he has, it becomes "fact".

I'm not all the familiar with the prosperity gospel but am I mistaken in my understanding that it came about as a way to reach a new audience? Or basically Christianity had slow growth in this country and this was a way to reach out to new people.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Contemporary Americans can't seem to find the time to worship GOD unless there's a little something in it for them.

Is that what he said? He expressly stated HIS reason for the quotes and you still ha e to guess?

Is there any length you won't go to in order to not criticize some you politically agree with?

Comey on Christiekins, you can do better.

And right on cue when he doesn't get the answer he likes, here come the petty taunts.

Back