Clinton Campaign says Obama is a Plagiarist!

Joe Biden is a great example. That's a good candidate, who was shot down for good by those charges. And you want me to accept that with Obama, because, hey, it's just "campaigning" right? How much are you willing to accept on that?

There is Hillary hate on this thread; I will not deny that. But it's a thread about the plagiarism charge, and my responses, at least initially, dealt only with that; and for that, I was called sexist, blind, naive & a rabid dog. Who isn't listening?

You want a thread on the claws remark, start one. I came on this thread commenting on the bogus plagiarism charge, and you flew at a comfortable altitude above that & started with the usual "you're a blind worshipper" BS. I'm really tired of it.

If the charges knocked out another Presidential campaign, and they're true, which Obama has admitted that they are, to claim that she shouldn't bring them up is just silly. Of course she should. Of course Obama would. of course McCain will.

This hysteria about Hillary campaigning is just ridiculous.

Tiana, that's well known enough that youd' have to be a real dummy to believe the person speaking the words, wrote the speech.

Listen, or don't listen...at this point I don't care, but Joe Biden got creamed for doing what Obama did a few races back.

I think the reaction to what Biden did was way over the top. But I think the reaction to Hillary bringing this up, is also way over the top.

What Biden did isnt even close.

And Hillary knows this is desperation .. which is why she had someone else do it.

Do you think so? I have been writing on this, publshed stuff, and it did my heart so good to see a male reader comment that the writer was very talented, balancing intelligence with passion. Because I have been so emotional over this, that I haven't been able to tell if I am able to write intelligently on it. I know that here, I am more emotional. But to be honest, I am still not telegraphing the extent of the emotion I feel on this. If I did, I'd be called a sobbing hysterical woman.
I realize how much of this is at your core, therefore difficult to separate the emotion from. Anyway yes, what I said I really think.

Biden lifted someone's whole life story .. not just a few lines that was mutally agreed upon with the original writer .. if Patrick was the writer.

Well, you know what, that's not the story I read in today's Newsday, but maybe you’re correct there, to be honest, I don’t remember the actual incident. I doubt I was even politically aware at the time.

But I don't think Hillary bringing this up was desperate. I think it's a campaign. It worked in another campaign, it's not waht I would call below the belt, so why not bring it up? I wouldn't feel any different if it were Obama doing it to her.

I wonder if anyone else would.

What Biden did isnt even close.

And Hillary knows this is desperation .. which is why she had someone else do it.
I agree with that. Not in the same ballpark.

First, almost no politician writes their own speeches. Shoot even Lincoln was odd when he wrote his own back in the day. It would be difficult to say it is "plagiarism" to speak another's words unless you were writing all your own stuff.

If the charges knocked out another Presidential campaign, and they're true, which Obama has admitted that they are, to claim that she shouldn't bring them up is just silly. Of course she should. Of course Obama would. of course McCain will.

This hysteria about Hillary campaigning is just ridiculous.

It isn't f'ing plagiarism - THAT IS THE POINT. Obama made a mistake in not crediting him, but Christ, the guy called him & suggested he say it. THAT IS NOT PLAGIARISM.

You're way to willing to give people a free pass on this shit, all in the name of trying to stamp out "Hillary hate." This has nothing to do with Hillary hate, and everything to do with a Rovian smear tactic, used by one Dem against another, which you're fine with.

Good. I'm glad I know where you stand on that.

That's pure Rove, Darla. All that matters is that it's a campaign, and the tactic "works."

Great. That's really friggin' great.

Tiana, that's well known enough that youd' have to be a real dummy to believe the person speaking the words, wrote the speech.

Listen, or don't listen...at this point I don't care, but Joe Biden got creamed for doing what Obama did a few races back.
I think the reaction to what Biden did was way over the top. But I think the reaction to Hillary bringing this up, is also way over the top.

true

It isn't f'ing plagiarism - THAT IS THE POINT. Obama made a mistake in not crediting him, but Christ, the guy called him & suggested he say it. THAT IS NOT PLAGIARISM.

You're way to willing to give people a free pass on this shit, all in the name of trying to stamp out "Hillary hate." This has nothing to do with Hillary hate, and everything to do with a Rovian smear tactic, used by one Dem against another, which you're fine with.

Good. I'm glad I know where you stand on that.

Onceler, this is not even close to being a Rovian Smear tactic.

Yes, you know where I stand on it. Know this-I'd feel the same way if the situation were reversed. It's no big deal either way to me. I frankly doubt you can say the same.

Well, you know what, that's not the story I read in today's Newsday, but maybe you’re correct there, to be honest, I don’t remember the actual incident. I doubt I was even politically aware at the time.

But I don't think Hillary bringing this up was desperate. I think it's a campaign. It worked in another campaign, it's not waht I would call below the belt, so why not bring it up? I wouldn't feel any different if it were Obama doing it to her.

I wonder if anyone else would.

It's desperation because it opens a can of worms that all politicians, including Hillary is guilty of.

It has the appearance of desperation which cannot be helpful to her campaign.

That's pure Rove, Darla. All that matters is that it's a campaign, and the tactic "works."

Great. That's really friggin' great.

No I also said I don't believe it's below the belt. I just dont' see this as being below the belt.

Imitating that Hillary is a woman whose claws come out and who gets cranky "periodically" is below the belt.

What Clinton said about Jesse Jackson was below the belt.

This was not below the belt. That’s my opinion. Why you are choosing to get hysterical over it, I don’t know, but that’s not about me, it’s about you.

It's desperation because it opens a can of worms that all politicians, including Hillary is guilty of.

It has the appearance of desperation which cannot be helpful to her campaign.

Well, if that's the case it was a bad tacitical move, and she'll pay the price for it.

It wasn't a low blow though.

Well, if that's the case it was a bad tacitical move, and she'll pay the price for it.

It wasn't a low blow though.

I agree .. but it also wasn't smart and it certainly wasn't Clintonesque.

The Clintons used to be the smartest politicians in America .. but something has happened to the machine.

Onceler, this is not even close to being a Rovian Smear tactic.

Yes, you know where I stand on it. Know this-I'd feel the same way if the situation were reversed. It's no big deal either way to me. I frankly doubt you can say the same.

Now it's you who is being naive.

This is just the latest in an ongoing strategy being used by Clinton's campaign: gradually chipping away at Obama's authenticity, and creating doubts about his integrity. Jesus Christ - they are willing to side with John McCain in calling Obama a waffler on campaign financing. For 24 hours now, the campaign has not been about issues, but about a line from an Obama speech which a friend suggest he use.

I know both campaigns have gone negative, and that both will use what they can. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to dismiss this kind of character attack, that is a bogus, ROVIAN charge, as "no big deal."

I agree .. but it also wasn't smart and it certainly wasn't Clintonesque.

The Clintons used to be the smartest politicians in America .. but something has happened to the machine.

Bill seems to have gone around the bend for one thing. He really has lost his touch. Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s the operations he’s had, I don’t know. But he has lost that midas touch.

How can you even acknowledge that it conclusively brought down Biden, but that it's "no big deal", in the same breath?

Now it's you who is being naive.

This is just the latest in an ongoing strategy being used by Clinton's campaign: gradually chipping away at Obama's authenticity, and creating doubts about his integrity. Jesus Christ - they are willing to side with John McCain in calling Obama a waffler on campaign financing. For 24 hours now, the campaign has not been about issues, but about a line from an Obama speech which a friend suggest he use.

I know both campaigns have gone negative, and that both will use what they can. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to dismiss this kind of character attack, that is a bogus, ROVIAN charge, as "no big deal."

Onceler, didn't Obama join Edwards in "challenging" the republican nominees to agree to only use public financing, or am I wrong about that?

i think it was a huge tactical error, made at a time that no one, and I mean nobody, thought McCain was going to be the nominee.

But he did make that offer didn't he?

Onceler, didn't Obama join Edwards in "challenging" the republican nominees to agree to only use public financing, or am I wrong about that?

i think it was a huge tactical error, made at a time that no one, and I mean nobody, thought McCain was going to be the nominee.

But he did make that offer didn't he?

He sure as hell did, and it was a huge tactical error, and he shouldn't have done it.

He also hasn't come out conclusively to say what he's going to do now.

All that said, it doesn't change the fact that Hillary is siding with McCain in tearing down a potential Democratic nominee.

Back