College Football 2018 - minus the troll

I fucking hate the south, the state of Alabubba, the Tree Killers of UA, and Saban for taking part in it. But, reading the arguments of Archives is just painful.

Also, there happen to be a private school in the playoffs. It also happens to be God's university.

One private school, one, and probably the only one ever capable of making a football playoff, and at least they spend their own money to get to that level. In time, they will be shut out also, there is a reason the Power Five Conferences maintain the playoff to four teams

And I would think God has more important things to do than concern Himself with who wins a football game

I've long been one of those old sticklers who wants to preserve the amateurism and concept of the student athlete. But, the NCAA has acted stupidly for years, and the academy has opted to corrupt itself over money. Academic standards have been watered down, making the whole thing look like a bad joke.

Unfortunately, it will come crashing down someday. Players should be wary, though, because, once they become paid employees, they will be sacrificing the free diploma, and the privileges and benefits that come with it.

The NCAA is never going to bite the hand that feeds it, the big schools dictate to the NCAA, they'll go after a smaller private school but turn their head at the big state schools, North Carolina being the latest example

You keep returning with the same "arguments." Schools aren't a business, they don't exist to turn a profit, they were created to educate, not provide entertainment. "Publish or perish," and research are done to advance the academic reputation of the University

What other "athletics" does Alabama have but football? And the two private schools you mentioned are two, that is two, two, and I'd have to add that Stanford's probability of ever even reaching a football playoff is remote at best

If they aren't a business, why are their costs completely out of control?

One private school, one, and probably the only one ever capable of making a football playoff, and at least they spend their own money to get to that level. In time, they will be shut out also, there is a reason the Power Five Conferences maintain the playoff to four teams

And I would think God has more important things to do than concern Himself with who wins a football game

You can be sure that private schools, to include USC, Stanford, and Baylor, which are perennially competitive in football, will be making appearances in the playoff alongside Notre Dame. I mean, USC had a dynasty during the Pete Carrol era.

The NCAA is never going to bite the hand that feeds it, the big schools dictate to the NCAA, they'll go after a smaller private school but turn their head at the big state schools, North Carolina being the latest example

The NCAA screwed over OSU back in 2012, and has continued to do so off-and-on ever since. It also seems to strongly dislike Louisville and Syracuse basketball.

They bit Alabama's hand not so long ago. Probation with no post season activity and limitations on scholarships.

You keep returning with the same "arguments." Schools aren't a business, they don't exist to turn a profit, they were created to educate, not provide entertainment. "Publish or perish," and research are done to advance the academic reputation of the University

What other "athletics" does Alabama have but football? And the two private schools you mentioned are two, that is two, two, and I'd have to add that Stanford's probability of ever even reaching a football playoff is remote at best

You just keep saying that they are not supposed to be interested in profits. Maybe if you say it enough you will believe it. That will make one of us.

As for other athletics, there are none as famous as football. But the Alabama baseball team has made it to the college world series. The gymnastics team has won national championships as have the softball and golf teams. They just don't make money doing it.

You can be sure that private schools, to include USC, Stanford, and Baylor, which are perennially competitive in football, will be making appearances in the playoff alongside Notre Dame. I mean, USC had a dynasty during the Pete Carrol era.

No they won't, UCF is a good example, if you maintain the playoffs at four teams you have to start the year ranked in the top ten, and when was the last time a Baylor was ranked that high?

The Power Five own the NCAA and the playoff system, even private schools in those leagues chances are remote at best

The NCAA screwed over OSU back in 2012, and has continued to do so off-and-on ever since. It also seems to strongly dislike Louisville and Syracuse basketball.

Really? Hasn't seem to bother them all that much

And of course they go after the Syracuses of the college world, especially in Bball, Syracuse not as big a player in football, did you notice Syracuse was penalized harshly for one tenth of the infractions that North Carolina got off completely free for? And what Louisville did bordered on criminal, and it is hard to believe some of the larger State schools don't participle in similar activities

Talking 2002?

So they hide their fourth team scholarships on school grants and come in under the number

So you make shit up to try and continue your argument?

Odd that you don't seem to have an issue with the other schools who spend big money. You don't seem to be interested in inventing accusations against other teams.

Unless you have something substantial, this is growing tiresome.

So you make shit up to try and continue your argument?

Odd that you don't seem to have an issue with the other schools who spend big money. You don't seem to be interested in inventing accusations against other teams.

Unless you have something substantial, this is growing tiresome.

Well I have throughout this exchange, North Carolina and Ohio State, but it wasn't anyone else who came on boasting that Alabama football was some kind of herculean accomplishment and Sabin was a current day Pop Warner

Where I have produced "something substantial," you did just brushed it aside as irrelevant, providing evidence generated by Alabama University itself as a counter

Lastly, I really don't care about Alabama football, or your obsession with it, my intial reaction was in response to your bragging as if it something more than it is

Well I have throughout this exchange, North Carolina and Ohio State, but it wasn't anyone else who came on boasting that Alabama football was some kind of herculean accomplishment and Sabin was a current day Pop Warner

Where I have produced "something substantial," you did just brushed it aside as irrelevant, providing evidence generated by Alabama University itself as a counter

Lastly, I really don't care about Alabama football, or your obsession with it, my intial reaction was in response to your bragging as if it something more than it is

Well pardon me for bragging about something that is brag worthy. In the last 10 years 5 different teams have won a national championship, and 1 team has won 5.

Saban is the greatest active college football coach by a healthy margin.

I am a fan of the program and coach from my alma mater. No apologies for that.

As for your "something substantial", you have offered nothing but laughable accusations.

Well pardon me for bragging about something that is brag worthy. In the last 10 years 5 different teams have won a national championship, and 1 team has won 5.

Saban is the greatest active college football coach by a healthy margin.

I am a fan of the program and coach from my alma mater. No apologies for that.

As for your "something substantial", you have offered nothing but laughable accusations.

Hasn't North Dakota State topped those numbers, and they play football without the million dollar coaching staff, players driving Mercedes, nor media attention

And as I said, they is like boasting the New York Yankees are the winningest pro baseball team of all time without also recognizing they had more money than all the other teams for the vast majority of years that they dominated the sport

Hasn't North Dakota State topped those numbers, and they play football without the million dollar coaching staff, players driving Mercedes, nor media attention

And as I said, they is like boasting the New York Yankees are the winningest pro baseball team of all time without also recognizing they had more money than all the other teams for the vast majority of years that they dominated the sport

The Yankees comparison is nonsense. I have given you the facts and figures for what other teams spend. And yet they have not won nearly as many games as Alabama.

Of course, you claimed those numbers "...evidence generated by Alabama University itself as a counter". I wasn't aware that Forbes magazine was connected to the University of Alabama.

I find it amusing that you are so offended by my bragging that you will continue on and on with a discussion, including making up ways Alabama is cheating, just to counter it.

Right now Alabama is the most dominant team in college football. As far as spending, they come in 4th or 5th. But those who spend more are winning far less. That seems to be solid evidence that it is not just money spent.

As I said before, this is just tiresome. And has derailed the thread from its original intent. Find a new imaginary crime to whine about.

No they won't, UCF is a good example, if you maintain the playoffs at four teams you have to start the year ranked in the top ten, and when was the last time a Baylor was ranked that high?

The Power Five own the NCAA and the playoff system, even private schools in those leagues chances are remote at best

Until about two years ago, Baylor was consistently ranked high. The reason UCF is not getting into the playoff is because their level of competition is a joke. Contrast that with Notre Dame, who gets a pass on not having to compete for conference titles by having a competitive schedule. The conferences are referred to as "Power Five" for a reason.

No one anticipates the playoff remaining at four teams. It was the only way of transitioning from the two-team BCS format, however. Ultimately, it will be the job of rational people to ram a stake through the black (and hilariously stupid) heart of Bowl mania. If they preserve the only five that matter, and that should ever have come to exist (Rose, Sun, Cotton, Sugar, Orange, and, maybe, Fiesta), then it will free-up a lot of space for more teams to be available to compete for a spot in the CFP. Or else shorten the regular season to ten games, and then sneak in the bowl games prior to meaningful stuff like the conference title games.

The Yankees comparison is nonsense. I have given you the facts and figures for what other teams spend. And yet they have not won nearly as many games as Alabama.

Of course, you claimed those numbers "...evidence generated by Alabama University itself as a counter". I wasn't aware that Forbes magazine was connected to the University of Alabama.

I find it amusing that you are so offended by my bragging that you will continue on and on with a discussion, including making up ways Alabama is cheating, just to counter it.

Right now Alabama is the most dominant team in college football. As far as spending, they come in 4th or 5th. But those who spend more are winning far less. That seems to be solid evidence that it is not just money spent.

As I said before, this is just tiresome. And has derailed the thread from its original intent. Find a new imaginary crime to whine about.

Are you daft man, it isn't a sports forum, you just want to tell us how great you think Alabama is, nobody cares, it is a college football program, one that has born on third base which you are now all giddy about cause they hit a home run

Back