College Football 2018 - minus the troll

Time for change...at least an 8 team playoff..5 spots to conference champs...3 at large..
(that being said, OSU should have been 5th...and Alabama is spared another beat down from the Buckeyes... ;)
Boring Final 4...hope ND takes it all... I'll check back here to find out...lol
Some good bowl games, though.... '

I'd make it sixteen, mandate all schools play ten games, less practice time, and shorten the season, they are suppose to be students first, no need to schedule marshmellows just to get a payday

I'd make it sixteen, mandate all schools play ten games, less practice time, and shorten the season, they are suppose to be students first, no need to schedule marshmellows just to get a payday

I don't believe it, I agree with archives on something.

Haskins...last two games....895 yards, Eleven touchdowns...
(Total TD...7 more than Murray...Ten more than Tua...)
Just saying;)

They have big players where size matters, and fast players where speed is important. Good recruiting is the key. But having good players isn't worth much if you can't develop them.

Oh, and it is "...sit on their opponents", not "...sit on there opponents". If you are going to call someone lumber-headed, at least use the right words, you know birch-brain?

OK Mr. Grammer Nazi, LOL! I, think it is safe to say that Alabama does gamble on large players for their Offensive and Defensive line players, and I also think it is safe to say that if the other teams in the NCAA Southeastern Conference want to compete in that conference, they should do as the Romans do- if they want to keep up with the Romans.

But, in watching most Crimson Tide games, they win their games in the trenches- and on both Defense and Offense. It's no secret!

And Bully for Alabama! They are good scouts and have an excellent recruitment- and have a good sense to know how to win, what it takes to do that, and keep their edge going!

I'm not here to take away from what Nick Saban has accomplished in the last decade, as he deserves a lot of the credit for the dynasty.

Yep, I do think Tua should get it. And many of the sports people think the same.
Tua did great....not as good as Haskins, Murrey or Minshew, but he did great. But the gold standard for the Heisman winner is the person who contributes the most to his teams success. In that context Tyler Murray walks off and leaves both Tua, Minshew and Haskins behind.

If you go by Stats then Haskins is unquestionably deserving and so is Washington's Minshew.

Sorry QB Tua's got a great rating but he just hasn't put up the numbers that Haskins, Minshew and Murray and we've seen that Alabama can win without Tua...Tua just hasn't put up the numbers that Murray, Haskins and Minshew has.

No I think Murray separated himself out from a stellar crowd of QB's this weekend and he'll be the Heisman winner with Haskins #2 (and a possible dark horse to take it). Minshew and/or Tua will be 3 or 4 and that sounds fair to me based on their performance. There were just too many times Murray put OK back into games they otherwise would have lost. I think Murray best meets the Heisman criteria of contributing the most to his teams success. He should get it.

OK Mr. Grammer Nazi, LOL! I, think it is safe to say that Alabama does gamble on large players for their Offensive and Defensive line players, and I also think it is safe to say that if the other teams in the NCAA Southeastern Conference want to compete in that conference, they should do as the Romans do- if they want to keep up with the Romans.

But, in watching most Crimson Tide games, they win their games in the trenches- and on both Defense and Offense. It's no secret!

And Bully for Alabama! They are good scouts and have an excellent recruitment- and have a good sense to know how to win, what it takes to do that, and keep their edge going!

I'm not here to take away from what Nick Saban has accomplished in the last decade, as he deserves a lot of the credit for the dynasty.

Other schools can't compete financially, either their State can't justify spending that amount of money on football, or, the school decided that the funds be allocated in more academic areas, so the playing field isn't all that level

Schools as Alabama win a large part of their games because they have the ability to recruit second and third team players that can step in for injured or tired starters. They wear down opponents, reason why a lot of their games are decided in the second half. Alabama's quarterback question, just like it was at Clemson, comes down to spending the bucks to recruit, making it possible to go after and keep anybody they want

And given the same circumstances, a lot of current coaches could have accomplished the same Sabin is credited with achieving

Other schools can't compete financially, either their State can't justify spending that amount of money on football, or, the school decided that the funds be allocated in more academic areas, so the playing field isn't all that level

Schools as Alabama win a large part of their games because they have the ability to recruit second and third team players that can step in for injured or tired starters. They wear down opponents, reason why a lot of their games are decided in the second half. Alabama's quarterback question, just like it was at Clemson, comes down to spending the bucks to recruit, making it possible to go after and keep anybody they want

And given the same circumstances, a lot of current coaches could have accomplished the same Sabin is credited with achieving

A former president of the Univ of Alabama said that hiring Nick Saban was the best investment he made during his tenure at Alabama.

Yes, the UA spent a lot of money on Saban and on the facilities. But the money made from winning, has more than paid that back. The profit from the football program, not only supports the entire athletic dept, but helps the university in many areas.

There is almost no facet of the university that has not benefited. From the dramatic increase in out of state students, and the higher tuition they pay, to a significant increase in the average SAT scores of incoming freshmen. It has been a win/win situation.

Saban has created possibly the greatest dynasty in the history of college athletics, certainly in college football. His recruiting of the top players has gotten easier the more he wins. How many coaches can go into a recruit's home and say "Every recruiting class I have had since I arrived at Alabama has won at least one National Championship". And the number of players drafted into the NFL is another lure. They leave Alabama ready for the next level.

Last edited:

Nick Saban did well with inheriting an already developing team from Gene Stallings! He did build on it, but Gene Stallings deserves some of the credit.

Alabama has been good for recruiting NFL players as 54 of them are currently on NFL rosters. That's pretty high really!

Nick Saban did well with inheriting an already developing team from Gene Stallings! He did build on it, but Gene Stallings deserves some of the credit.

Alabama has been good for recruiting NFL players as 54 of them are currently on NFL rosters. That's pretty high really!

Gene Stallings was a very good coach and did a great job at Alabama. But he retired in January of 1997. Coach Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa in January of 2007.

Between Stallings and Saban there were 3 coaches. Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, and Mike Shula. Franchione wasn't bad but he screwed the players in the end. Shula was a joke. And Mike DuBose' career included a 3-8 season. Dubose went 24-23 in his 4 years as head coach. Shula went 26-24 in his years as a head coach.

What Nick Saban inherited was a disaster. It was an old school with memories of great days, but nothing worthwhile in a decade.

What Nick Saban has built is on Nick Saban.

Gene Stallings was a very good coach and did a great job at Alabama. But he retired in January of 1997. Coach Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa in January of 2007.

Between Stallings and Saban there were 3 coaches. Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, and Mike Shula. Franchione wasn't bad but he screwed the players in the end. Shula was a joke. And Mike DuBose' career included a 3-8 season. Dubose went 24-23 in his 4 years as head coach. Shula went 26-24 in his years as a head coach.

What Nick Saban inherited was a disaster. It was an old school with memories of great days, but nothing worthwhile in a decade.

What Nick Saban has built is on Nick Saban.

Nick Saban is 56th on the list of America's best college football coaches! He has definitely been successful at Bama!

And he makes so much money- the NFL cannot even match it!

Nick Saban is 56th on the list of America's best college football coaches! He has definitely been successful at Bama!

And he makes so much money- the NFL cannot even match it!

56th? According to whom?

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/192030618/best-100-college-football-coaches-ever-top-25

That has Saban at #3, behind Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...ad-coaches-in-college-football-history-060917

This list has Saban at #5.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...b18ce41436a_story.html?utm_term=.f4eb76f49820

And this one lists Saban as #1.

And as far as active coaches, he is hands-down the best.

What he has done at Alabama is unparalleled.

Play more than 6 games per season and you'll get respect. Until then suck it.

LMAO!!! Too funny.

Haters gonna hate. But no one has come close to what Saban has done. Let me know when you find a team with no cupcakes on their schedule.

And given the choice of respect from haters or all the trophies? I'll take the trophies.

LMAO!!! Too funny.

Haters gonna hate. But no one has come close to what Saban has done. Let me know when you find a team with no cupcakes on their schedule.

And given the choice of respect from haters or all the trophies? I'll take the trophies.

Stop playing Mercer or the Citadel and I'll respect. Until then suck my dick.

Stop playing Mercer or the Citadel and I'll respect. Until then suck my dick.

But you respect Ohio State when they play Oregon State who has a grand total of 3 wins in the 2 previous seasons? Oh, and 2 of those 3 wins were FCS teams. In fact, in 3 season Oregon State only has 2 wins against FBS teams. But they are ok to schedule?

Or maybe your respect is reserved for Michigan? With 5 teams on their schedule that are not even bowl eligible? Especially with Rutgers and their 1-11 season. The Citadel could probably beat Rutgers.

Keep whining and maybe someone will give you a pity fuck. It won't be me, but someone might.

Urban Meyer retiring. Says it's for health reasons. i thought that was why he "retired"form UF.
Shit, he's only 54 yrs. old. That's pretty young for a coach as successful as him.

Urban Meyer retiring. Says it's for health reasons. i thought that was why he "retired"form UF.
Shit, he's only 54 yrs. old. That's pretty young for a coach as successful as him.
Right now, I think he's really got to take the medical issues (brain cyst) much more seriously....that job is 24/7 and so not stress free....he
will stay on with the university in some capacity, I'm sure... He was awesome, and will be missed as a coach..the Buckeye family is as strong as they come....and he is a homegrown Buckeye...:)

Back